What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED - fitting pics pg 19

A

Anonymous

Re: Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED

@jassy, thanks for the detailed instructions, im gonna place my order for the 92SMDs :) Was looking at the normal filament brake light, its too dull for my liking haha !

A

Anonymous

bloodlegna said:
@jassy, thanks for the detailed instructions, im gonna place my order for the 92SMDs :) Was looking at the normal filament brake light, its too dull for my liking haha !

you wont be dissapointed :thumbup: stevie wonder would would turn away from these lights they are that bright :lol:

A

Anonymous

Argh autobulbs 10% discount code is no longer working zzz, shall wait for the new october discount code :) i hope the lights are not too bright that cars behind me are blinded ! the audi's rear LEDs are really very bright and very distracting

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

DRLs installed = check
Rears installed = check
Registration Plates installed = check
Fog Lights installed = not yet

So the DRLs were not too difficult and only took a few minutes as I removed the small air box on the passenger side and that made it easier (the box is easy to remove, no tools required and takes seconds...do it, you will be happy you did).

The Rears were also very easy, I also took the time to wipe down around the lights.

The Registration lights were easy as well, a little challenging because of the size and angle.

I will do the Fogs later once I get a chance to remove wheels etc.

I want to thank all of those that have made this possible with explanations of how to do the job and what bulbs to get. No need to post any pictures because the results I got are the same as the others, and I can't wait to see them at night.

:beer:

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
DRLs installed = check
Rears installed = check
Registration Plates installed = check
Fog Lights installed = not yet

So the DRLs were not too difficult and only took a few minutes as I removed the small air box on the passenger side and that made it easier (the box is easy to remove, no tools required and takes seconds...do it, you will be happy you did).

The Rears were also very easy, I also took the time to wipe down around the lights.

The Registration lights were easy as well, a little challenging because of the size and angle.

I will do the Fogs later once I get a chance to remove wheels etc.

I want to thank all of those that have made this possible with explanations of how to do the job and what bulbs to get. No need to post any pictures because the results I got are the same as the others, and I can't wait to see them at night.

:beer:

well done Mr zombie :thumbup: give us your opinion once you have checked them out at night :cool:

A

Anonymous

Installed mine as well. Took less than a minute each side. They do not seem to dim though when the main lights come on? the old LED units did dim. Am I missing something?

A

Anonymous

mr shiney said:
Installed mine as well. Took less than a minute each side. They do not seem to dim though when the main lights come on? the old LED units did dim. Am I missing something?

hello maverick :) if they dont dim all the better but they should but you will only notice the drls dimming at night its not clearly visible to notice this during the day. :)

A

Anonymous

Im, still bloody waiting for my white 380/92's replacements to arrive !!!

If they dont come soon it's gonna be the first car on the road with red DLR's .

A

Anonymous

jactac said:

If your bored put them in and take a picture ... I bet the car would look :twisted:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:

get on the phone "shy wains dont get any cake" :lol:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
jactac said:

get on the phone "shy wains dont get any cake" :lol:

Oh believe me buddy, shy i aint, and my phone has been red hot since last week. :evil:

A

Anonymous

Mikeyuk said:
jactac said:

If your bored put them in and take a picture ... I bet the car would look :twisted:

Mikey you and my son must think alike, cos thats just what he told me to do :lol:

"Dad dad i got a great idea, shuv em in the front, go on dad, go on, it'll be wicked " :?

Then he pulled on his hoody and shuffled back to his room.
That was a week ago and he hasnt come out from there with any "great ideas" since, in fact i dont think he has come out from there at all , gonna have to send the wife in there and do a search, it's gonna be a messy job but someone has to do it :lol:

A

Anonymous

who wanted the picture in day time ?

with lights on and with them off and just DRL

Paul141 :beer:

Attachments

• IMAG0101.jpg
    IMAG0101.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 7,431
  • IMAG0102.jpg
    IMAG0102.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 7,431
  • IMAG0103.jpg
    IMAG0103.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 7,431
A

Anonymous

yes the dimming process is visible but they look great in the photos during the day. obviously they are brighter to the naked eye than the small pixels photos your aloud on this site :thumbdown:
good work paul not get the front fogs done ;) :)

A

Anonymous

not yet................

A

Anonymous

Paul Is it me or are the dlr leds only lighting up the lower part of the lens.
Maybe its just the camera shot not showing up the actual light. Because this daylight shot of jassys LED's are a lot brighter. And both cars have the same LED DLR's (380/92) i think.

Attachments

• day.jpg
    day.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 7,424

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

Okay here is my feedback regarding the install of my LEDs (remember I have the Vision Pack - whatever that means at the end of the day):

DRLs - nice and bright and white. In fact they are brighter and whiter than the main beams. So if I purchase the Phillips Diamond Vision H1 S, will these compliment the DRLs? Also where do I buy these from?
Rears - nice and bright, not too bright but definitely brighter than normal.
Fog Lights - not installed yet, been too busy.
Registration Plate - now this is where it gets weird. If I have both LEDs installed, they do not work at all. If I have just one LED installed (either side), then it works. What is going on ???

I also I noticed a small bulb above the DRLs that come on when using the high-beams. What about these bulbs, as in can they be changed to LEDs or just left alone?

TIA

A

Anonymous

Small bulb above DLR's ?

i havent got that, at least i dont think so. I'm sure theres only the one bulb in my DLR lens ?

I think the Philips diamond vision are what you need.

A

Anonymous

No wait a sec, i think that IS your main beam bulb ?

The dipped beam is the outer lens, then you have the main beam lens with the DLR bulb in there also .

So starting from the outside:
Indicator then dipped beam, then main beam with a dlr/sidelight bulb in same lens/holder .

i cant remember now :helpme:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Paul Is it me or are the dlr leds only lighting up the lower part of the lens.
Maybe its just the camera shot not showing up the actual light. Because this daylight shot of jassys LED's are a lot brighter. And both cars have the same LED DLR's (380/92) i think.

i squeezed in a couple of candles into the headlamps for that photo jactacy boy :lol: no my lights are 360/380 5 watt leds the heavy chrome finished one's i was going to get the 380/92smds but i have decided to stop spending on bulbs just now some autoglym hidef wax coming tomorrow £29 :thumbup: and i will need to get a job asap :(