What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dangers in Jacking up RCZ

A

Anonymous

Last weekend when I jacked my RCZ i did it with a 2000kg trolleyjack. I got my front-left jackingpoint bended last autumn. Now I jacked in front about 10cm inside of those "jacking-points" and it was successfull :beer: It is actually the same piece of metal that continues to the small jacking-point. For safety I also used a rubber-piece between jack and car. In the rear i dare to use the original jacking-points cause they are wider than in front and therefore stronger.

A

Anonymous

Hi there fellow motorists

Having my first RCZ and at present still amazed as to the overall finish but alas am feeling very miffed only to discover that the two front jack points badly damaged underneath .Was supplied with a jack by my Authorised Peugeot dealer and have now discovered that the jack was not for my RCZ. The jack collapsed as the car was being raised on the nearside. I then examined the offside only to find that this also had been damaged. Am awaiting my dealership for their responce.

A

Anonymous

Bates said:
Hi there fellow motorists

Having my first RCZ and at present still amazed as to the overall finish but alas am feeling very miffed only to discover that the two front jack points badly damaged underneath .Was supplied with a jack by my Authorised Peugeot dealer and have now discovered that the jack was not for my RCZ. The jack collapsed as the car was being raised on the nearside. I then examined the offside only to find that this also had been damaged. Am awaiting my dealership for their responce.

The problem is, there is no such thing as a jack for a RCZ. It did not come with a spare wheel of any kind and therefore a jack has not been produced specifically for it. I too was given a jack by Peugeot and I too had the car fall onto the jack. Peugeot UK payed the entire repair bill (circa £500) I have my own solution to this problem now. See this thread if you are interested in what I have done in an attempt to overcome this problem.

http://peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7643

RCZ1

Reaction score
I've just purchased a trolley jack. This weekend will see my first attempt at jacking my car. Hopefully I will do it as well as Abzynthe when he jacked mine up to paint my brake calipers. I am a little apprehensive to say the least.

Any pointers, please shout out now :)

Edit: I do have the reassurance of having Ron's jacking aid :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
I've just purchased a trolley jack. This weekend will see my first attempt at jacking my car. Hopefully I will do it as well as Abzynthe when he jacked mine up to paint my brake calipers. I am a little apprehensive to say the least.

Be gentle, careful and above all don't rush.

RCZ1

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:

You sure, your talking about jacking the car up ;)

Reaction score
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:

With a firm hand & a little effort you should find it rises nicely just how high you want to get it up depends on what you have in mind to do if that helps :eek:

RCZ1

Reaction score
mason5465sharon09 said:
OO58RON said:
RCZ1 said:

With a firm hand & a little effort you should find it rises nicely just how high you want to get it up depends on what you have in mind to do if that helps :eek:

Ooh err ! :)

A

Anonymous

Hi again fellow motorists

Sorry for banging on again ref jacking up points RCZ have just recieved info from peugeot warranty that they do not intend to honour their committment regard to fixing my delema.When the vehicle was purchased I was informed that the vehicle had warranty would someone please enlighten :as to what warranty stands for? Everyone tells me that I damaged my vehicle on purpose when using my jacking up points,with a jack supplied by my dealer.Would it be possible if someone takes a photo of this jack? Also my Sat Nav factory fitted does not work am informed that their is
a new version out,again this is not covered bt warranty.

A

Anonymous

My Peugeot supplied jack caused the same problem as I have previously stated. They replaced it with a different type of which I will put up a picture shortly. Not forgetting that it doesn't sound as though you are communicating with Peugeot UK ,but a third party that is supplying them with an insurance policy (warranty) In my case I was speaking directly with Peugeot UK.

A

Anonymous

That jack looks the business Ron, its got the right interface for the RCZ jack points. Have you used it in anger or are you still too nervous??
This problem is never going to go away :-(

A

Anonymous

jave22 said:
That jack looks the business Ron, its got the right interface for the RCZ jack points. Have you used it in anger or are you still too nervous??
This problem is never going to go away :-(

It has never, nor will it ever be used. I carry my trolley jack and jacking aid for emergencies and RAC membership for all other occasions that a wheel needs changing. Never ever before have I worried about changing a damn car wheel. It is pathetic that Peugeot have created this fear, but my jacking points have been straightened far too many times now. How many times can you bend and straighten metal before fatigue causes it to fail?

Reaction score
Hi Ron, I have jacked my car with my new jack from Peugeot & all went well, we were very cautious & careful & Brian did put an axle stand underneath for support. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

That Jack pictured looks unlike the one on ebay (from a Peugeot dealer) in that it's not a scissor type and every other Peugeot on there seems to have the same type of lifting device. I've read all the horror stories on this subject so thought I'd try the jack from my Citroen berlingo van (same a Peugeot partner) on my RCZ. This is a scissor type jack and worked ok, although I cleared the wheel off the ground I didn't keep it there long.
This is the ebay one, same as my van's jack

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-and ... 5661ef3ee5

A

Anonymous

thackers said:
That Jack pictured looks unlike the one on ebay (from a Peugeot dealer) in that it's not a scissor type and every other Peugeot on there seems to have the same type of lifting device. I've read all the horror stories on this subject so thought I'd try the jack from my Citroen berlingo van (same a Peugeot partner) on my RCZ. This is a scissor type jack and worked ok, although I cleared the wheel off the ground I didn't keep it there long.
This is the ebay one, same as my van's jack

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New-and ... 5661ef3ee5

This is the jack that I was originally supplied with, that caused all the damage. The replacement appears to be more suitable as it appears to me that the jacking point will sit within the groove rather than on top of it. However I am not prepared to risk it.

A

Anonymous

Ahh, I see. So is your 2nd jack (not trolley) like the ones in the link?
Also is your jack aid only for a trolley type jack? I'd still like one even though I don't have a trolley, so I'm prepared if I have to have a tyre changed at a garage :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

thackers said:
Ahh, I see. So is your 2nd jack (not trolley) like the ones in the link?
Also is your jack aid only for a trolley type jack? I'd still like one even though I don't have a trolley, so I'm prepared if I have to have a tyre changed at a garage :thumbup:
To clarify, the first jack supplied by Pug UK, is like the one in the link. Following the damage, they then replaced it with the one in my photos in this thread. However I have never used it, preferring my trolley jack and purpose made jacking pad.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk