What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dangers in Jacking up RCZ

A

Anonymous

Good shout jactac, however I would urge people with jack point issues to contact Peugeot customer services directly and explain the issue. As I said before when I spoke to them their engineers in France are aware of the comments in this forum but have done nothing about it, obviously they either don't think it's a problem or they are ignoring it.

Customer Relations
Peugeot Motor Company PLC
Pinley House
2 Sunbeam Way
Coventry
West Midlands
CV3 1ND

Regards

John

A

Anonymous

Yep , totally agree Jave,
The more we shout then maybe something will be done. :eusa-think:

But in all honesty, I wouldnt hold your breath whilst waiting for any action from Peugeot. :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow: :sleeping-yellow:
You only have to look at other issues that have not been dealt with :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Just seen this thread due to having been absent from the forum for a while.

Last September I ordered a jack and wheel wrench etc.. as I was taking the car on holiday to the South of France for a 2500+ mile trip. I was changing my front wheels as one had a slow puncture.

Delivery of the jack was delayed and with the clock ticking, I decided to swap the wheel using my trolley jack. The sill just crumpled. I actually thought I was at fault having not seen this thread.

I haven't fixed the sill and with the car being traded in tomorrow, it's no longer my problem. I will be extra careful with my new RCZ, but if this happens again, Peugeot will be getting hounded until they fix it.

A

Anonymous

I jacked up my car with a trolley jack when first purchased to paint the brake calipers red, no problems at all. I have done it twice since without any problems. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

I often take off all four wheels to give them a deep clean, and I always use a trolly jack :eusa-think:

POSITIONING OF THE JACK IS THE KEY :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Can any of you guys take some pictures of the jack you are using and how to position it correctly under the car? It might sound pedantic but I an so nervous about jacking up the car consider my previous experience.
Regards
John :)

A

Anonymous

jave22 said:
Can any of you guys take some pictures of the jack you are using and how to position it correctly under the car? It might sound pedantic but I an so nervous about jacking up the car consider my previous experience.
Regards
John :)

Join the club. I have spent a small fortune in order that I can take my wheels of to clean them or simply put on the spare. But my jacking points have been bent so many times that I simply dare not go near them :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Sorry to hear that whitepearl :-( What happened to cause this? Was it a 'simple' tyre repair / replacement?

A

Anonymous

Yep, I wasn't aware of this "risk" and just went for a wheelchange as usual with my trolleyjack. 3 wheels went well but then on the 4th I heard a "crack" just when the car was lifted up and I looked under the skirt, DAMMIT! Luckily it only bent and did not slip to the side, if it would have I think the damage could have been much worse. I'm a little concerned about next wheelchange coming up after two months...

A

Anonymous

I definitely recommend that you make an similar tool that OO58RON explained earlier if you want to jack up this RCZ saftly! If you have been jacking up without problems you're lucky, cause this is not an factory mistake on just few cars, it is same jackingpoints on all the rcz-cars...

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' all ..on a late one and have just read the threads about these horrendous jacking point issues which from what I've read is possibly down to vehicles being lifted with jacks with unsuitable jacking plates due to the design of the RCZ jacking points.

I see that a few Z' owners have commissioned their own jacking cups designed to sit properly around and on the jacking points thus minimising the risk of the jacking plate connecting with the fragile areas around the Z's jacking points. As an International Forum could we not design and commission our own jacking cups and get them made up and sell them through the Forum. The design itself seems quite simple from the couple that have appeared on the Forum and I can't imagine that they would cost that much to be made in bulk by an engineering firm!

Im sure that a large majority of Z' owners would want to buy one or two so theres a ready market out there and its got to be better that the 'wet arse' moment whenever the Z' has to be jacked up anywhere other that at a Peugeot dealership.

Sponsors ie: "RCZ PERFORMANCE" I hope you're reading this !! :greetings-wavingblue:

.the big blue (wishing to commence a peoples revolution to put an end to this blight AND let Peugeot know that such a simple fix could have been instigated by them as a cheaper alternative to a retrospective redesign AND recall of I guess all Z's worldwide ,,which is probably why they're in such denial !

SORRY IF I HAVE BORED ANYONE :oops:

A

Anonymous

I can easily get them produced if there was any interest. The guy that did mine has asked me a couple of times if anyone else wants one. He originally suggested knocking out a dozen for me to sell on here. However I decided fellow members with concerns had produced there own and mine was designed to fit my particular jack.

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' OO58RON, you may be on your way to alcohol induced oblivion by now having worked your pants off on your Birthday yesterday for the sum of ,,did u say £30 ..and not meaning literally of course!! :beer:

Yes I would definitely be interested in obtaining a couple, are you able to post a picture of the way it sits on the jack you use so that I can see if it would be suitable for my jack. Hopefully once more people view the post you'll be able to gauge demand as who wouldn't want to avoid that 'wet arse' moment when you wonder ,,did the car move ?? !

.the big blue :twisted: (once I have OO58RON's pictures I'm off to the Copyright Designs & Patens office AND then to test drive the RCZ-R ,,No Hard Feelings OO58RON :lol: )

A

Anonymous

It's cheap and easy to make a suitable device yourself. Just buy a hockey puck, cut two parallel lines using a saw to make the sides of the slot and then chisel out the rubber between the lines. You can also chisel out a larger section in the middle to accomodate the 'bump' in the jacking point.
Takes 30 mins and costs a couple of quid. A lot of people on Detailing World have made/used these things.

I can post up the dimensions of the slot I cut in my one, although I found it easy enough to use one of the jacking points as a guide for this.

A

Anonymous

I'd be interested in one, please let me know when your getting any Ron.

Regards

John

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' mjcuk2000 :greetings-wavingblue:

I'm sure that many will follow your advice and make one themselves, I may also look into it too! However, it would be nice to have an anodised metal one in Dolphin Blue colour inscribed with the RCZ lettering and the name of your Z' or registration number stamped into it and it be contained in a colour coded box !

.the big blue (,,not wanting to give too much away before OO58RON confirms he hasn't already got a Patent or your good self come to think of it!)

A

Anonymous

the big blue said:
Hi' mjcuk2000 :greetings-wavingblue:

I'm sure that many will follow your advice and make one themselves, I may also look into it too! However, it would be nice to have an anodised metal one in Dolphin Blue colour inscribed with the RCZ lettering and the name of your Z' or registration number stamped into it and it be contained in a colour coded box !

.the big blue (,,not wanting to give too much away before OO58RON confirms he hasn't already got a Patent or your good self come to think of it!)
Too late for you Big Blue the ship has already sailed.http://peugeotrczforum.co.uk/viewtopic. ... ing#p58167

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi' OO58RON :clap: ,,,DAMN I should have acted sooner and not divulged my plans to reap the rewards of someone else's good idea until I had got the patent in my hands! Then I could have sought financial backing by putting putting the essential 'must have' RCZ accessory in front of the dragons on Dragons Den.

OO58RON you do know that I would have included your good self on the patent don't ya ?? :police:
Oh well there goes the the funds for an RCZ-R out of the window seeing as my plans are now in tatters ,,much like so many of those unfortunate jacking points I guess!

So where do we go from here, are you going to be taking orders, and if so how what is your patented price??
My jack is old and so I might look into getting one like you have as I guess its got a proven record AND your endorsement.

.the big blue (..the world could have been mine BUT it seems OO58RON is more cunning than a cunning back bencher !) :evil:

A

Anonymous

Sorry for the delay in replying, however the facts are that the factory was repossessed. This was due entirely due to a lack of revenue as the orders failed to materialise. However I did retain the tooling and production could be started but less grandiose premises. As to cost, that would need to be calculated. If I was to receive any requests then, I would dig out an old calculator and press a few guestimate buttons and hopefully a guide price could be obtained.