What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED - fitting pics pg 19

A

Anonymous

Re: Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED

I dunno :crazy:

I think it could be something to do with the amount of LED's and the overall reflection that is given off, it's a far greater cluster of light on the 380/92, but this what they say on the website, " 360 Lumens, even brighter than 21w halogen".
Ideal as a DLR i think, and still a crisp white as a sidelight, not that horrid yellow look.

Hids4u.co.uk emailed me back with some prices and stock availability, they also recommended, the Philips Diamond Vision should run alongside the 380/92 LED's,
They commented that the Philips X-treme+ 100% will give a better overall light looking out from the car but looking at the light unit from outside it would not be as white as the LED's therefore the Philips Diamond vision is what should be used next to the 380/92 LED's.
Just as Jassy said.

It's all very enlightening :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
jassyo06 said:
yes thats my last car i loved it especially the wheels it was 18 months old when i took that photo had from brand new but unemployment forced me to sell it

could you please post them photos mate :) even the type R :oops:

All done buddy,
This thread is starting to look like the Blackpool sea front :lol:
Didnt know where to put the Type R, so i sneaked it in here, it's a cracker :thumbup:

your a true gent no matter what others say about ya...... :lol: :lol: well its nearly that time the lights get switched on in blackpool anyhow :)

mean while back at the ranch ;) i really do think the 92smds are brighter if you look at the photo of the rear lights you can see that 92smd's are just as bright as the led high level brakelight,the camera picks them up with an orange glow this because they are so bright,i really should have taken a photo of a 380/92smd fitted and kept standard bulb in to show the real difference but my boot is soaked as its rained here all week the 60smd where fiited in the rain as where the 92smds but i am really happy with results as you can see all the led diodes at every angle which looks cool,i would rcommend these bulbs to everyone although expensive the quality shows.and it must be the canbus type that you fit in the rears or they wont work.oh i forgot on the upper lense of the rear lights it really off the design that bit better and when you brake the upper half of the lense really does bloom alo brighter

A

Anonymous

bloodlegna said:
Wow they do look bright. I am just wondering how does it work, the 380/360 uses 5w while the 92SMDs only use 1w but yet the 92 SMDs are brighter ? Is it because of sheer number of LEDs ?

i think it is just the shear number of led diodes mate that makes them brighter than the 380/360 leds,hopefully jactac will get them and prove this :)

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
i think it is just the shear number of led diodes mate that makes them brighter than the 380/360 leds,hopefully jactac will get them and prove this :)

I'm raiding the wifes Paypal account as we speak, :twisted:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
jassyo06 said:

I'm raiding the wifes Paypal account as we speak, :twisted:

yeah get them mate ;) you will love the look the 380/92 smds canbus drls give you.in the 360/380 led grls the leds dont clear into the full lense enough i think,and there are only 12 in total and a 5 watt rated single led at the front so the 92smds will go further in to the lense/reflector and will reflect better in my opinion

A

Anonymous

Aww damn, mayb I should swap my 380/360 LEDs to the rear (they are compatible with the brake lights right ?) and buy the 92SMDs for the DRL !

A

Anonymous

bloodlegna said:
Aww damn, mayb I should swap my 380/360 LEDs to the rear (they are compatible with the brake lights right ?) and buy the 92SMDs for the DRL !

you could but they should be really red mate also i really dont know how the 360/380 will do with the canbus system i know they work in the front drls but in the rears i couldnt say,but as they say if you dont try you wont know :) ,it would interesting to find out and also the result,ps.i think it would be a tight squeeze as well with the 360's as they are physically larger??ie diameter

A

Anonymous

bloodlegna said:

You could put the 380/360 on here, i'm sure someone would offer something for them.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
bloodlegna said:

You could put the 380/360 on here, i'm sure someone would offer something for them.

GOOD IDEA :idea:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

Okay so I read every post on this thread and now, and I have read other threads on replacing bulbs, but I have to admit I am very confused. I want to have the brightest lights possible but matching in colour as well. I have the vision package, that is all I know. So to achieve my goal what do I need to buy and where from? Please help:

1. Main headlamp bulb - do I need to change this and if so what too?
2. DRL bulbs ?
3. Fog Light bulbs ?
4. Rear Bulbs ?
5. Reg Plate Bulbs ?

I real appreciate it and I am not afraid to pay top money for the BEST product.

Thanks

A

Anonymous

Ok for the DLR change to a 380/92 LEDs, £27.99 from Hids4u.co.uk
i dont think you need to change the healight because i think the vision lights are brighter anyway, but check that out.if you do need to change it go for Philips diamond vision to match the new LEd dlr's. aprox £40 per pair.

As for the rear and the fogs jassy can explain send him a PM. he has done the lot.
you will get all the bulbs that you need from the above site.

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
Okay so I read every post on this thread and now, and I have read other threads on replacing bulbs, but I have to admit I am very confused. I want to have the brightest lights possible but matching in colour as well. I have the vision package, that is all I know. So to achieve my goal what do I need to buy and where from? Please help:

1. Main headlamp bulb - do I need to change this and if so what too?
2. DRL bulbs ?
3. Fog Light bulbs ?
4. Rear Bulbs ?
5. Reg Plate Bulbs ?

I real appreciate it and I am not afraid to pay top money for the BEST product.

Thanks

right here we go :)

1.main beam= "phillips diamond vision"H1'S size these will match the vision pack perfectly £36 from autobulbs direct these come in packs of 2 i think the peugeot vision pack is rated at 5000k so are these but as Jactac says these are strictly optional as in use when flashing or maintaining the full beam on the one's are more in use and with greater effect :cool:

2.drl= 380/92smd canbus bulbs in white from "HID4 U" 2 for £27
3.Fog Lights=H8 Size, ultra bright 27smd high power bulbs. from HIDS4 u 2 for £32.95,

4.REAR stop/tails =380/92smd canbus in RED from "HIDS4 U" 2 for£27

5.REG PLATE= 501 canbus 2 led bulbs in either white/blue from autobulbs direct 2 for £16.99

these are all high quality bulbs and do make a big difference fuctionally and aesthetically and will last for as long as you have your car.
if i can be of anymore assistance please just ask :)

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

jassyo06 said:
right here we go :)

1.main beam= "phillips diamond vision"H1'S size these will match the vision pack perfectly £36 from autobulbs direct these come in packs of 2 i think the peugeot vision pack is rated at 5000k so are these but as Jactac says these are strictly optional as in use when flashing or maintaining the full beam on the one's are more in use and with greater effect :cool:

2.drl= 380/92smd canbus bulbs in white from "HID4 U" 2 for £27
3.Fog Lights=H8 Size, ultra bright 27smd high power bulbs. from HIDS4 u 2 for £32.95,

4.REAR stop/tails =380/92smd canbus in RED from "HIDS4 U" 2 for£27

5.REG PLATE= 501 canbus 2 led bulbs in either white/blue from autobulbs direct 2 for £16.99

these are all high quality bulbs and do make a big difference fuctionally and aesthetically and will last for as long as you have your car.
if i can be of anymore assistance please just ask :)

Thanks I really appreciate the great information.

I have ordered everything but the main beams, all from HID 4 U. Will get them this week and see how they look. I have been trying to figure out how to change the fog lights, looks like from within the inner fender well.

A

Anonymous

i have yet to try this as well even though i have had the bulbs for weeks i aint got a jack,but have reached the conclusion of jack up the car take the wheel off for more access, the rear of the fog light can been seen when lying down under the car and is accessible as well,between the rain and lack of a jack of which i now have i will give it go too.
let us know how you get on with them :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

right i had a in depth look at whats required to change the front foglamp bulbs :eek: :( take the wheel off remove the wheel arch lining clips and then access the the foglamp housing but these clips are so fragile do they just clip off when pulled or is a screwdriver to prize open involved :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
right i had a in depth look at whats required to change the front foglamp bulbs :eek: :( take the wheel off remove the wheel arch lining clips and then access the the foglamp housing but these clips are so fragile do they just clip off when pulled or is a screwdriver to prize open involved :eusa-think:

UPDATE MR ZOMBIE just fitted the new front led foglight bulbs uber cool :cool: :cool: :cool: so white i mean 35 watts of pure white led light :dance:

Take the wheel off" warning the jack points aint the strongest"

1.you will need small screwdriver the size you would use to change houshold 13 amp plug

2.a 3mm alun key to loosen the 2 screws that are attached to the plastic wheel arch housing to the bumper {UNDER FRONT BUMPER} easily done take out the 2
plastic studs USING THE SMALL SCREWDRIVER that ARE IN close proximty to the 2 screws you have just taken out.

3.WORK YOUR WAY up from the bumper end of the wheel arch taking no more than 6 plastic studs out 8 IN TOTALL.

4.THEN use the small screwdriver and prize open the wheel arch underneath the bumper this only needs to prized open to the middle of each wheel arch.

5.the plastic arch can be pulled back to reveal the foglamp unclip the plug "easy "use a TORCH rather dim in there :lol: TURN THE LAMP HOLDER ANTI CLOCKWISE TO TAKE THE ORIGINAL BULB OUT :thumbup:

6.The tricky part these are a very tight fit jiggle the lamp housing and turning the led bulb CLOCKWISE at the same time putting slight pressure on the bulb as well they will GO IN :thumbup:

7.Turn the new led bulb clockwise to lock it in position with female socket end facing down.

8.plug it in :thumbup:

9.put the 2 screws back in first and restud from the bottom up the plastic wheel arch housing does drop a little when the studs are taken out so apply pressure upwards when replacing the studs back in :thumbup: WHEEL ON JOB DONE :cool:

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

jassyo06 said:
jassyo06 said:

UPDATE MR ZOMBIE just fitted the new front led foglight bulbs uber cool :cool: :cool: :cool: so white i mean 35 watts of pure white led light :dance:

1.you will need small screwdriver the size you would use to change houshold 13 amp plug

2.a 3mm alun key to loosen the 2 screws that are attached to the plastic wheel arch housing to the bumper {UNDER FRONT BUMPER} easily done take out the 2
plastic studs USING THE SMALL SCREWDRIVER that ARE IN close proximty to the 2 screws you have just taken out.

3.WORK YOUR WAY up from the bumper end of the wheel arch taking no more than 6 plastic studs out 8 IN TOTALL.

4.THEN use the small screwdriver and prize open the wheel arch underneath the bumper this only needs to prized open to the middle of each wheel arch.

5.the plastic arch can be pulled back to reveal the foglamp unclip the plug "easy "use a TORCH rather dim in there :lol: TURN THE LAMP HOLDER ANTI CLOCKWISE TO TAKE THE ORIGINAL BULB OUT :thumbup:

6.The tricky part these are a very tight fit jiggle the lamp housing and turning the led bulb CLOCKWISE at the same time putting slight pressure on the bulb as well they will GO IN :thumbup:

7.Turn the new led bulb clockwise to lock it in position with female socket end facing down.

9.put the 2 screws back in first and restud from the bottom up the plastic wheel arch housing does drop a little when the studs are taken out so apply pressure upwards when replacing the studs back in :thumbup: WHEEL ON JOB DONE :cool:

Thanks this is awesome...I just received my bulbs today, will be putting them in as soon as possible but I have no access to a jack etc., so I have to work on that.

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
jassyo06 said:
jassyo06 said:

Thanks this is awesome...I just received my bulbs today, will be putting them in as soon as possible but I have no access to a jack etc., so I have to work on that.

i had no jack either borrowed the mrs one from her corsa forgot she had a jack :eusa-think: but really i have just gone a run around the estate with them on they are superb really worth the effort of putting them and the cost from hids4 u where £7 cheaper than autobulbs,they are just like xenon lights really.the light that come from all 3 lights at the front is amazing.you could even use the sidlights and front foglights as drls during the day :law-policered: ;) they are that bright

A

Anonymous

Received the 380/92 DLR's today, they are very big and the clowns sent them in RED, not a good idea to use red DLR's.