What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I have to be honest, I've had to use my Sat Nav quite a lot over the last few months (good job I paid the extra for it really - RT6) and I've not had any issues with it.

Same here, I even used my older Navigon mobile nav (which is VERY good) in parallel and the suggested routes were almost identical.

I guess it's only the older NG4 which is lacking a bit...

A

Anonymous

I've had my gripes about media functionality on the RT6 but the SatNav function has never let me down, IMHO it is a better SatNav than the NG4 if for no other reason than I like the screen display better.

A

Anonymous

Crazy thing is that my 9 year old Jag S had a full postcode search via Navtec....plus Europe and agree that many business don't provide street named addresses
photojohn said:
jassyo06 said:
I know i dont have a rcz with NG4 or RT6 satnav, i have a satnav in my focus i always wanted a built in satnav in my car and finally got one......god it sends me around the block :crazy:l Hate it, really i do, it always sends me the long way,when i input a postcode like i did today it gives you the ECO,FAST,and some other kind of route i cant remember off hand but i chose the fast route and it added at least 10 miles on to my journey :twisted: :twisted: So my point is :eusa-think: its not just the PUG satnav that infuriates ya its the same with a lot of car satnavs :thumbdown:

From what friends have told me and what I've read, it seems to be all built in sat navs that are a nightmare. But, I really can not understand why!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
:?

A

Anonymous

Anyone noticing restarts of the NG4 when using AUX + Navigation at the same time?

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Grantp said:
Hi Chuzzbutt & OO58RON,

What changes has the firmware made, anything significant? My dealer says he knows nothing about it he has spoken to the Parts Dept and they also know nothing. I am going to give him the Part Number tomorrow but as I have ordered new car wondering if giving him hassle is worth it?
Not sure as mine only arrived in the post today and I have not used it yet.
CD 9679221680 FOR NAVI DRIVE 3D / WIP COM 3D
Software CD - SW N42b (42.01)
is what is printed on the CD case.

Hi OO58RON, Any chance you can stick the SW on dropbox or Google drive and link me ? [email protected]

thx
John

A

Anonymous

johnnyd said:
OO58RON said:
Grantp said:
Hi Chuzzbutt & OO58RON,

What changes has the firmware made, anything significant? My dealer says he knows nothing about it he has spoken to the Parts Dept and they also know nothing. I am going to give him the Part Number tomorrow but as I have ordered new car wondering if giving him hassle is worth it?
Not sure as mine only arrived in the post today and I have not used it yet.
CD 9679221680 FOR NAVI DRIVE 3D / WIP COM 3D
Software CD - SW N42b (42.01)
is what is printed on the CD case.

Hi OO58RON, Any chance you can stick the SW on dropbox or Google drive and link me ? [email protected]

thx
John

Sorry. I do not know what any of that means. However my disc has been passed around forum members and I'm confident that the current holder of it will be in contact with you. The disc is FREE and should be available from your dealership.

A

Anonymous

Have already sent John a pm Ron
;-)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys

Thanks for all your help.

Can you help further, with my confusion?

I have a NG4 unit that I have updated to the firmware version N42B

When I rented a Peugeot 5008 last winter, I am sure it was the same system, at least as far as I can recall. At that time we could stream music from our phones through the unit.

I cannot find anyway to do this with the updated NG4 unit, though other functions seem to work well

Is there the possibility to do this with a NG4?

BR
John

A

Anonymous

No you can't stream music via the ng4/phone. USB, sd card or load then onto the hard drive.

A

Anonymous

Firmware N42C (42.03) now available with the 2014-2 map update.

I presume this is just bug-fixes owing to the very small bump in minor version number and must say I've not noticed any difference in using it since I installed it this morning. :eusa-think:

Opal white

Reaction score
lufcfan said:
Firmware N42C (42.03) now available with the 2014-2 map update.

I presume this is just bug-fixes owing to the very small bump in minor version number and must say I've not noticed any difference in using it since I installed it this morning. :eusa-think:

Would like to update my NG4 firmware, is the new update available on-line or is it a purchase from Peugeot?

My NG4 system actually crashed last week, the first time anything like this has ever happened. The full system reset to factory/default settings including French language . . . . Strange.

Date, time, radio stations reprogrammed OK (music files on harddrive still intact) but struggling to reconnect bluetooth mobile, anybody else had this problem?

A

Anonymous

No Problem - Instructions should be on the site - Just make sure you install the firmware before the maps

1. Download Files
2. Extract using WinRAR
3. Transfer to Portable Media - DVD, USB, SD Card etc
4. Upload to vehicle

Speed camera alerts will not update automatically but will have to be done manually through the add POI option (make sure you add the maps before the speed cam alerts)

Files are fairly large for Maps (6.7 GB each), so will take a while to download - also make sure its all done separately I.e don't put everything on one DVD, SD card, USB.

Opal white

Reaction score
RCZ_123 said:
No Problem - Instructions should be on the site - Just make sure you install the firmware before the maps

1. Download Files
2. Extract using WinRAR
3. Transfer to Portable Media - DVD, USB, SD Card etc
4. Upload to vehicle

Speed camera alerts will not update automatically but will have to be done manually through the add POI option (make sure you add the maps before the speed cam alerts)

Files are fairly large for Maps (6.7 GB each), so will take a while to download - also make sure its all done separately I.e don't put everything on one DVD, SD card, USB.

A big thanks once again, your instructions have clarified a few issues :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Ok guys, i've a little problem.
- I first updated the firmware succesfully
- updated the maps disc1 via SDcard
- another SDcard with disc 2 and the updated stopped at 98% with i/o error

Now the system is asking for disc 3/2 and doesnt't accept SDcard with disc 1 or SDcard with disc2 :crazy:

Removed the fuse for a while but system keeps asking for disc......
Anny suggestions??

frankvdb

Reaction score
Did you edit the package index file?
This file has the extension .pkg and contains information like number of disks etc.
I always merge the 2 disks onto 1 SD card and then edit the .pkg to list the contents of both disks.
This way it installs in one run.
From what you write it looks as if one of the .pkg files you used has some wrong information.

Hope this helps

BTW I can share the merged .pkg file I used but you need to check whether it is for the same map version that you have.

A

Anonymous

frankvdb said:
Did you edit the package index file?
This file has the extension .pkg and contains information like number of disks etc.
I always merge the 2 disks onto 1 SD card and then edit the .pkg to list the contents of both disks.
This way it installs in one run.
From what you write it looks as if one of the .pkg files you used has some wrong information.

Hope this helps

BTW I can share the merged .pkg file I used but you need to check whether it is for the same map version that you have.

Thanks a lot Frank!!! I'll give it a try and hope this works.

Both images contain the following files and folders:
- folder PKGDB with subfolders and the pkg file, pkg file will be replaced with your version and files from both images merged in PKGDB folder
- file config.nfm, they are identical on both images, i'll keep one file
- file PSA_ECE_Q4_2013_11.0.1_DVD1 and file PSA_ECE_Q4_2013_11.0.1_DVD2, both copied to rooth folder

Is this correct??
Thanks again!

frankvdb

Reaction score
I think so; you will have one pkgdb folder containing the .pkg that I shared above and all folders contained in the pkgdb folders of both DVD's (so DTM_ECE_1_0_1 to XAC_ECE2_11_0_0).

Good luck!