What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

veloster

A

Anonymous

bee all sounds fab .. can i ask why you decided to trade the rcz !!

RCZ1

Reaction score
Thanks for that information bee, much appreciated. It does sound like a fab car and you are obviously enjoying it. Great mpg too.

What are the scrolling front leds and tail light leds? Do you mean they are constantly moving when on?

Do you have a spoiler on the back too?

A

Anonymous

why CANT they bee compared you have had ownership of both???

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Jactac, whap mpg are you getting from your RCZ? I average 44mpg, sometimes higher.

K, I dont a lot of motorway driving so its difficult to give an average, but around town, shortish journeys I would say I get anything between 25 / 30 max.

Funny we should hit on this subject because night before last I threw £10 of petrol in the tank on my way home from just to keep it out of the red, and for some reason I reset the trip counter, dont know why as I never do it normally, anyway last night the low fuel message came up like it did when I put the £10 in, when I checked the mileage on the trip counter I had done 44 miles on £10, personaly I think thats pants as £10 is around 7.5 litres of fuel, and if my maths is correct thats only 44 miles on just under 2 gallons. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I do like the look of the Volester,and according to Bee's input it sounds good too, but like Jassy says it has to be driven to get a "real" feel for it so hopefully I will be taking one out for a spin soon.

I am a bit of a kid when it comes to all the "toys" on a car, however just because it has lots to play with quality cannot be compromised.

A little thought comes to mind here, we've had the same xmas tree for over 10 years, bought it from Eddershaws, it was'nt cheap but it was worth the money, it was a beautiful specimen that gave me joy when Mrs H erected it every year :eusa-whistle: .
Then this last xmas Mrs H decided to go out and buy a new one from a well know DIY retailer, it had all the bells and whistles already loaded onto the tree, lights, tinsle, snow, bells, it even had a little Robin sitting in there that chirped away, it had the lot and promised to be the RCZ and Volester xmas tree all rolled into one.

WAS IT HELL, :evil: It was a complete load of c**p that lasted 1 week before it started to fall apart, the Robin sounded like Joe Pasquale on crack, the snow fell off and stained the carpet and the lights kept blowing the bloody fuses.

So getting back to the Volester, I will be checking it out and NOT Mrs H. :x
(sorry about that little tirade but I miss my old tree)

RCZ1

Reaction score
jactac said:
RCZ1 said:
Jactac, whap mpg are you getting from your RCZ? I average 44mpg, sometimes higher.

K, I dont a lot of motorway driving so its difficult to give an average, but around town, shortish journeys I would say I get anything between 25 / 30 max.

Funny we should hit on this subject because night before last I threw £10 of petrol in the tank on my way home from just to keep it out of the red, and for some reason I reset the trip counter, dont know why as I never do it normally, anyway last night the low fuel message came up like it did when I put the £10 in, when I checked the mileage on the trip counter I had done 44 miles on £10, personaly I think thats pants as £10 is around 7.5 litres of fuel, and if my maths is correct thats just under 2 gallons. :eusa-think:

I don't do ANY motoring driving. It's all commuting to and from work (city) or country roads. Around town I still get 35 - 38 mpg. My OH always wonders how I can get such good mpg out of his car when I use it because it's always way better then he can ever manage. I'm not heavy footed so that may account for it.

I agree about the test drive of the Veloster. I wil have one I day it's just not on the imminent horizon and of course I will have to wait and see what the facelifted RCZ will be like before any decisions are made. I just feel the Veloster offers a great little package for the money and when you take into account warranty, roadside assistance, etc it's very hard to ignore. :D

A

Anonymous

Where are the car mag reviews for this 'ere Volester then? I haven't been able to find any at all. I reckon that's because they know that no-one in their right mind would buy one so it's pointless doing a review of it. :lol: It's the sort of car an old man would buy having just retired from his 40yr job with a pension fund burning a hole in his pocket - has to go and buy something that looks a bit "sporty" to relive his youth a bit even though everyone else knows that it's a crock of Korean s*** and they'll be in autotrader in 12 months time for £2,500. :twisted:

A

Anonymous

RCZowner said:
Where are the car mag reviews for this 'ere Volester then? I haven't been able to find any at all. I reckon that's because they know that no-one in their right mind would buy one so it's pointless doing a review of it. :lol: It's the sort of car an old man would buy having just retired from his 40yr job with a pension fund burning a hole in his pocket - has to go and buy something that looks a bit "sporty" to relive his youth a bit even though everyone else knows that it's a crock of Korean s*** and they'll be in autotrader in 12 months time for £2,500. :twisted:

Mmmmmm,
I gotta get out more and find something else to spend my dosh on. :?
A surfboard and some twinkly speedos maybe :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
There are reviews if you look. You are entitled to your opinion but I think I'm hardly the sort of person you describe. I suppose this is the sort of prejudice that Hyundai have to overcome.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
There are reviews if you look. You are entitled to your opinion but I think I'm hardly the sort of person you describe. I suppose this is the sort of prejudice that Hyundai have to overcome.

bee said:
totally agree-words from a person that has not even had a test drive in a V.

Totaly agree :text-goodpost:

Ps, I'm trying my best to relive my youth, however Mrs H insists I got no chance even with twinkly speedos and a rolled up newspaper stuffed down them :?

A

Anonymous

The V is a real looker. Nice engine and can seemingly haul itself around quite well. In Chile we have had them here for around 2-3 months and there are a few around. The only thing I didnt like was the interior. It looked too plasticky for my taste. I would class it as a "quirky" car. It is definately IMO a young persons car (no offence to older people owning one!). To finish, I wouldnt buy one but I'll accept one as a gift!

A

Anonymous

RCZowner said:
Personally I think these comments are cruel and uncalled for. RCZowner you do not know bee, as you haven't been around this forum long enough. To make remarks as you have is darn right out of order :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
RCZowner said:
Personally I think these comments are cruel and uncalled for. RCZowner you do not know bee, as you haven't been around this forum long enough. To make remarks as you have is darn right out of order :thumbdown:

It wasn't directed at any particular member name(s), but if the cap fits.. I stand by what I said though, especially my closing comments, but I'll amend the middle bit to people suffering a mid-life crisis instead. :mrgreen:

As for the comments a couple of posts above about it being a young person's car, I've just got my cousin and his 3 pals to come downstairs and have a look at the pics and tell me what they thought of it. One (20) said "are you having a laugh?!", another (19) scoffed "I wouldn't be seen dead in that". In fairness one did say he liked it, but then asked what it was and quickly changed his mind when I told him. :mrgreen:

Anyway fellas, as long as you like it that's all that matters. I'm sure your pals down your working men's club will love it just as much as you do. :beer: