What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED - fitting pics pg 19

A

Anonymous

Re: Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED

jactac said:
Received the 380/92 DLR's today, they are very big and the clowns sent them in RED, not a good idea to use red DLR's.

I got a set in red too. Chucked em in the bin, as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of returning em.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Received the 380/92 DLR's today, they are very big and the clowns sent them in RED, not a good idea to use red DLR's.

you could be the FIRST??? :lol:

A

Anonymous

Now theres a thought, :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

OMG the 380 92`s are a bugger to fit to the DRL socket as they are so long, when in they are massively bright (just right)
So far I got the nearside done after dinner tonight, but it got dark so I was unable to get the offside done.
Also got the number plate 501 LEDs in and working, sweet !!

Paul141

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
OMG the 380 92`s are a bugger to fit to the DRL socket as they are so long, when in they are massively bright (just right)
So far I got the nearside done after dinner tonight, but it got dark so I was unable to get the offside done.

Paul141

good man they are good eh?? :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
jactac said:

I got a set in red too. Chucked em in the bin, as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of returning em.

:eusa-shhh: :lol:

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:

Paul141

when i tried to fit them i found it easier to put the bulb into the hole without the socket then hold it in place and then attach the socket, but you have to be very careful not to drop the bulb into the light unit as you will not be able to get it out :crazy:

A

Anonymous

LOL you are telling me ! I did drop it in but got it back out with a set of grip scissors.
Today (just now) I got the offside done in a few min, all up and running now.
Trick is to push the back of the lamp where the bulb fits in to allow the bulb holder to pass the rear plastic, but job done now.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
LOL you are telling me ! I did drop it in but got it back out with a set of grip scissors.
Trick is to push the back of the lamp where the bulb fits in to allow the bulb holder to pass the rear plastic, but job done now.

Paul141

photos

A

Anonymous

OK here is the picture you wanted :-

This is JUST the DRL's on, NOTHING else !!!!! :thumbup:

Paul141 :beer:

Attachments

• IMAG0098.jpg
    IMAG0098.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 7,698
A

Anonymous

paul141 said:
OK here is the picture you wanted :-

This is JUST the DRL's on, NOTHING else !!!!! :thumbup:

Paul141 :beer:

SEXUAL :thumbup: well done mate and welcome to the club :thumbup: now get them foggys done then you will see real light ma boy :lol:

A

Anonymous

View form the side, of the DRL's on only

Attachments

• IMAG0096.jpg
    IMAG0096.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 7,695

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score

Looking great Paul...I will be doing mine soon.

I might just remove the engine for easier access :roll:

A

Anonymous

Ok heres jassy's latest pics of the fogs.
first pic is LED sidelights and fogs

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    5.5 KB · Views: 7,688
  • b.jpg
    b.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 7,688
  • c.jpg
    c.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 7,688
A

Anonymous

paul141 said:

Paul141

They look great m8,
i have to wait until the supplier sends 2 WHITE replacements as they originaly sent RED ones, they didnt ask me to send the wrong ones back so i may have a set of RED 380/92's going up for grabs, i will have to wait and see if they send a return note for them first though.
They gotta be worth £20 inc postage :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
paul141 said:

Paul141

They look great m8,
i have to wait until the supplier sends 2 WHITE replacements as they originaly sent RED ones, they didnt ask me to send the wrong ones back so i may have a set of RED 380/92's going up for grabs, i will have to wait and see if they send a return note for them first though.
They gotta be worth £20 inc postage :eusa-think:

£20 is a good price mate maybe paul141 would be interested i think :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Zombie1066 said:
Looking great Paul...I will be doing mine soon.

I might just remove the engine for easier access :roll:

hi MR z :thumbup: the most difficult bulb to replace is the H7 bulb you dont need to as you have oem xenons :cool: the DRLS are a little tricky but not overtly difficult,the rears are piece of cake just unscrew the plastic fixing bolts and lift the rear cluster gently out "YOU DO NOT HAVE UNPLUG THIS FLEX TO THE REARS TO REPLACE THE BULB", unscrew the bulb holder and take the bulb out then replace the rear cluster and bolt back up.i would start at the back first,then the front drls,then the fogs the 1st fog will take you a 20 mins the 2nd fog 10 mins

A

Anonymous

Paul maybe interested, you are right, but work may come between me and car for a couple of days.

A

Anonymous

I am curious, can you use white LEDs to replace the rear brake lights ?

Furthermore is it easy to access the rear lights ?

A

Anonymous

bloodlegna said:
I am curious, can you use white LEDs to replace the rear brake lights ?

Furthermore is it easy to access the rear lights ?

yes you could but it would look pink in comparison to a red led, both autobulbs and hids4 u stipulate this on their websites.(RED gives a more intense light,your high level brake light is made up of red leds your rear indicators are made up of yellow leds) the rear lights are a doddle to do.

1.open boot remove the the access cards left&right of boot walls.IGNITION OFF :thumbup:
2.remove plastic fixing bolts turning anti clockwise (bit tight).
3.gently lift rear light cluster out of the car there is a stud at the top so just be gentle turn the cluster over toward you to gain access to bulb holder(you dont need to disconnect the cable leading to the light(thats awkward)
4 turn bulb holder anti clockwise take out bulb and replace with new easy.
5.replace clusters, bolt up fixings replace boot cards and bobs your uncle

i know changing rear bulbs is a bit anal i love led lighting for its intensity look :thumbup: :cool: but fittings these red 380/92smd bulbs just makes the rear lights look that more expensive and classier like top of the line audis look,and they are a lot richer and brighter looking