What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Prices are plummeting

A

Anonymous

surely i aint that bad :) i think there's tooooooooooo much political correctness in the world people are so easily offended in general these days not on this forum but in the whole of society :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Right i was back on the rcz configurator it seems its going through a transitional period the only new info i got is you can have a leather/alcantara upholstery/dashboard for £1200, matt black arches £320 even on a sport :thumbup: you cant option alloys at the moment but it does show a photo of the new 19" optional Hephias alloys :cool: it does show the facelifted model when you specify front parking sensors for a sport model, i would guess it will fully updated soon and new facelifted models ready to order by the end of the year if not sooner :dance: :dance:

RCZ1

Reaction score
I reckon within a few days it will be live and working properly. If you think about it, if you go and order a brand new RCZ now, it will take 3 months ish to build, so that will be the new model that you get.
When I ordered my RCZ it was 5 months before it was launched, I only had a piece of paper to work from to choose my options etc.

I think it's a good thing that you can now select a leather interior as an option on the Sport model, rather than just getting cloth. That's a good move Peugeot :)
However, I would still get mine fitted by Seat Surgeons - better quality AND it would be cheaper and I could still have something unique :)

Bad move that they don't offer more alloy wheel designs on the Sport model though :(

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
surely i aint that bad :) i think there's tooooooooooo much political correctness in the world people are so easily offended in general these days not on this forum but in the whole of society :thumbdown:

:text-goodpost:

A

Anonymous

I just thought it was a relevant and well written article on the topic RCZ.

On the THREAD topic, I'm going to have to check out the configuration and new options!

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
I just thought it was a relevant and well written article on the topic RCZ.

On the THREAD topic, I'm going to have to check out the configuration and new options!

Awe rizz slap on the wrist :lol: :lol: mate the configurator is all over the place and does'nt make any sense at all as RCZ1 say's it will be up to speed soon for order's early 2013 and Jassy will be leasing one Made my mind up I was without it for just one day and i missed it badly and i cant think of any other car that will keep me interested but this time i will option it with Xenons,Hephia alloys,black arches and maybe in red just maybe need to see it first in that colour.......... but i would love the 200 gt if not i will see about a piggy back remap box.

so i will be going for another rcz sorry donna/ron :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well that's a change of heart Jassy :)
Glad to hear you've come to your senses ;)

I'm also really interested to see what the red is like because I would love another red car. I'm still rather disappointed that Peugeot haven't gone further and given us more colour options.

I'm interested in the black roof arches. I actually ordered them first time round but we all know the story behind those and why we didn't get them. I would be interested in the Sport Pack but I just have one concern - the exhaust note you get inside the car. How loud is this? If you accelerate gently is it barely noticeable? I ask because my mother does not like going fast / or perceived fast. In the Sport you can hardly hear the engine when I'm accelerating gently so she has never once complained about me driving too fast whilst I've had the RCZ. Coupled with the fact that the car stays so flat through corners, she feels very secure and not rocked around. I'm sorely tempted by those new alloys but the 19 inch wheels really put me off, for the ride quality. Cor blimey, decisions, decisions !

A

Anonymous

To be honest with the cd going u don't hear the exhaust note being pumped into the car just a pr gimmick me thinks sounds good in the brochure :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
[so i will be going for another rcz sorry donna/ron :lol:
You don't always appreciate what you have got until you haven't got it any more. I am not surprised really that you want to stay with the RCZ. It is a great car and Peugeot after sales is second to none :thumbup:
Personally I shall be keeping Pearl2 as I simply love the look, the drive and because it has a whole lot of life in it still. Keep this under your hat....... in the mane I enjoy your posts :eusa-shhh:

A

Anonymous

YES i will lease another i have too :thumbup: cant buy one couldnt afford it either just now :eusa-think: :eusa-think: Red maybe :?: as it will go well with black arches/black wheel's,I Will be ready this time for the lease as believe it or not i picked and got the car within 10 days as i needed it asap not forgeting i went on a rather expensive 2 week holiday for 4 peeps 2 weeks before getting the car courtesy of jassy :(

PS i wont need to get led lights anyhow so thats a saving straight away :lol:

My thoughts are if you spec the new car with red paint/black arches new alloy's combine this with the new front then it will really stand out from the older model but i need to see this morocan red paint first or its pearl's a singer for me... :lol:

A

Anonymous

I totally agree. Spec the car and then you get the one you want :D I would rather over spec and not make full use of everything than not have it. I got the Sat Nav and have bought all the updates but............... 99% of my driving is straight down the A64 to work and back, but it's nice to have and comes with other things that I do use :thumbup: We had all those cars at the Yorkshire meet and not two were spec'd the same :eusa-think: Personalisation is the way forward, that way you feel it is your car and not just a car :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score
bigmac3161 said:
To be honest with the cd going u don't hear the exhaust note being pumped into the car just a pr gimmick me thinks sounds good in the brochure :eusa-think:

That's reassuring big mac. I could have some fun when I'm on my own in the car but when mum is in it then as you say, just have to turn Abba up a bit higher or sing louder ;)

A

Anonymous

When using the Asphalt when my own car was in for warranty repairs, I had pleasure of experiencing this cabin sound and found it endlessly entertaining. It makes a little warble when accelerating gently so wouldn't be put off by it RCZ1. I want to find out if it can be fitted aftermarket and, if so, at what cost. I may do the same about black arches as I think they'd look ace on my dolphin.

RCZ1

Reaction score
That's my thoughts Jassy re red paint, black roof arches but not black wheels, as I'm not a fan. Solstice alloys are not too bad though. Do like the new alloy design that's coming :)

Funny isn't it because I've been considering Opal White, if I'm not keen on the red. I quite like Mercury Grey but never been a grey car person and I would be worried that I would lose my interest in it, if I chose that colour. If I got Pearl white again then in a similar way, I would be worried that it would not feel a new car. I thought car buying was supposed to be a pleasurable experience :)

A

Anonymous

I initially thought the new alloys looked great but I saw this image of them on the RCZ Facebook site and I'm not so convinced. However, I'll reserve judgement until I see them in the metal.

However, the black arches should look great and are something I'd be keen to have retrofitted. I'm also very intrigued by the red. I really hope it's a deep dark red. Some brighter reds can look a little cheap.

On a side note, Jassy, I'm stoked to hear that you're going to lease another!! :thumbup: I think I'm going to be very jealous of your facelifted model as what you plan on selecting sounds awesome!!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks for that photo Mr Rizz. I still think they look fab but they do have a few little gaps which could make some areas difficult to reach, when cleaning.

A

Anonymous

You're very welcome RCZ1. I think it's the two tone nature and the disjointed manner of some of the abstract connecting spokes that puts me off a little. They're either going to look fabulous or a little cheap I think.

As for the cleaning, would wheel woollies not get in those abstract little gaps?

RCZ1

Reaction score
mrizzle said:
As for the cleaning, would wheel woollies not get in those abstract little gaps?

Yes they would - very well remembered :)

You see I like those two tone abstract spokes, they are interesting, much more so than my Original alloys :(

My very favourite alloys on any car are these, which are similar in design I think. Can't really get the full impact in this picture but you see the similarity.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
mrizzle said:

Yes they would - very well remembered :)

I'm learning!! ;) :D Do I get a sticker on my jotter? :lol:

It was the two tones which initially caught my eye when the press images were first released. Again, I'll reserve judgement until I see them in real life. They do look fantastic on the promotional advert and in the press photos. Would you be happy enough to go to 19ins alloys?

Oh and...sorry but I'm not convinced by those alloys you like so much. Ou could be right though, it could just be the image.

A

Anonymous

My fav alloys of all time and doubt i will ever cherish a set they way i did these i polished and waxed them constantly :( the finish on them was amazing

Attachments

• rtype.jpg
    rtype.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 992