What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED - fitting pics pg 19

A

Anonymous

I'm sure this has been raised before but i cannot find the actual thread that shows what im looking for.

i'm thinking about changing the front front DLR / sidelight to an LED, as last night i caught a glimpse of the sidelight in a shop window , its yellow compared to the headlights.

The bulb is brighter when its in DLR mode but when you turn the headlights or sidelights on it dims down to a horrible yellowish tint.

I know it can be changed to an LED as i've seen pics on here somewhere of the LED, it has a double connector type of thing, so that it has two levels of brightness like the standard bulb. but it will not be this horrible yellow tint even at its lowest level.

Any advice appreciated.
Thanks.
ps, i have the standard headlight unit so i'm looking for an LED that wont make the headlight look yellowish, otherwise it means an HID kit which i dont want to do.

A

Anonymous

Re: Changing the DLR / sidelight to LED

380 Ultimate Canbus 92 SMD LED Bulb SKU: 380LED92ULTR-1 from autobulbs direct,if you have normal headlights go for phillips diamond vision h7's from autobulbs direct.

you really do need to change the h7 bulbs as i have done mate in order to have a good match i have loads of photos of mine but i am unable to post them on this site :twisted: if you pm with your email address i will send the photos of my car and the result i know you will like

A

Anonymous

Dont the Philips H7 diamond bulb give of a bluey light though rather than white ?

Im trying to get LED dlr/sidelights simular to the headlights without fitting an hid kit for the headlights.

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Dont the Philips H7 diamond buld give of a bluey light though rather than white ?

not in the rcz they are really whiteish blue as i have them honest just pm me

A

Anonymous

Ok thanks buddy,
I just sent my email address :beer:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Ok thanks buddy,
I just sent my email address :beer:

i have just sent you the photos my computer is so slow today as is this site

A

Anonymous

H7 Philips X-treme Vision +100% Headlight Bulbs (pair) if you really dont want the diamond vision h7's these bulbs will match your canbus 92 smd drl's

A

Anonymous

Heres Jassy's LEd DLR's/ sidelights and his Philips H7 diamond headlights

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 21,295
  • jjhh.jpg
    jjhh.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 21,294
A

Anonymous

I'm impressed with that m8, they look a good match, and nice and bright especially as you are showing them in day light.

Do the philips xtreme give a whiter light rather than a blue white. :crazy:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I'm impressed with that m8, they look a good match, and nice and bright especially as you are showing them in day light.

Do the philips xtreme give a whiter light rather than a blue white. :crazy:

hp,hip,hooray i have a photo my car via jactac thank mate :beer:

i have fitted the 80% phillips vision on my mothers golf and they looked good so the 100% will be better,they give off a white light and a good surface white light, and should match the led drls light,the phillips diamond vision are nice to look at and are really bright mate on the rcz but they do project a bluish light on to the road surface and with winter coming i will change them to 100% extra from phillips so it being nearly october best go with 100% extra from phillips with the white 380/92 smd's i recommended :beer: .

and thanks again for the photo your a gent :)

A

Anonymous

All good stuf m8.
so its the Philips xtreme 100% and the 380/92 smd's LED's .
Nice one. :beer:

Hope Mr's H got funds in her Paypal account :cool:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
All good stuf m8.
so its the Philips xtreme 100% and the 380/92 smd's LED's .
Nice one. :beer:

Hope Mr's H got funds in her Paypal account :cool:

if your getting them mate use this discount code at checkout. abdaf5 its only 5% but its better than nowt.my 380/92 red led smd rear lights will be with me tommorrow as i paid for next day delivery at :wtf: £5,i will update you on these as they are the same as 380/92smd's but only in red

A

Anonymous

Jassy,
that great, thankyou.
Will Autobulbs direct do both sets ?

A

Anonymous

Jassy,
Just looked at the LED's on that website and the ones you recommend, 380/92 smd are not the ones that you have shown in another thread ?
here is the link to the thread and a link to the LED's that you ordered according to the thread.

The ones you mention in the other thread are like a brushed aluminium type, that you said were a tight fit, but the one you recomended to me look totaly different.

running-lights-t1561-100.html

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/380-36 ... er-5W.html

did you change them for a different type ?

A

Anonymous

yes they will do both mate the phillips 100% and the 380/92SMDS side lights the ones i have are the 380/360 i would not recommend you get these as they are a incredible tight fit mate and actually i scratched them DURING FITTING, the actual physical size are too big and a bit end heavy,i compared the 380/92 smd 's with them and these are physically smaller mate AND THEY WILL BE BRIGHTER MATE and easier to fit.these are the top the range as they have 92 led diodes :eek: in them and will look immense :cool: :cool: in daylight running mode and sidelight mode trust me.order them tonight and you will have them for weekend :dance: :dance:

ps the reason i never got the 380/92 snd's canbus was because they where out of STOCK at the time i needed them :(

also if you look at the 380/360 bulb the brushed aluminum surround is nice looking but the circumference
of it is larger than the hole in the actual headlamp housing of the car,they are a nightmare to fit :twisted: and i would say i am good at getting my hands into tight spaces as i am sparky :(

A

Anonymous

Ok then Jassy my good man,
its definatley the 380/92's then and the Philips 100%. :thumbup:

The mad thing is that my son works in Halfords and comes home with all sorts of bulbs but i just cant find a good H7 headlight bulb and DLR/ sidelight LED that look good together.
He did mention the Bosch Cobalt H7 but they seem to be hard to get hold of :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
Ok then Jassy my good man,
its definatley the 380/92's then and the Philips 100%. :thumbup:

The mad thing is that my son works in Halfords and comes home with all sorts of bulbs but i just cant find a good H7 headlight bulb and DLR/ sidelight LED that look good together.
He did mention the Bosch Cobalt H7 but they seem to be hard to get hold of :eusa-think:

phillips are the market leader as far as upgrade bulbs go,they are quality hence there price,but they 92smds should be :cool:

A

Anonymous

One last question, im a pain i know :oops:

what about main beam ?
we have a seperate bulb again for maim beam on the RCZ, at least i think we do ?

A

Anonymous

Out of stock on the LED's :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
One last question, im a pain i know :oops:

what about main beam ?
we have a seperate bulb again for maim beam on the RCZ, at least i think we do ?

yes h1's they are called mate and you can the phillips 100% bulbs for them aswell,these are the easiest one's to change the h7's are a nightmare to get out as you need to do it blind with feel and touch only its loosening the spring clips thats awkward but are easier to get back in than they are getting them out of the headlamp unit. the drl's are push in and turn you can actually fit them outside the headlamp unit its best to do this prior to puting them back into the headlamp unit just to check they are working properly ;) but your son should keep you right ;) :lol: the phillips 100% H1'S ARE £32.95.

YOU BUY ALL THESE BULBS her indoors will go :evil: :evil: :lol: