What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Grantp said:
jactac said:
As you know I'm about to update the maps and cameras.
I have noticed though that after the NG4 firmware update (yesterday) the road speed alert is still out by 5mph, so that update did'nt seem to alter anything noticeable :eusa-think:

I'm wondering if the map & camera update will correct the speed :?:

My speed alert is still out by 5mph after doing the update this is what I am running software wise at the moment

Software Version - ng4_D_N42b_N42.01
Map Versions - DB Europe 2012-2013 Edition 1.1
EU Radars 2013-02-01

I would be interested to know if the March Radar update sorts this problem
Oh Grant you are now out of date :lol: I uploaded the march database last night :roll: Cars not moved since though :lol: Seriously though, my camera readings were corrected by N32. N42 put it correct when not viewing the sat nav screen as well. So I'm somewhat puzzled as to why we are getting different results. On the bright side when your new baby is delivered it'll be a whole different ball game. RT6 is it?

Did the March one this morning and tested. Never had them loaded before and pleased to say all works and speed is correct. I am running the n42 firmware which I updated just before loading these.

A

Anonymous

As you say Ron RT6 in new car so I'll see what that does. I'd just like what I have to be correct, not sure why mine still reports 5mph out. Even on N32 I got the speed checks come up while not in SatNav mode. The only real difference i've seen with N42 is screen opens and stays open rather than closing and opening again when first starting up.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
As you say Ron RT6 in new car so I'll see what that does. I'd just like what I have to be correct, not sure why mine still reports 5mph out. Even on N32 I got the speed checks come up while not in SatNav mode. The only real difference i've seen with N42 is screen opens and stays open rather than closing and opening again when first starting up.
Yes. I might be misleading you here a little. It occurred to me earlier on today, that as I do not pass any speed cameras in my normal commute or local travelling, then I wouldn't have known whether or not it warned of a camera when not in Sat Nav mode. If I am away from my Local then I am most likely to have the sat nav set so maybe I too would have been warned when it wasn't set too, but I just didn't find out.

But mine works properly and yours doesn't.................. WHY???????????

A

Anonymous

Right then gents, can I try to clarify things.

I have now completed all updates, firmware, maps and cameras. ( :beer: Ron)
Before any updates I had 2011 UK maps with Uk speed camera's (showing as 5mph incorrect) and speed camera alerts giving a warning with or without a destination input.

Yesterday I did the R42.01 firmware update , not sure what this has done as nothing looked obvious whilst driving around .
I did notice that the screen only open up once as opposed to the up/down/up that sometimes used to happen.

However I still had the incorrect speed alert after this update

So today I installed the Europe 2012-2013 Navteq maps & alerts update. Then took the car out past as many cameras as I could find, and as I hoped the speed alerts were now corrected. So maybe it's the updated alerts that correct the speed and not the NG4 firmware update.

If you think about it, why would the NG4 firmware update need to have anything to do with the speed alerts when some owners may not have speed camera alerts installed in the first place but still have the NG4 system.
I'm thinking perhaps the NG4 update has no impact on the maps,speed cameras, alerts ect, and that it is more for background running of the NG4 itself and that getting the speed to show as correct is all to do with having your maps & more importantly the alerts updated.

But it's still worth updating the NG4 firmware to help with other glitches, like the open/close issue.

As for the speed camera alerts they will warn in any mode as the sat nav is always "live", however you can set it not to warn of cameras in the POI settings.

To sum up then.
EVERYTHING now as it should be :dance: :dance: :dance:
:beer: Ron.

A

Anonymous

Hi all !

With this new firmware update there are no more problem in utlizing the SDCH card of 32 GB, tried right today by updating the europe maps within a single Trascend Class 10 Card (merging and putring the files of the DVDs on the root of the card, deleted the two .pkg config files within the pkgdb folder (each one contains a list of the files of the DVD, plus the media information) and replacing them with the single merged file attached to this message.

If you want to look at each config file, just open it with notepad and you'lle the differences.

Ciao and enjoy !

;-)

Gyxx

Attachments

• PSA_ECE_Q4_2011_PKG_EU_8.0.2_1_8.0.2.zip
    690 bytes · Views: 242
A

Anonymous

Hi,

So how much did your dealer quote you, I bet it is a lot less than I have been quoted?

HB

Smiler said:
I've ordered the disc from my dealers
Should be with me soon
The number you need to quote for them to order it is 96 792 216 80
This number was given to me by pm
On the nav forum you mention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Holiday_Bob said:
Hi,

So how much did your dealer quote you, I bet it is a lot less than I have been quoted?

I paid nothing for the disc and the dealer posted to my home :thumbup: I believe it only costs 4p anyway.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. My local dealer had no clue what to charge, he was asking others in his department and came up with £19.99 :thumbdown: . When I told him prices others had paid he said he would have to ask his manager what price to charge and if he was able to sell me a disk.

HB.

OO58RON said:
Holiday_Bob said:
Hi,

I paid nothing for the disc and the dealer posted to my home :thumbup: I believe it only costs 4p anyway.

A

Anonymous

Holiday_Bob said:
Thanks for the reply. My local dealer had no clue what to charge, he was asking others in his department and came up with £19.99 :thumbdown: . When I told him prices others had paid he said he would have to ask his manager what price to charge and if he was able to sell me a disk.

HB.

OO58RON said:
Holiday_Bob said:
Hi,

Why wouldn't he be able to sell you the disc? It is an official Peugeot Part!!! The only reason not to sell it is because like my dealership, they give you the damn thing :clap:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Right then gents, can I try to clarify things.

I have now completed all updates, firmware, maps and cameras. ( :beer: Ron)
Before any updates I had 2011 UK maps with Uk speed camera's (showing as 5mph incorrect) and speed camera alerts giving a warning with or without a destination input.

Yesterday I did the R42.01 firmware update , not sure what this has done as nothing looked obvious whilst driving around .
I did notice that the screen only open up once as opposed to the up/down/up that sometimes used to happen.

However I still had the incorrect speed alert after this update

So today I installed the Europe 2012-2013 Navteq maps & alerts update. Then took the car out past as many cameras as I could find, and as I hoped the speed alerts were now corrected. So maybe it's the updated alerts that correct the speed and not the NG4 firmware update.

If you think about it, why would the NG4 firmware update need to have anything to do with the speed alerts when some owners may not have speed camera alerts installed in the first place but still have the NG4 system.
I'm thinking perhaps the NG4 update has no impact on the maps,speed cameras, alerts ect, and that it is more for background running of the NG4 itself and that getting the speed to show as correct is all to do with having your maps & more importantly the alerts updated.

But it's still worth updating the NG4 firmware to help with other glitches, like the open/close issue.

As for the speed camera alerts they will warn in any mode as the sat nav is always "live", however you can set it not to warn of cameras in the POI settings.

To sum up then.
EVERYTHING now as it should be :dance: :dance: :dance:
:beer: Ron.

Jactac,

Where did you get the latest maps / alerts update from? Im looking for them but the official 299 euros is kinda expensive for an update.....

Grtz Wouter

A

Anonymous

I think you need the POI update for the speed cameras to work properly there is another thread about this, if you can't find it speak to RON he will let you know exactly what you need.

Opal white GT with type 1 matt stripe.

A

Anonymous

Navteq are the supplier and are based in Apeldoorn in your own country The Netherlands. I believe them to be the only supplier and they do not permit sharing of the data as it states in their communications when you place an order with them. I believe that Navteq are owned by Nokia

A

Anonymous

hum ok, thnx for the info ron...

however i'm not gonna pay that much euro's for a map wich i can buy online from someone for around 15 euro's... including installation done by him...

Figured you could download it from somewhere, but ill just buy it then :) thnx!

A

Anonymous

Question back on topic. for the Firmware update, im currently still on R23.21, do i need to do all the updates between the latest 42.01 and my version or can i do the new firmware straight away?

A

Anonymous

Wouter001 said:
Question back on topic. for the Firmware update, im currently still on R23.21, do i need to do all the updates between the latest 42.01 and my version or can i do the new firmware straight away?
The updates are a complete remapping and therefore you can go straight from R23 to R42.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your continued help Ron.

(donno if thats the correct spelling for "continued" but you get my drift i recon"

A

Anonymous

Hi,

Has anyone got a working link for the new firmware N42, the link in gpsunderground is not working as of Aug 13th, if not where can I download the new software?

Thanks.

HB.

A

Anonymous

Holiday_Bob said:
Hi,

Has anyone got a working link for the new firmware N42, the link in gpsunderground is not working as of Aug 13th, if not where can I download the new software?

Thanks.

HB.

If you was to send a PM to jactac. Your issue could be resolved :eusa-shhh: