What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

A

Anonymous

And apart from that they will be charging you an hours labour as opposed to the 4p for the disc

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
And apart from that they will be charging you an hours labour as opposed to the 4p for the disc

I hadn't thought of that. Ouch that is out of order for something as simple and straight foward as the update is :(

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
At least they are going to get it for you, my Dealer still denies it's existence. There Parts Dept know nothing about it even after giving them the Part Number.
At least if they do it and it hangs or something goes wrong they will be able to sort and no hassle on your part having to disconnect battery / remove fuses.
It is just another example of Dealerships not being fully up to date with the products they sell.

You could order them via phone and debate card from any dealer I would imagine, even Rons.
Ron over to you :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Grantp said:
At least they are going to get it for you, my Dealer still denies it's existence. There Parts Dept know nothing about it even after giving them the Part Number.
At least if they do it and it hangs or something goes wrong they will be able to sort and no hassle on your part having to disconnect battery / remove fuses.
It is just another example of Dealerships not being fully up to date with the products they sell.

You could order them via phone and debate card from any dealer I would imagine, even Rons.
Ron over to you :eusa-think:
They also travel via Royal Mail. As once uploaded into your cars system, they are of no future use to you. A cost of a postage stamp can move these discs from one end of the country and back again :eusa-shhh:

Davie

Reaction score
Thanks for posting instructions for NG4 3D update.
Works great have ,tried for two years with Peugeot for updates.
Im now running N42b,and speed cameras are now correct,
Thanks again for taking the time to post instructions
Davie.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
OO58RON said:

I hadn't thought of that. Ouch that is out of order for something as simple and straight foward as the update is :(

Oh no! I made it quite clear this was under warranty if they were doing it - cars 11 months old :dance:

A

Anonymous

Davie said:
Thanks for posting instructions for NG4 3D update.
Works great have ,tried for two years with Peugeot for updates.
Im now running N42b,and speed cameras are now correct,
Thanks again for taking the time to post instructions
Davie.

I did the firmware update a few weeks back. No speed camera warnings for me :eusa-shhh: I'm puzzled. I know I do not have the latest map version, but didn't think it would be linked to this? I don't want to spend my money on map updates if this is only way to get it, so I will have to manage without I suppose :(

A

Anonymous

The firmware update is, I believe separate to actual speed camera installment.
I stand to be corrected but I think it's as follows.

Firmware update is to update the systems firmware, to solve gliches are software issues ect.
Map updates: To update maps
Camera updates : To update camera locations (POI) .
You would still need to have Camera locations (POI) already installed.

So if you just did a firmware update, all you have done is update your systems background firmware. It does not add speed cameras. At least I don't think it does :eusa-think:

In fact I have just updated my own *firmware today, but the maps and speed cameras are still to be updated tomorrow, with *separate software.
*(Gratitude's to a top fella) :thumbup: :beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
The firmware update is, I believe separate to actual speed camera installment.
I stand to be corrected but I think it's as follows.

Firmware update is to update the systems firmware, to solve gliches are software issues.
Map updates: To update maps
Camera updates : To update camera locations .
You would still need to have Camera locations (POI) already installed.

So if you just did a firmware update, all you have done is update your systems background firmware. It does not add speed cameras. At least I don't think it does :eusa-think:

This makes sense. At least the screen no longer opens twice every time I get in!

Where might I get the camera POI from and is it expensive? Does anybody know?

A

Anonymous

Scrap that lazy question could have searched myself. Is this what I need? Assume compatible with UK cars and therefore has UK locations from what I can see. Does anybody know if you need the latest maps loaded as mine have never been updated? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 11,300
A

Anonymous

That is to receive monthly updates. You do need to have uploaded them onto your system in the first place, in order to be able to update them.

If you haven't uploaded them then by using the very same system as you did to obtain the firmware disc, you could acquire the mapping which has the camera locations disc as a part of the package. Then if you so choose you can purchase the monthly updates which get sent via Email to upload.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
That is to receive monthly updates. You do need to have uploaded them onto your system in the first place, in order to be able to update them.

If you haven't uploaded them then by using the very same system as you did to obtain the firmware disc, you could acquire the mapping which has the camera locations disc as a part of the package. Then if you so choose you can purchase the monthly updates which get sent via Email to upload.

Ahh! Just bought it! I thought this was the only way of getting them on as they don't come loaded from the factory? Will give it a whirl tomorrow anyway and see if it works :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

WIP Com 3D Peugeot Alert Zone March 2013

This update procedure allows you to localise 24,490 sets of Peugeot Alert Zone POI coordinates in Europe (15 countries including France, refer to the list in the detailed description).

In compliance with the new regulations, the data that is available for France ensures that you are alerted when you enter a danger zone.

Please note: if your navigation system contains the coordinates for fixed speed cameras in France, these coordinates will be replaced by the danger zones after installation of this file.
£ 6.99
Add to Basket

WIP Com 3D Peugeot Alert Zone 12 Month Subscription

Peugeot's Alert Zone database is updated each month: this subscription entitles you to 12 downloads during the period of one year. You receive an email informing you of the availability of each new update. The database covers 15 countries in Europe (please refer to the list in the detailed description).

In compliance with the new regulations, the data that is available for France ensures that you are alerted when you enter a danger zone.

Please note: if your navigation system contains the coordinates for permanent radar (speed) traps in France, these coordinates will be replaced by the danger zones after installation of this file.
£ 26.99

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
OO58RON said:

Ahh! Just bought it! I thought this was the only way of getting them on as they don't come loaded from the factory? Will give it a whirl tomorrow anyway and see if it works :eusa-think:

Looking again at what you have purchased. I believe that you will be Ok, as that seems to be the one that will give you all of the camera locations to start of with.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
dand87 said:
OO58RON said:

Looking again at what you have purchased. I believe that you will be Ok, as that seems to be the one that will give you all of the camera locations to start of with.

Hopefully. Will report back. Thanks :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
one new feature that I have noticed following the uploading of this update is that now you get a speed camera warning even if you have not set a route on the sat nav and the road speed alert is the correct one! Not too sure if this feature will become annoying to those doing a regular route that is littered with these money making pieces of equipment. As I don't have any at all in my county. :thumbup:

Ron,
I always had the speed camera warning, even if no route was set on the sat nav, I think the sat nav is always "live", so if you have speed camera installed as a POI, then you will get the alert whether a route is selected or not.

As you know I'm about to update the maps and cameras.
I have noticed though that after the NG4 firmware update (yesterday) the road speed alert is still out by 5mph, so that update did'nt seem to alter anything noticeable :eusa-think:

I'm wondering if the map & camera update will correct the speed :?:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I have noticed though that after the NG4 firmware update (yesterday) the road speed alert is still out by 5mph, so that update did'nt seem to alter anything noticeable :eusa-think:

My speed alert is still out by 5mph after doing the update this is what I am running software wise at the moment

Software Version - ng4_D_N42b_N42.01
Map Versions - DB Europe 2012-2013 Edition 1.1
EU Radars 2013-02-01

I would be interested to know if the March Radar update sorts this problem

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
jactac said:

My speed alert is still out by 5mph after doing the update this is what I am running software wise at the moment

Software Version - ng4_D_N42b_N42.01
Map Versions - DB Europe 2012-2013 Edition 1.1
EU Radars 2013-02-01

I would be interested to know if the March Radar update sorts this problem
Oh Grant you are now out of date :lol: I uploaded the march database last night :roll: Cars not moved since though :lol: Seriously though, my camera readings were corrected by N32. N42 put it correct when not viewing the sat nav screen as well. So I'm somewhat puzzled as to why we are getting different results. On the bright side when your new baby is delivered it'll be a whole different ball game. RT6 is it?