What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Feline Pack

FGRob

Reaction score
I'm not saying not to declare it, what I am saying is to declare it correctly it is not a perfomance modification and should not cost £200 + on your policy. :roll:

A

Anonymous

Just got off the phone from my new Insurance provider. Their underwriters have agreed that they will not increase my premium as first stated.

It will be listed on my policy document that it has a modified exhaust.

They have stated if I had not declared this modification it could have complicated a claim.

FGRob

Reaction score
That's good news - I told you that they had got it wrong. I know about modding my other car is pretty much fully loaded and that only costs me an additional £150.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
Correct.

If someone smashes into the back of you and the other persons insurance company questions why they are paying for Quad exhausts when the car is standard from the factory with twin tailpipes. Would they pay up for the exhaust unless it been noted on your policy.

This type of accident is more likely to happen.

Ah that's different but then we are not talking about £27,000 lost as per previous post. Anyway, good news about your policy not going up becasue as Rob stated, it's not a modification per se but merely an aesthetic change, a bit like putting a spare wheel in the RCZ boot (although that's also a useful change as well)!!

A

Anonymous

Oh lala!

I was just reading your posts and have decided to call my inssurance to make sure that i was covered with the quad exhaust system.

So I call my inssurance company ("less than" for not quoting them) and inform them about the feline pack, the advisor make me wait for about 2 mins and get back to me saying that my policy is being cancelled because of the modification to the car!!!!

I asked then to talk to a supervisor which would tell me the same thing. Starting to panic i would then call my dealership to inform him about my problem, and he told me that It should not be like that as it is only a cosmetic modification. they also tols me that if i need, i could give their number to my inssurance company in order to prove that this would not affect the performances of the car...

then after a series of calls, waiting, and call back they finally re activate my policy, agreeing that it is not something that would increase the power of the car...

anyway now sorted, i can drive the car again!

uffffff what a story

A

Anonymous

Here is a snap (iPhone quality I'm afraid) of the installed quads...

A

Anonymous

next time im at the peugeot dealer I will take a photo of my rcz being prepped in the full feline pack and this black RCZ with the silver mesh grill for everyone

A

Anonymous

Hi tomy90...I would like to see a few snaps of the grille as I have yet to see a decent photo of it from different angles etc. Thanks.

A

Anonymous

Ok I took a photo of the black RCZ with a silver mesh grill but my white feline packed rcz was in the garage at the time being prepped so couldnt get a photograph of it yet.

but here is a photo of it what do you think of it

Attachments

• tmpphpYThC5S.jpg
    tmpphpYThC5S.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 10,152
A

Anonymous

I think black mesh would look better.

I will be using a white RCZ hire car on the 16th-17th May while mine in for a repair. This has the full Feline kit fitted with a black mesh grille.

A

Anonymous

I agree that silver is not that nice

i will try to post mine if its in the car park next time I am down there its a white feline with the black mesh grill

A

Anonymous

race0360 said:
I think black mesh would look better.

I will be using a white RCZ hire car on the 16th-17th May while mine in for a repair. This has the full Feline kit fitted with a black mesh grille.

If you get a chance to take a snap it would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

I managed to get some photos of my white rcz with the feline pack whilst at the dealership I will upload them once ive blacked out the registration number on my car (not collected it yet still need to sort out some things on my side)

correction its done here are the photos of it

Attachments

• rsz_11rczpaint.jpg
    rsz_11rczpaint.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 9,987
  • rsz_rczpaint1.jpg
    rsz_rczpaint1.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 9,987
A

Anonymous

I actually really really like your RCZ...first one I've thought "nicer than my Sharkie"

A

Anonymous

thank you I love it I cannot wait to actually have it just wish I can get it sooner lol (damn insurance and private plates lol)

RCZ1

Reaction score
Now I've been considering the quad exhaust for a couple of months but what's holding me back is the work that has to be done on the car - the cutting etc. I just wonder if I should leave well alone or if it will introduce problems/rattles. Can those of you who have had the quads fitted comment if you have noticed anything untowards since you've had them fitted. It's not a slur on Peugeot but I just want peace of mind ( although I am a bit loathed to let my dealer do it - I would go elsewhere I think - not sure if they have actually fitted one).
Thanks

A

Anonymous

Hi RCZ1...mine was fitted by Peugeot Chile (I would have done it myself but did not want them telling me my warranty was gone!) using the instructions that came in the pack. It was their first and likely only one they will ever fit down here! The cutting required to fit the new pair of pipes is actually a snip to do (if you forgive the pun!!) with the included template. Since they have been fitted the only problem I have had is increased jaw dropping as I drive past! The fitting is actually pretty easy stuff and any half decent mechanic will not have any problems doing it. I actually preferred using the steel mesh (had to be slightly cut down) from the original exhaust (you can see it if you look down the tips) held on by steel jubilee clips (as suggested by fachprofi on this thread - he also attached the photos of his work which I took down to Peugeot here) rather than the heat wrap and plastic cable ties included from Peugeot UK. It looks a much cleaner fit and does exactly the same job.

You should go for it. Pearl will be a happy lass!

A

Anonymous

Must say that the black grill and Quads look great on your white RCZ.

Not to sure about the side strips.

A

Anonymous

rcz1 my quads have been on a while now fitted by perrys and it was their first. have had no probs or rattles just fab looking,
and increases viewers at rear of car. go for it.