What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Feline Pack

A

Anonymous

race you can probably still get the 10% discount voucher on peugeot web site,it may be to include fitting though.

A

Anonymous

Gotta love Peugeot Chile...car left 8am this morning for the quad fitting and now told it will be ready Wednesday afternoon due to workload !!!! I said i would take the car back then and deliver it Wednesday morning but they said they had already cut off the original exhaust! :x There is a lot of counting to 10 over here I can tell you!!! :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

ADVICE REQUIRED PLEASE: Peugeot Chile just called me to say that they would prefer to weld the new pipes rather than use the heat tape to wrap around the "stubs" left by cutting off the old system..to do this they would modify the size of the two connection tubes on the new system. My question is: is this better or should they use the wrap as per the instructions? I have to go in tomorrow to tell them what I prefer. Welding seems to be a better alternative but not sure...any ideas???

A

Anonymous

The exhaust has been designed and tested by Peugeot UK to the extent that is a fully Peugeot approved accessory that is covered by the warranty in the UK. I wouldnt accept someone whos only seen it for 10 minutes and had no input into the design or been party to the testing buggering about with it!

FGRob

Reaction score
The heat wrap is used to protect the crossover pipe and is there for added protection against heat transfer to the bumper. They need to follow the instructions, which, as Marcus said is designed to give a warranty, it sounds like they have done something wrong to me.

Rob.

A

Anonymous

Hi ValleNorte,

I hope you see this in time to direct your Dealer, but under no circumstances let them weld the system.

We spent a lot of time working on this conversion and I will try to explain the basics so that you can have an informed conversation with the Dealer.

Firstly, they need to follow the fitting instructions to the letter, these are very comprehensive and should be easy to follow. The conversion is mounted to the rear of the body, just below the rear crash bar, this is a critical piece of information, as it means that the conversion itself is held rigid, where as the original exhaust system is mounted on rubber hangers, which allow some slight movement. If they weld the pipes, they will restrict the movement of the standard exhaust and introduce noise and vibration to the full system including the conversion, and could result in a fatigue fracture.

This is where the use of the heat wrap comes in. It is actually performing two functions, firstly it reduces the heat transfer between the standard system and the conversion, and it also acts as a buffer to ensure that there is no noise as a result of the standard systems movement against the fixed conversion. The section of heat wrap on the centre transfer pipe is there to ensure no heat soak issues near the reverse / rear fog lamp unit.

Again, I cannot stress enough that they need to fit the conversion exactly as per the instructions to avoid any potential issues later.

If you have any questions regarding the fitting instructions, please don't hesitate to ask me. I will be happy to do what I can to help.

Best regards,

Richard.

A

Anonymous

You can also use the metal mesh of the original endpipes, which has to be cut. I removed the metal mesh from the cutted endpipes and mounted it with hose fittings. Then I cutted a circular cutaway from the feline entry, where the screws of the hose fittings are. I think this is a perfect way, because I was very skeptic due to the fact that the heat destroys the cable straps. I have no problems with heat. It looks perfect and the exhaust has enough possibility to movement.
See the pictures!

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    14.7 KB · Views: 8,268
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    16.9 KB · Views: 8,268
  • 23.JPG
    23.JPG
    19.2 KB · Views: 8,268
A

Anonymous

Guys, a big thanks to all...just got to Peugeot as the hacksaws and welding kit was warming up!!! I showed them fachprofi's pictures (thanks!) and they understood. The initial problem was that the photos in the Peugeot instructions do not show the left side pip as being curved and they were a little stumped by this. Anyway, with Richard's instructions and reasons about not welding and the photos all should now be well and should get car tomorrow morning. Again,thanks guys...you make this a great forum!

A

Anonymous

I would just love the tail pipes but can't justify to myself spending £650 on them. The car is gorgeous and would be enhanced by them.... BUT

A

Anonymous

yes ron see where your coming from. the actual cost is apr £580 with the discount voucher, i know its a lot but i cant imagine
my bee without them now. its the sort of thing you may go for as and when there is some spare funds or the wifes nod.

A

Anonymous

All fitted now. A job well done...finally...by Peugeot Chile...fitting charge about £130 so all in with material cost and freight to Chile about £720. Expensive but it looks very, very cool. The Managing Director of Peugeot Chile asked me where I had them made as he wanted some for his white RCZ!!!! He couldnt believe it was a Peugeot product!!! He said he was going to get some too!! Photos to follow...

A

Anonymous

Do not want to be a kill Joy but has anyone declared this mod to thier Insurance company yet.

Just been on two well known compare sites as my insurance renewal is due 30/04/2011.

Standard quote £326.05 Full no claims, no convictions.

With mod on exhaust £551.00.

Extra £225.00

So with extra insurance, Plus Exhaust and fitting I think I will give this one a miss. Best part of £805.00 with discount to have two extra tail pipes. If it gave me more performance on my 200 RCZ I might consider it but for looks I will still keep the wife in the passenger seat.

A

Anonymous

No change on my insurance as it is not a performance enhancer...

FGRob

Reaction score
race0360 said:
Do not want to be a kill Joy but has anyone declared this mod to thier Insurance company yet.

Just been on two well known compare sites as my insurance renewal is due 30/04/2011.

Standard quote £326.05 Full no claims, no convictions.

With mod on exhaust £551.00.

Extra £225.00

So with extra insurance, Plus Exhaust and fitting I think I will give this one a miss. Best part of £805.00 with discount to have two extra tail pipes. If it gave me more performance on my 200 RCZ I might consider it but for looks I will still keep the wife in the passenger seat.

You need to be careful what you have declare the mod as, effectively it's only a exhaust finisher, the reason I say that is it's attached to the car bumper / chassis and not to the exhaust, in the same way as the existing tips are, so you are replacing the existing tip and adding a further one. I think you need to check again with your insurance company sounds like a bit of a rip off to me. Also it's a Peugeot approved product with a warranty so it can be fitted from new before delivery of the car, so therefore it's not an aftermarket mod. ;)

Rob.

A

Anonymous

When you give the registration to Insurance Company it will give details of what was on that car when it left the factory.

Anything added to that afterwards is a modification, does not make any difference if it is Peugeot approved or dealer fitted you have altered the appearance or performance of that car.

I will quote what the Insurance underwriter said "the nickability factor has gone up". Two RCZ’s on car park one standard one fully kitted out which one if you where a thief would you steal.

Some Insurance companies might not think it is a big deal but I would hate to loose £27,000 plus in the even of a claim because I did not tell them about it.

The small print on my insurance policy states basically if you have altered the vehicle in any way you must inform them as a claim could be rejected under the heading Non-disclosure.

As I said not being a kill Joy but check with your Insurance Company that this will not affect any claims you may have in the future.

A

Anonymous

So then if the car is stolen just dont mention the exhaust! :lol:

A

Anonymous

Correct.

If someone smashes into the back of you and the other persons insurance company questions why they are paying for Quad exhausts when the car is standard from the factory with twin tailpipes. Would they pay up for the exhaust unless it been noted on your policy.

This type of accident is more likely to happen.