What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Prices are plummeting

RCZ1

Reaction score
jassyo06 said:
RCZ1 said:
Q5 not that good TBH. We had a test drive in one a couple of years ago. Awful car to drive. Not a patch on a Discovery 4.

was at a customers house doing some work he had just treated himself to a new freelander top of the range very good quality inside but outside god so geordie Auf WEIDERSHEIN PET LIKE......as are all land rover/rangies :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: the audi's aint much better but are built better and slightly more stylish off topic this :thumbdown: Nae use

Difference between a Freelander and a Discovery is a country mile, let alone an Audi. As for Audi's being better built, absolute crap.
Have you even driven one? I'll bet no therefore you have no experience/knowledge to back your comments up.

And what, all of a sudden, is this constant fascination with people going off topic when you've constantly done it, throughout your time on this forum - rolls eyes. I give up :(

Now to get back on topic, the Audi A4 looks very nice in white. I don't think colour separates any type of Audi/BMW driver from another - they all declined the option of the indicator stalk when speccing the car up ;)

A

Anonymous

To be honest your all off topic, including our forum mod who I have to say has recently become quite hostile in some of her posts ....
Don't forget RCZ1 you should be setting an example on this forum , not antagonising people !!!!!

A

Anonymous

Mikeyuk said:
To be honest your all off topic, including our forum mod who I have to say has recently become quite hostile in some of her posts ....
Don't forget RCZ1 you should be setting an example on this forum , not antagonising people !!!!!
:roll: :brickwall:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Pardon me......... !

We've always tried to keep an open, happy discussion/banter going on this forum.
Almost every thread on this forum is off topic at some point (and the same for other forums too).
If we came down heavy handed we would be criticised. When we let it ride for a bit and one of the Mods posts in the thread, again we are criticised. EVERYONE is guilty of going off topic at some time. Sometimes it's people being friendly towards one another, other times people post things without any personal knowledge/experience to back up what they have posted.

I do give up :(

A

Anonymous

Back on topic....

No-one buys a car in the hope that it WON'T lose money ... unless you're buying a £££££ classic car.

We buy a car, WHATEVER car that may be .... because we LIKE it and it suits our needs. So what that it loses money? GET OVER IT ...or buy a pushbike!!!

A

Anonymous

I view depreciation as "running costs" you either buy a second hand car and run the risk of buying "someone else's problems" or buy a new one and enjoy the benefits of the manufacturers warranty. either way it will cost you money to run a car.

I can't thing of many things in life that do not cost money to enjoy them. Depreciation is one of those things that I am happy to pay, for the pleasure I get from driving a car of my choosing :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
Back on topic....

No-one buys a car in the hope that it WON'T lose money ... unless you're buying a £££££ classic car.

We buy a car, WHATEVER car that may be .... because we LIKE it and it suits our needs. So what that it loses money? GET OVER IT ...or buy a pushbike!!!
Finally someone else talking sense :text-goodpost: :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I view depreciation as "running costs" you either buy a second hand car and run the risk of buying "someone else's problems" or buy a new one and enjoy the benefits of the manufacturers warranty. either way it will cost you money to run a car.

I can't thing of many things in life that do not cost money to enjoy them. Depreciation is one of those things that I am happy to pay, for the pleasure I get from driving a car of my choosing :thumbup:
Top quote :)

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
donnaj1dlh said:
Back on topic....

Finally someone else talking sense :text-goodpost: :thumbup:

And it comes from a woman........as always!! ;-)

A

Anonymous

The dealer who I am going to part x with has offered 14k for mine. I'm happy with that. Settlement on finance is 12k so 2k off the new Audi bonus!

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
jassyo06 said:
RCZ1 said:
Q5 not that good TBH. We had a test drive in one a couple of years ago. Awful car to drive. Not a patch on a Discovery 4.

was at a customers house doing some work he had just treated himself to a new freelander top of the range very good quality inside but outside god so geordie Auf WEIDERSHEIN PET LIKE......as are all land rover/rangies :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: the audi's aint much better but are built better and slightly more stylish off topic this :thumbdown: Nae use

Difference between a Freelander and a Discovery is a country mile, let alone an Audi. As for Audi's being better built, absolute crap.
Have you even driven one? I'll bet no therefore you have no experience/knowledge to back your comments up.

And what, all of a sudden, is this constant fascination with people going off topic when you've constantly done it, throughout your time on this forum - rolls eyes. I give up :(

Now to get back on topic, the Audi A4 looks very nice in white. I don't think colour separates any type of Audi/BMW driver from another - they all declined the option of the indicator stalk when speccing the car up ;)

I DONT NEED TO DRIVE a brick to have a opinion touch a little nerve....................... :thumbdown: my opinion of all land rovers discos freelander and range rovers is they lack style are slab sided and are over priced and WANNABE snobs aspire to them. i see Overfinch range rovers/ and that other stupid looking thing land rover forgets its name...........now Oh thats it A Evoque...........All the time a disco has 2 chassis and weighs 2 and half tonnes and is as slow as a long winter night

RCZ1

Reaction score
I'm not going to argue with you Jassy. All I will say is that the Discovery is anything but slow, yes even with all that weight but I'm not bothered about speed like you. It doesn't matter to me how many seconds it takes me to to get to 60, I'd still like to be alive when I reach my destination. Seen too many bad accidents caused by people driving too fast, without consideration for other road users, putting other innocent people's lives at risk :(

But then again, I wouldn't be seen dead in a boy racer Type R which are driven by men well past their prime but who, mistakenly, think they are life's young studs ...... !

You see assumptions are made by people who know nothing about you !

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
but I'm not bothered about speed like you.

Ha ha ha if he was, he wouldn't be driving a RCZ!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: by his own admission ( I think) it's hardly a sports car....

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I'm not going to argue with you Jassy. All I will say is that the Discovery is anything but slow, yes even with all that weight but I'm not bothered about speed like you. It doesn't matter to me how many seconds it takes me to to get to 60, I'd still like to be alive when I reach my destination. Seen too many bad accidents caused by people driving too fast, without consideration for other road users, putting other innocent people's lives at risk :(

But then again, I wouldn't be seen dead in a boy racer Type R which are driven by men well past their prime but who, mistakenly, think they are life's young studs ...... !

You see assumptions are made by people who know nothing about you !

Yeah but you where seen living/driving a Mini :lol: :lol: Ah the usual suspect ron and donna=who knows nowt about cars obviously none of your better half's car knowledge has rubbed off on ya as he has some cracking cars and ron liking this post it should be "licking" this post......................... :lol: As for the fn2 type R IT NEVER WAS A BOY RACERS CAR too expensive that crown belonged to the previous Type R ep3 which was far cheaper and faster and could be modified cheaply

As for men who are well past there prime and drive cars that younger people aspire too the same applies to females

A

Anonymous

Rczmk said:
The dealer who I am going to part x with has offered 14k for mine. I'm happy with that. Settlement on finance is 12k so 2k off the new Audi bonus!

SOUNDS great go for it its a cracking looking car all singing all dancing :cool: and in 3 years time it will still be worth more than a 2013 3 year old rcz

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
Ah the usual suspect ron and donna=who knows nowt about cars obviously none of your better half's car knowledge has rubbed off on ya as he has some cracking cars

How dare you Jassy! You know bugger all about what I may or may not know. Why do you have to always so downright rude? Sooner you get rid of this heap of an RCZ you're so unfortunate to own, the better, so you can whine and whinge on some other owners forum.

A

Anonymous

:eek: WOW, seems like all is back to normal then. :lol:

2 minutes I've been away and you lot start the fun and games without me :(

New Site Old Banter. :clap: :lol:
Nothing like a Scot to keep up traditions :lol: :lol:

Anyway to get back on topic and settle you lot down ( would rather not really it's more fun :lol: ) I will grudgingly let my 54 plate diesel Polo go to RCZmk For £20k, I know, I know it's giving it away but thats the type of guy I am. :thumbup:

A Taff well past his prime but still a tryer and all heart, just like his Tango'd Supercharged Scot buddy :lol:

A

Anonymous

You only need to worry about residuals if you are selling surely?
I owned 3 Audi A's before the RCZ , 1 saloon and 2 Avants,i kept each for 3 years.
My last one was a 2.0 tdi S line executive with a lot of toys ,it cost me £34500 i got £18250 for it and it was on the Audi forecourt for £24995
The difference between trade and and what you pay is very different.
I bought the RCZ because it was different.
Its tuff out there at the moment the more expensive the car the bigger the % of discount at the moment.

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
jassyo06 said:
Ah the usual suspect ron and donna=who knows nowt about cars obviously none of your better half's car knowledge has rubbed off on ya as he has some cracking cars

How dare you Jassy! You know bugger all about what I may or may not know. Why do you have to always so downright rude? Sooner you get rid of this heap of an RCZ you're so unfortunate to own, the better, so you can whine and whinge on some other owners forum.

l apologise if you found that rude Donna really it's wasnt meant to be :) i dont complain when you and Ronaldo demean me by calling me the forum Troll do i :( a take it on the chin and carry on so again sorry it wasnt meant.

A

Anonymous

Jassy, I had never heard of a troll or knew what one was, however when the dictionary definition was posted here on the forum, it described you to a tee. You will/do make the most provocative of statements and usually quite demeaning ones too. I suspect that it must just be your sense of humour based upon your apology to Donna, because you say you didn't mean to be rude. When your initial post was just that to anybody else reading it.
You can be funny, entertaining and some times bang out of order. For me personally I have enjoyed so many of your posts, but of late they are usually in the latter bracket and not the former.