What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

tianorth

Reaction score
Sounds like it's getting hot and shutting down from heat.

Is your heating on?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

No never really have the heater fans going to be honest mainly rely on the heated seats, just thinking as well it has only started to do this after the update, played cds fine beforehand

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I would try the update disc again, but it probably won't actually do anything as it will detect it is not a newer version.

If that is the case, I would have a trip to the dealer that supplied the disc, and explain what is happening afte the update. I have a feeling however that they will want some of your hard earned to sort it out. It might be the only real option you have.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the responses, I have tried three times to reinstall the disc all saying successfully installed updates. Went for a journey yesterday and tried a couple of different cds (haven't used the CD player for a month or so) and it played them absolutely fine. I struggle to believe that three cds won't work in it but it's playing now so happy days.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
:thumbup: happy days, fingers crossed no future issues :eusa-shhh:

frankvdb

Reaction score

RCZ-R

Reaction score
oxime.industries said:
Hello, does the latest update for NG4 fixes the iphone music issue?

42.01c was and is the latest SW update for the NG4 system. Since then no updates have been published and no new ones will be published in future. System is discontinued.
It doesnt stream music via bluetooth. Not on the iPhone, not on the Android.

Rob8781

Reaction score
So I've been looking on GPS underground for the latest official firmware and map package. Not really interested in the unofficial maps and potentially losing some functions.

Anyway I find the site quite messy & unclear so thinking about buying the package on ebay: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/253949232683

Anybody have any other ideas instead of downloading a dodgey torrent?

Thanks

Iainbor

Reaction score
Hi All, I have downloaded the latest firmware (N42c) the map files and hazards file. I have updated the firmware, but am very wary on trying the maps because my headunit will often reset and power back up anywhere between 30 mins to an hour into a journey and if that happens during the map update I think I could corrupt the unit.

Did i read somewhere in this thread that the firmware might fix this issue or is likely to be hardware and I just have to live with old maps as too risky to update.

Any other tips to avoid the reset - it isn't too much of an issue (except it loses the satnav destination) but it would be good to get the map update in and be able to use a full UK postcode.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Iain...