What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

veloster

A

Anonymous

Give it 3 months and uncle arnold will have £5000 off it pre=regy i know we really dont want to hurt another members feelings here but i have to bee honest and say its throwing good money after bad.what is the real reason ron??..............especially when it costs £23,000 thats a serious amount of money on any car never car mind it being a korean car and in yellow resale values are not worth thinking about as for 5 year servicing thats plastic carrot in comparison to the full car package :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

oh.got my V from read grimsby :cool:
no discounts there but a waiting list.

A

Anonymous

hi bee,

Sad to see you have changed but hope you enjoy the new car.

Regards

Marcus

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Drove past my local Hyundai garage today to see a bright yellow Veloster in prime position outside. Only saw it side on but it certainly had a sporty look to it. I have to say, the more I see it, the more I like it.

I love the whole glass roof on it and the way it seems to wrap around to the windows at the side.

Totaly 100% agree K, i likey a lot :thumbup:

And my local Hyundai are offering a "very good discount" :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
HI matey :thumbup: in your absence have you caught a virus from a sheep :lol: :lol: thats affected your opinion on cars :lol:

Nothing a bit of dipping in the sheep bath wont sort out, wots a rash between friends, :oops: :lol:

A

Anonymous

It pains me to say this..... but I sort of agree with jassy. It is not my cup of tea either. But only because I do not want a practical car. If I did then why not. You do get a lot of bang for your bucks. Oh good this means I'm disagreeing with jassy again. Cos I don't think £23,000 is a lot of money for what bee's car comes with. In his own words "Fully Loaded"
Good on ya bee and all the best with your new Yellow peril

A

Anonymous

cheers ron, yes fully loaded and new side stripes,looks like a chrismas tree.

A

Anonymous

I do like the looks of this car .... But having worked for Hyundai for a few years , I certainly wouldn't purchase one ... Very poor build quality and low residual values put me right off.

A

Anonymous

Mikeyuk said:
I do like the looks of this car .... But having worked for Hyundai for a few years , I certainly wouldn't purchase one ... Very poor build quality and low residual values put me right off.

Just curious Mike, but as an ex-employee of Hyundai and now an owner of a Peugeot, how would you compare Peugeots build quality in comparison to Hyundai ?

Having owned many makes of cars myself, but never an Hyundai, this is why I ask your opinion on the two makes.
I certainly would'nt say that Peugeot were the best that I've owned, yet I would'nt say they were the worst that I've owned either, my point is ALL makes will have good and bad points, but maybe you will have a little more experience due to either owning or working with both makes ?

I regard,from my past experience, Vauxhall as having a good "build quality",perhaps better than Peugeot !
Again though this is just from my own experiences with both makes, yet there are other's that would not touch a Vauxhall with a long stick, so I think it all comes back to an individuals past experience with a particular make and model .

RCZ1

Reaction score
You make some good points there jactac. I've had a couple of Vauxhalls and not suffered any problems with them. Having said that I've been quite lucky with all my cars as none of them have ever let me down (touch wood).

To be honest, if I really liked a car I would buy it regardless of what badge it had. I've said this before but I've never owned what I suppose most of you would call high end manufacter car ie Audi, BMW (apart from a Mini), did own a VW Polo once, etc. Its not down to money, although the ones that I DO like, I can't afford, but on the whole I find them a bit samey, samey. I don't wish to offend anyone who has owned any of these makes, its just my thoughts. I wouldn't be put off buying a Hyundai, as Jactac says, you get good and bad with all makes, manufacturers. I nearly bought one before but opted for a convertible instead. Speed and bhp don't really interest me and the RCZ is the quickest car that I have OWNED. I've driven plenty of fast cars in my time (husbands, sisters, etc) but they weren't mine. I'm quite happy tootling along, as long as I'm driving a car, which I feel is a nice looking car. I don't really care what anyone else things, if they agree or not. After all, I'm an Aquarian and we do like to be different. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I would buy a insignia VXR in a new york minute,I would have a Focus RS/Megane 250 RS in the same time factor Any other car from these manufacturers no chance as for the korean car i forget the manufacturer of the veloster never mind:( its hologamation of a lot european of cars no individuality and faceless and in my personal opinion and will soon be forgotten pretty soon and in 3 years time worth very little indeed.never would you get a discount on a new European car model in its first 6 months of production but i have read you get a discount on this veloster straight away.

The buyer's of korean coupe's/hot hatchback obviously dont bother with residuals or build quality...........Fools run were angel's fear to tread :lol: :lol:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Your obsessed with speed jassy, full stop. And its not all about money. Why worry what the car will or won't be worth in 3 years time. If YOU enjoy it then that's all that matters. Life's too short to worry about what ifs, etc. LIve for the moment - I learnt that at a very early age when I lost my father when I was 12. Do what makes YOU happy. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Do what makes YOU happy. :thumbup:

Even if it involves a few glass's of vodka, some jelly beans and a sheep :p
Happy days, and very little cost involved :lol:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
RCZ1 said:
Do what makes YOU happy. :thumbup:

Even if it involves a few glass's of vodka, some jelly beans and a sheep :p
Happy days, and very little cost involved :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: your back :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Your obsessed with speed jassy, full stop. And its not all about money. Why worry what the car will or won't be worth in 3 years time. If YOU enjoy it then that's all that matters. Life's too short to worry about what ifs, etc. LIve for the moment - I learnt that at a very early age when I lost my father when I was 12. Do what makes YOU happy. :thumbup:

Yip obsessed with speed RCZ1 :) Respect :thumbup: AND YOUR CORRECT ABOUT LIFE :thumbup: but i still wouldnt buy a Korean car :lol:

A

Anonymous

Theres something about the front end on Volester that I'm not keen on, but I cant put my finger on it, maybe a bit "cheap" looking.
It's like it looks ok on its own but just does not blend with the rear end.

I've only looked at a yellow demonstrator so we are going back to look at another model in a different colour, for me the colour of a car can totally change the look.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Theres something about the front end on Volester that I'm not keen on, but I cant put my finger on it, maybe a bit "cheap" looking.
It's like it looks ok on its own but just does not blend with the rear end.

I've only looked at a yellow demonstrator so we are going back to look at another model in a different colour, for me the colour of a car can totally change the look.

Them photos on the banter thread are rather nice i think the front is nice ford focus like its the UPWARD FIRING ROOFLINE i really dont like just like the crz 201 bhp is nice aswell :thumbup: and the grey matt paint :thumbup:but on serious note a really good deal/price/car exchange would be needed if i was you mate.I WOULDNT PAY ANYWERE NEAR LIST :thumbup: