What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Dangers in Jacking up RCZ

hanswuk

Reaction score
Ron, I would be interested if it could be used with any jack. I rarely (if ever) jack up my car myself but I'd love to be able to go to local tyre fitters armed with the adaptor because at the moment I'm afraid of taking it anywhere other than a Peugeot dealer. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
Ron, I would be interested if it could be used with any jack. I rarely (if ever) jack up my car myself but I'd love to be able to go to local tyre fitters armed with the adaptor because at the moment I'm afraid of taking it anywhere other than a Peugeot dealer. :crazy:
Let me know the diameter of your jack head (so to speak) and I'll look into the figures

the big blue

Reaction score
OO58RON :greetings-wavingblue: ..the more orders that start to come flooding in brings me closer to wanting to go into partnership with you!

..once we've made our millions AND saved many a Z' owner from uncontrollable tears then its a petrol RCZ-R for me and a one off special ,,DIESEL RCZ-R for yourself ,,as I guess regardless of our £££ millions you'll not turn your back on oil burners and their unbelievable MPG that you've become accustomed too!! :eusa-whistle:

.the big blue (,,with even bigger plans (big blue detailing products :wtf: ) ,,so long as OO58RON agrees to a 50/50 partnership) ! :beer:

A

Anonymous

the big blue said:
OO58RON :greetings-wavingblue: ..the more orders that start to come flooding in brings me closer to wanting to go into partnership with you!

..once we've made our millions AND saved many a Z' owner from uncontrollable tears then its a petrol RCZ-R for me and a one off special ,,DIESEL RCZ-R for yourself ,,as I guess regardless of our £££ millions you'll not turn your back on oil burners and their unbelievable MPG that you've become accustomed too!! :eusa-whistle:

.the big blue (,,with even bigger plans (big blue detailing products :wtf: ) ,,so long as OO58RON agrees to a 50/50 partnership) ! :beer:
I already own a 50% share of Detailing Wright. Myself and RCZ1 started that up a while back. So you missed that boat too :lol:

the big blue

Reaction score
OO58RON ,,,I guess thats why you're a Senior Member and I'm a Back Bencher as my ideas are born out of over hearing whispers in the Forum corridors of power where as your mixing it with the cabinet members of the Forum drinking Cockburns Reserve whilst you work out your MPG sat on the comfy leather settees in the Moderators Lounge with RCZ1 discussing plans for global domination of 'Detailing Wright' !! :auto-car:

.the big blue (..i'm only jealous as my 200 THP fuel figures aren't as good as yours AND i have to make do with Harvey's Bristol Cream concealed in a carrier bag whilst sat on the cold and solid wood back benches in the chamber) ! :wink:

A

Anonymous

I have to say lads, I'm a bit baffled why theres so much of a problem jacking the Z up.

Its all in the positioning of the jack :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Yes, it's all about positioning if you KNOW it's all about positioning :cool: otherwise you might put the jack a little bit off-position and ... "Crack!"

A

Anonymous

Interesting reading all of the above. I don't know about the RCZ jacking points other than what I've read but I never use manufacturer jacking points on any car as they are generally designed for emergency jack use only, hence they often have a locating tab for the vehicle jack - far better to jack under the sturdy subframe/major suspension components as mentioned by other users as there is much less chance of doing damage - but of course you need to make sure the car can't slip off the jack if you do this and use axle stands too! Whenever I take my XKR for tyres or anywhere it will be jacked, I specifically ask them to jack it under the subframe and not using the sill points... having read the above, I will be doing the same for the RCZ!

hanswuk

Reaction score
hanswuk said:
Ron, maybe I shouldn't admit this but I don't possess a jack........ I'm just nervous about anyone else eg. tyre fitters jacking it up wrongly!

A

Anonymous

My advice would be, if you are unsure where the best jacking points are along the sill, then use the wishbone for jacking up the front, and the underneath of the rear spring for a rear lift.

These points are ideal for a trolly lift :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

This might be pedantic but can someone provide some pictures or these jacking locations?

Regards

John

A

Anonymous

Of the wishbone and coil spring ?
If so, I have done what you require in the past on another thread regarding jacking up the Z.
Its a fairly common practic to jack up almost any car under the wishbone or the rear spring.

A

Anonymous

I have found what looks like an image of an RCZ underside - http://www.forum-peugeot.com/Forum/stat ... ESSOUS.jpg

Perhaps someone in the know :roll: could paintshop some red circles onto it, Photobucket and post it to this thread to show us all where they jack, using the subframe/suspension? (I've not got mine yet so I don't know if the image includes any styling covers or obstructions which are present on the actual car or I'd do it myself!) :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

You could try these jacking points.
But I'm NOT suggesting that these are the correct places to jack up ANY car :eusa-think:

Attachments

• RCZ VUE DE DESSOUS.jpg
    RCZ VUE DE DESSOUS.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 3,823
A

Anonymous

Good job, thanks! Disappointed the circles are yellow though... :lol: :oops: :mrgreen:

A

Anonymous

Just came from 3rd year service at 33tkm in a Peugeot-service point. Asked if they could bend my wrecked jackingpoint back but they said it was too hard material just to bend back :lol: He said that it's possible to do the job in their "metal-work" area, but not in this annual servicearea. I asked about other jackingpoints under the RCZ, and he said that the sub-frame was good for jacking. He also recommended to use rubber-pads when jacking to avoid slipping :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Peugeot actually make a scissor jack for the RCZ, the part no is given by FGRob at the beginning of this post, tried mine today and it works a treat. I've put some rubber on the top of the contact area to stop marking the jacking point.

A

Anonymous

Mike_V I'm happy this works for you but I understood there is no scissor jack for the RCZ. I would be nervous putting this under my car given my experience. I think the best solution is OO58RON's adaptor for a trolley jack or jactac's alternative points for a similar jack. Take care I don't want to see you on this forum with a jack point failure :-(

A

Anonymous

It was one of those scissor jacks that Peugeot supplied with my spare wheel kit. The resultant damage inflicted upon my beautiful car cost £500 to repair. Peugeot UK paid the bill and replaced the jack with a different model