What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wing mirrors

A

Anonymous

I've not been on this forum for ages but tonight I've discovered I'm not alone in having a knocking noise in my RCZ at low speed and I'm also in the club of RCZ owners with white staining from the mirrors - FANBLOODYTASTIC!! :wtf:

My love affair with the car is certainly not what it was. :?

Hi, ho, hi, ho, off to the service department I go. :x

A

Anonymous

Latest from Helen Main at Peugeot re mirrors:

Tony

Many thanks for your email and my apologies for the delay in responding to you - as I have been out of the office for a couple of days.

Regarding the mirror issue you are experiencing : I am advised that you need to contact your local Peugeot Dealer as there is a now a rectification for this problem and they will be able to assist you with this matter.

I hope that this will assist you in resolving the issue with the mirrors and that this is not detracting from your enjoyment of the RCZ.

Kind regards

Helen

So i have contacted my local dealer and they say that they have ordered new mirrors,and car will be booked in as soon as they arrive, and are painted. :)

A

Anonymous

Definately something I need to get sorted on mine. How long is wait for these new parts?

A

Anonymous

Where customers have experienced excessive water staining on the door panels below the door mirrors, I can confirm that our Dealers have now been advised of the necessary rectification. In some instances this might require the replacement of the door mirrors. Replacement door mirrors are now starting to arrive at our UK Parts Warehouse ; depending on demand there may be some initial delays as we build up stock levels.

A

Anonymous

My dealer said that they wern't gonna muck about repairing, but just do a straight swap. Parts not in stock at mo, but should be in UK in week to 10 days.

Davie

Reaction score
I have had both mirrors replaced by dealer because of a grinding noise on opening and closing,also mirors sticking.

A

Anonymous

Just had the mirrors done , but am confused. Dealer first said my car was'nt on a re call for this ! But they did it anyway, but it seems the 'fix' is to cut a hole in a seal to make water run away. Surely the cause of the 'white stains is the insides is corrosion of the mount. If this is not touched, how does it stop the staining ?? Garage washed my car, but have made no attempt to polish out the stains that are there. Not happy at all with the service I got at this dealer. I printed out alot of the comments made about the mirror issue and left it with the dealer ! ......By the way.....they let me have a 107 to get home in........this car is a lot of fun !

A

Anonymous

My wing mirrors were changed under warranty. There is a post from Peugeot here on the forum that informs RCZ owners of this. Your dealership should change them under warranty.

A

Anonymous

My car has gone in for the wing mirrors doing. The dealer is keeping it for a week, as I've also had the DPF warning on a couple of times. They didn't manage to get me an RCZ to use in the meantime, but they did put me in a 308CC (which is handy given the current heat wave).

Been pretty impressed with my dealer so far - I have had a couple of niggles with the car, but they've sorted them, and have always managed to put me in a reasonable courtesy car (most times a demonstrator RCZ).

As an aside, the dealer has an Asphalt as their showroom car at the moment - looks magnificent, but I don't think I could live with the matt finish from a practicality point of view.

A

Anonymous

Hmmmm interesting. I have a 60 plate 156 GT RCZ and washed it for the first time the other day and noticed the white water marks on the passanger door.
I am at my local peugeot dealer tomorrow getting my private plate done so will go armed with the peugeot group response from the forum.

A

Anonymous

Poor Flash is getting one of the wing mirrors replaced - just been in to Marshalls to find out what the horrendous noise was when the wing mirrors go in and out. It should get done under the warranty (Flash is a 60 plate 156THP)

So poor Flash has a rusty sore ear!

A

Anonymous

Got mine booked in for monday. Peugeot dealer seemed to know all about it. I think they drill some drainage holes, but if the mirrors are too bad (corroded) they will get some new mirrors ordered.
All done under the warranty as well.

A

Anonymous

Peugeot contacted me about my mirrors and dealer problem. They have told the dealer to replace them. Its good to know our moans get looked at !

A

Anonymous

tallpaul said:
Peugeot contacted me about my mirrors and dealer problem. They have told the dealer to replace them. Its good to know our moans get looked at !

That's how mine got changed as well. Peugeot do take notice of the forum which is a credit to them.

A

Anonymous

peugeot told my dealer about it 3 weeks ago now and they are still not ask me to come in with the car yet?

A

Anonymous

brittenterry said:
peugeot told my dealer about it 3 weeks ago now and they are still not ask me to come in with the car yet?

Hassle them to the point you're p$ssing them off, they'll do it to get rid of you!!!

A

Anonymous

Popped into dealer with water stains down the door issue last week, modification made to seal this Monday. Took it back to dealer on Tuesday as had forgotten to tell them about the creaking noise from both mirrors as they open and close.
This turned out to be an oversight on their part too as apparently had they read further instructions from peugeot they would have realised that there was a potential for this problem to occur on corroded/ poor drainage mirrors and that these would need replacing. So currently awaiting arrival of new mirrors which I understand will need to be painted locally :|

A

Anonymous

Yes i have been told the same. dealer phoned yesterday to assure me that they havnt forgotten about me, and there is a bit of a wait for the mirrors coming from France, because of the demand.