What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

NG4 New Firmware R42.01

Smiler

Reaction score
The main things I've noticed are
Speed camera now showing correct speed in radio mode :thumbup:
Date of speed camera file now showing correct :thumbup:

Not noticed any of the other faults/fixes mine seems to run ok

Here is a translation of the release notes

Reboots and untimely cuts NG4 navigation system, which can lead to opening / closing of the multifunction display (EMF)
Navigation system NG4 fixed: multifunction display (EMF) blocked; Keyboard keys not functional
Undervaluation of speed radars for vehicles with unit speed in miles
Details TMC inaccessible
Number of European emergency call (112) is not supported in phone mode bluetooth
Unable to start a phone call from the directory
Realignment of the date and time
Radar speed display erroneous radio for vehicles with unit speed in miles
Restarts and cuts untimely navigation system NG4 3D navigation mode
Opening / closing untimely multifunction display (EMF) at startup

A

Anonymous

Thanks Guys for taking time to respond, I think I will push my dealer for upgrade as the person who buys my current car deserves to have it on, and I'm sure the dealer wont be telling them about it.

A

Anonymous

Grantp said:
Thanks Guys for taking time to respond, I think I will push my dealer for upgrade as the person who buys my current car deserves to have it on, and I'm sure the dealer wont be telling them about it.
Fair play to you squire, I'm sure whoever purchases it will be grateful :smile:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

A

Anonymous

My understanding is that you must have each and every upgrade in sequence. They cost literally pennies so no reason (other than ignorance of the fact they actually exist) for not getting them as they are released. I haven't paid for one yet. I only became aware of this update because of this thread.

So a big thank you keiranm2000 for the information :thumbup: :clap: :beer:

A

Anonymous

I am technophobic and as such am totally incabable of giving you an informed answer, however I do not see why not, as the info arrives on a CD disc in the same way as the map updates. Why not simply get them for pennies from the dealers and spend a good half an hour with your engine running whilst it updates your system?

A

Anonymous

Oh dear
It's all gone wrong. Same problem as I had with the last update of the system. Place disc in CD slot press OK to commence update............... It stars to update and then Freezes and will not eject. So entire media system becomes inoperable. No phone, sat nav or most importantly for me NO MUSIC.

So now awaiting the nice man from my dealership to resolve the problem only thing it does now create the fear factor for when I next want to perform this task

Smiler

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
Oh dear
It's all gone wrong. Same problem as I had with the last update of the system. Place disc in CD slot press OK to commence update............... It stars to update and then Freezes and will not eject. So entire media system becomes inoperable. No phone, sat nav or most importantly for me NO MUSIC.

So now awaiting the nice man from my dealership to resolve the problem only thing it does now create the fear factor for when I next want to perform this task
Very easy to cure , take the lead off the battery ,reconnect
Disc will eject then restart update
Happened to some on another forum think it freezes at 18% ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Smiler said:
OO58RON said:
Oh dear

Very easy to cure , take the lead off the battery ,reconnect
Disc will eject then restart update
Happened to some on another forum think it freezes at 18% ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you so much Smiler.

That has done the trick. Great to listen to Tracy Chapman on my way home from work, anything would have been better to the silence that I had to endure on my way in :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

one new feature that I have noticed following the uploading of this update is that now you get a speed camera warning even if you have not set a route on the sat nav and the road speed alert is the correct one! Not too sure if this feature will become annoying to those doing a regular route that is littered with these money making pieces of equipment. As I don't have any at all in my county. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I have done the upgrade, got the files from the link given above by Smiler (many thanks for the link). The only difference noticed so far is when starting up the screen no longer opens, closes and then opens again as it has done for months now. No speed cameras on the journey i made today but hopefully the speeds will now be correct.

A

Anonymous

Hi all - I'm going to try the update this weekend via USB.

I have the same issue as Grantp - the screen opens then closes then opens upon startup which is annoying, albeit not the end of the world! I'd quite like the speed camera alerts as well!

I'm concerned about it sticking at 18% and then me having to disconnect the battery, as this will reset everything in the car! Did everybody have this problem?

Also, to do the update, do I just stick the USB and go the settings somewhere to find an update button? Does is automatically search for the update on the relevant medium (CD, USB, SD etc) by itself?

Thanks,

Dan.

A

Anonymous

I have not done the update via USB, only via the disc supplied. However I suspect that it will be the same process, which is fully automatic, simply start your engine, plug in and wait for it to finish, then remove and press OK

A

Anonymous

I discovered another issue that the update resolved yesterday. I was unable to EDIT/DELETE phonebook entries via the car. I now can do so since upgrading the system. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Great, thanks Ron - I'll let you know how I get on. Hopefully it goes as smoothly as it has for others!

A

Anonymous

Just trying to download the file now - does anybody know what file format it should be in? So far I have .iso? I have then extracted this and have a folder with loads of files in?

I followed the link from smiler and I honestly have no clue over what file type I should be putting into the RCZ to ask it to update from?

Thanks,

Dan.

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
Just trying to download the file now - does anybody know what file format it should be in? So far I have .iso? I have then extracted this and have a folder with loads of files in?

I followed the link from smiler and I honestly have no clue over what file type I should be putting into the RCZ to ask it to update from?

Thanks,

Dan.
I ain't got a clue, but a simple question............... why not simply use a free CD disc and safe yourself the hassle?

A

Anonymous

This would be much simpler yes! Do you know where I would get one of those from in time for the weekend?

A

Anonymous

dand87 said:
This would be much simpler yes! Do you know where I would get one of those from in time for the weekend?
PM your address and I'll put it in the snail mail tomorrow.