What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED - fitting pics pg 19

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Cuore Sportivo said:
I've read this monster thread and am a bit confused.

Can anyone tell me in simple terms what my options are to replace my lame yellow side/Drl's ?

Led's seem to get mentioned a lot, but this confuses me as the standard bulb seems to be double filament. Do Led's still work ? Also, any warning light issues with Led's ?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

:beer:

We have tested several LED bulbs for different areas of the RCZ. In the end we finalized what we offer based upon functionality, compatibility, quality, and longevity. Ours may cost more than other offerings you will find say on auction sites, but we have sold hundreds of ours with great success and happy customers.

For the DRL our LED's come in either 60 (for non-Vision Pack RCZ's) and 92 (for Vision Pack RCZ's). They do not have dual filament and you will find this the case with after-market LED's. The factory DRL's will dim when the indicator is used, however the LED's will not. But with the distance between the DRL and indicator being a good amount, we have never seen a reason for the dimming to occur, but this requirement is stipulated by laws in certain countries. We have had some customers decide not to upgrade due to the dimming as they want/need to stay with legal rules of the road. But again we have sold hundreds throughout the world. Here is a link to our DRL offerings:

http://shop.rczperformance.com/category.sc?categoryId=197

The LED bulbs we sell do not trigger any errors/EMLs/CELs. The only report of having such an issue is with a set of the reverse lights due to the fact that the LED's draw very little power and the car thought it was a problem. But again this was not indicated through any warning or such. So installing LED's will not cause any issues with driving and operation of the car.

We have been running LED's throughout our car for years with no issues, no reports of problems, no legal or driving issues either.

While looking at replacing the DRL bulbs to LED, you can also see we offer every other bulb for your RCZ in LED including our very own 'RCZ' and 'R' Door Courtesy Lights.

Reaction score
RCZ-Performance said:
Cuore Sportivo said:

Can anyone tell me in simple terms what my options are to replace my lame yellow side/Drl's ?

Led's seem to get mentioned a lot, but this confuses me as the standard bulb seems to be double filament. Do Led's still work ? Also, any warning light issues with Led's ?

We have tested several LED bulbs for different areas of the RCZ. In the end we finalized what we offer based upon functionality, compatibility, quality, and longevity. Ours may cost more than other offerings you will find say on auction sites, but we have sold hundreds of ours with great success and happy customers.

For the DRL our LED's come in either 60 (for non-Vision Pack RCZ's) and 92 (for Vision Pack RCZ's). They do not have dual filament and you will find this the case with after-market LED's. The factory DRL's will dim when the indicator is used, however the LED's will not. But with the distance between the DRL and indicator being a good amount, we have never seen a reason for the dimming to occur, but this requirement is stipulated by laws in certain countries. We have had some customers decide not to upgrade due to the dimming as they want/need to stay with legal rules of the road. But again we have sold hundreds throughout the world. Here is a link to our DRL offerings:

The LED bulbs we sell do not trigger any errors/EMLs/CELs. The only report of having such an issue is with a set of the reverse lights due to the fact that the LED's draw very little power and the car thought it was a problem. But again this was not indicated through any warning or such. So installing LED's will not cause any issues with driving and operation of the car.

We have been running LED's throughout our car for years with no issues, no reports of problems, no legal or driving issues either.

While looking at replacing the DRL bulbs to LED, you can also see we offer every other bulb for your RCZ in LED including our very own 'RCZ' and 'R' Door Courtesy Lights.

Thanks for extensive reply. Is the price on your site for a pair of bulbs ?

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
Cuore Sportivo said:
RCZ-Performance said:
Cuore Sportivo said:

Thanks for extensive reply. Is the price on your site for a pair of bulbs ?

The DRL bulbs are sold in pairs. Each item sold will state whether they are sold in singles or pairs. But if you ever have a question please do not hesitate to contact us via our sites.

t110jim

Reaction score
I am having problems with the 92 led running lights replacing the p21 bulbs they are ok as dorks but when on with headlight sometimes only one work sometimes none and other times they both work . When you open car at night the flash and go out, any one help

RCZ-Performance

Reaction score
t110jim said:
I am having problems with the 92 led running lights replacing the p21 bulbs they are ok as dorks but when on with headlight sometimes only one work sometimes none and other times they both work . When you open car at night the flash and go out, any one help
Flashing occurs due to a surge in power on the electrical system as LED bulbs take very little power to work, so this is normal especially for the RCZ. As for intermittent working, just contact us at [email protected] about this, please provide your order number, and we shall sort it for you.

djandree

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been raised before but i cannot find the actual thread that shows what im looking for.

i'm thinking about changing the front front DLR / sidelight to an LED, as last night i caught a glimpse of the sidelight in a shop window , its yellow compared to the headlights.

The bulb is brighter when its in DLR mode but when you turn the headlights or sidelights on it dims down to a horrible yellowish tint.

I know it can be changed to an LED as i've seen pics on here somewhere of the LED, it has a double connector type of thing, so that it has two levels of brightness like the standard bulb. but it will not be this horrible yellow tint even at its lowest level.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
ps, i have the standard headlight unit so i'm looking for an LED that wont make the headlight look yellowish, otherwise it means an HID kit which i dont want to do.
Switch off DLR in Diagbox, and that's it