What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

A

Anonymous

I opened the pkg files with notepad and in both files only 2 disks are set.
When i insert disc 1 or disc 2 the system keeps asking for disc 3/2??

# Define the media set
[set]
type=daisychain # Package chain
current_disk=1 # i'm on disk 1
overall_disks=2 # there are 2 disks overall
next_package=PSA_ECE_Q4_2013_PKG_EU_11.0.1_2 # this is the name of the next package.
# if it's not found in the available package list, request next disc.
# if "next_package" is empty, this is the last package

frankvdb

Reaction score
I've never had to abort an upgrade, but I remember having read that disconnecting the battery will do that.
If not you'll have to ask your dealer.
I've had the software on my NG4 upgraded free of charge as part of a regular service by Velthuis in Heijen, which reminds me I'll have to ask them again this time around. I upgrade the maps myself.
The car will be 5 years old on April 1 which I'm sure makes it the oldest on this site!
Haven't had major issues with the NG4 so far (touching unfinished wood).

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
I think so; you will have one pkgdb folder containing the .pkg that I shared above and all folders contained in the pkgdb folders of both DVD's (so DTM_ECE_1_0_1 to XAC_ECE2_11_0_0).

Good luck!

Thanks again.
I tried to download the file you shared but i need permission, can you give me permission?
Thanks!

A

Anonymous

Thanks to frank i could merge the 2 discs and succesfully updated the maps. :dance: :dance:
Now driving with the last firmware and maps, hope the firmware update fixes the folding display issue.

A

Anonymous

GPS Underground is down, there is another place where I can download the new firmware?

frankvdb

Reaction score
hubcaps said:
Blimey. I'll stick with the Tom Tom app on my iPhone!

Duh. The tomtom app and maps on the iPhone also requires updating every now and then.
To me and many others the integrated solution is the most aesthetically pleasing.
Also I find operating touchscreens while driving impossible.
The ideal place for the control would be between the seats (where the spoiler control is) but the control on the unit is the second best solution.

hubcaps

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
hubcaps said:
Blimey. I'll stick with the Tom Tom app on my iPhone!

Duh. The tomtom app and maps on the iPhone also requires updating every now and then.
To me and many others the integrated solution is the most aesthetically pleasing.
Also I find operating touchscreens while driving impossible.
The ideal place for the control would be between the seats (where the spoiler control is) but the control on the unit is the second best solution.

I've had integrated systems before and like them or hate them you are stuck with them. Not cheap either. With my iPhone 6+ (with a proper bespoke Brodit mount) I can chop and change various nav systems until I find one I like.

A

Anonymous

Hi

I was just wondering if these disks which cost pennies from the dealer solve the 5 digit post code issue?

Cheers
Chris

tianorth

Reaction score
On the rt6 system there are 2 parts to the 7 digit postcodes.

1st is firmware update, this is usually the first step as usually the cheapest. (If you have a compatible map version).

2nd is map update. (This updates the base program of the sat nav.).

Has anyone got the NG4 system with 7 digit postcodes?
Can you state which firmware and map versions you have?

A

Anonymous

well i'm certainly hoping i can get 7 digit postcodes on the NG4

currently im running ng4_D_R26b_R26.04

A

Anonymous

Anybody able to share any download links for this if they have it?

A

Anonymous

Hi DKZ, the links there are for the RT6 system unfortunately, however think I have found the correct ones for the firmware and maps in the NG4, just gotta wait 9 hours to download....

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The maps and speedcams links are for threads headed NG4, and having recently updated my RT6 I can see that the files available for download are different to the ones I have recently downloaded,.

The firmware link is for version 50.03 which must also be NG4 as the RT6 latest firmware is version 2.86

A

Anonymous

hi Gedget,

News with regards to what? Are you looking for the latest maps?

A

Anonymous

Yes, I'm looking for the latest maps & firmware foe my original NG4 WipNav 3D :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk