What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

A

Anonymous

So, having gone through the firmware update process just after I picked up the car and after a couple of abortive attempts I finally managed to get it to upgrade correctly......or so I thought :?
The last couple of times i've tried to put new destination postcodes in, either it's sent me to completely the wrong place (was 12 miles out last time! :evil: ) or the complete postcode isn't available from the list it throws up as it narrows down the options.

As neither of these postcodes were in the middle of nowhere, and are both available on my phone satnav I'm assuming it's an NG4 issue???

Has anyone else suffered with wayward addresses and directions?...and should I be looking to re-install the software (again).

If so, does anyone have a genuine copy I could 'borrow'? :roll:

BTD

A

Anonymous

I've updated and have also been sent on a wild goose chase looking for an address close by, since updating everything, I did finally get to the address but the sat nav took me way out, and corrected itself a couple of times during the trip.

Have you tried going to the same address again, just to see if it was a one off issue.

Which version of updates are you on, did you update the maps as well as the NG4 firmware, and where did you get the updates from ?

Even with the latest update you cannot put in a full post code, you still get a list of options to choose from.

A

Anonymous

Cheers Jac

I got the link from Smiler earlier in this thread, which points to gpsunderground for R42.01, though looking at it again, I'm not sure if this ISO only covers the firmware update and not the maps? :? I don't appear to get any traffic warning even though that particular box is ticked in my Nav options.

I did double check the particular offending postcode when I got back home to make sure my fat fingers hadn't keyed it in wrong but it was still sending me in completely the wrong direction. It was only local knowledge that told me it was wrong otherwise I'd have gone on a wild goose chase! :oops:

BTD

A

Anonymous

I know i dont have a rcz with NG4 or RT6 satnav, i have a satnav in my focus i always wanted a built in satnav in my car and finally got one......god it sends me around the block :crazy:l Hate it, really i do, it always sends me the long way,when i input a postcode like i did today it gives you the ECO,FAST,and some other kind of route i cant remember off hand but i chose the fast route and it added at least 10 miles on to my journey :twisted: :twisted: So my point is :eusa-think: its not just the PUG satnav that infuriates ya its the same with a lot of car satnavs :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
I know i dont have a rcz with NG4 or RT6 satnav, i have a satnav in my focus i always wanted a built in satnav in my car and finally got one......god it sends me around the block :crazy:l Hate it, really i do, it always sends me the long way,when i input a postcode like i did today it gives you the ECO,FAST,and some other kind of route i cant remember off hand but i chose the fast route and it added at least 10 miles on to my journey :twisted: :twisted: So my point is :eusa-think: its not just the PUG satnav that infuriates ya its the same with a lot of car satnavs :thumbdown:

From what friends have told me and what I've read, it seems to be all built in sat navs that are a nightmare. But, I really can not understand why!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

photojohn said:
jassyo06 said:

From what friends have told me and what I've read, it seems to be all built in sat navs that are a nightmare. But, I really can not understand why!

I think John its when you pay through the nose for something, you expect it to work as it should but then find it doesnt, when a cheap TOM,TOM does it better apart from the dashboard aesthetic aspect :wtf:

A

Anonymous

A TomTom attached to the digital clock is not unattractive, is cheap to buy and a whole lot cheaper to update than a built in satellite navigation system. The media package comes with a whole array of beneficial extra features that IMO makes it an attractive optional extra, but I'm not averse to using the TomTom for full postcode recognition as the built in one frequently doesn't know towns/villages that have been around since jack was a lad

A

Anonymous

I was more than happy using Google Nav on my Galaxy S3 in the Civic. Never got me lost and always threw up a 'streetview' picture of you reached your destination (just to prove you were in the right place!) :wtf:

A

Anonymous

bobbythedog said:
I was more than happy using Google Nav on my Galaxy S3 in the Civic. Never got me lost and always threw up a 'streetview' picture of you reached your destination (just to prove you were in the right place!) :wtf:
Ditto, until Google revised (downgraded!) the navigation function about a month ago. Lost too many useful functions (e.g. petrol station and parking locations) and made the interface downright awkward to use while driving (e.g. flicking between current location and overall route view to see traffic hotspots ahead.) Shame, I used to love Google navigation.

I bought Sygic for Android, it's everything Google navigation was, function-wise and more (albeit with a different look and feel) and I can recommend looking into it as an alternative both to the free Google nav or standalone TomTom style units.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

A

Anonymous

Give M8 Free SatNav a try on android phones. It's not bad at all but as with all app based navigation your at the whim of signal strength.

A

Anonymous

photojohn said:
Give M8 Free SatNav a try on android phones. It's not bad at all but as with all app based navigation your at the whim of signal strength.

Not all :) Sygic uses TomTom maps under license and it's downloaded to your phone for offline use so you don't need a data signal or a large data plan. Free map updates, speed cameras, poi, 3D buildings where available.

I'm not on commission so I'll stop there :D But it's a very good app based satnav if you want something phone based that works regardless of 3g signal availability.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4

A

Anonymous

i have a garmin but also use sygic on my phone sometimes and cant fault it, on my galaxy note the detail is fantastic, lane assist and all the usual features.
The installation file is only 5.9Mb and its the full package with world maps availible, didnt cost me a penny ;) if anyone want to try it out just let me know, there must be a way of sending the Apk file over the interweb via electronical mail :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

That does sound good! I'll have a look for it when I get home. Cheers :thumbup: :cool:

frankvdb

Reaction score
I use the tomtom 1.1.1 apk on my Android sgs3 and recommend that.
Maps for whole Europe in less than 4 GB.
You really want to have maps on the phone abroad to avoid cost of roaming mobile data.

A

Anonymous

bobbythedog said:
If so, does anyone have a genuine copy I could 'borrow'? :roll:

BTD

Jim,
Keep a check on you letter box over the next few days ;)

A

Anonymous

photojohn said:
jassyo06 said:

because built in nav are designed pretty much designed when the car is, in the case of an RCZ its 308 technology the nav unit is potentially 6 years old !

RCZ1

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I've had to use my Sat Nav quite a lot over the last few months (good job I paid the extra for it really - RT6) and I've not had any issues with it. It's taken me straight to where I needed to be unlike my sisters, which went into melt down when we both had to meet at a location neither of us had been to before. I had to direct her over the phone using my Sat Nav to guide her. Been its weight in gold TBH :)