What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wing mirrors

A

Anonymous

has anyone yet been into dealers and asked about the mod for the mirrors to stop the water runing down the doors / or had the fix done ???...

A

Anonymous

No not yet. Not a major issue to me. Hopefully my new one will not do it.

A

Anonymous

Gonna bring the subject up when i book the car in very shortly for its 1000 mile check.
Will be ringing dealer in the morning to book it in, as i think have an issue with a rusty caliper. :thumbdown:
Any news on the mirrors and i will let you know.

A

Anonymous

Mr Shiney - there is a thread here :)

corroded-mirrors-t1972-20.html

Mine was delivered in April from a February build and so far I haven't had any problems so I'm hoping mine made the new batch with the modification.

A

Anonymous

A mod to try and stop this:
Like RCZoom i have not seen anything yet and hopefuly wont, i do get a little water running down the door from the mirror after washing but not staining, i would imagine nearly all cars get runs after washing ect, so fingers crossed.

Attachments

• 2nl4lc6.jpg
    2nl4lc6.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 15,354
A

Anonymous

My dealer said that there is no fix as yet,and told me to write to Peugeot directly so theycan get someone on it.
havn't got round to it yet

"Further to our conversation earlier please see address for Peugeot Head Office:

Peugeot Motor Company PLC
Pinley House
2 Sunbeam Way
Coventry
CV3 1VD

Kind regards

Service Advisor
Chinese Garage
0208 662 6133"

A

Anonymous

I had my support arms replaced as you can see from jactac's picture of my mirrors. There is no fix for the water running down the doors from the mirror arms.

Peugeot have informed me that at present they are looking at the mirror arm corrosion at a local level.

They replaced the mirrors and painted the inside of the arms to give more protection on mine.

Time will only tell if it has worked.

Since they have been replaced I have no water mark from the passenger-side mirror.

Could they just need alittle bit more tightening of the fixing screws.

A

Anonymous

Our Drivers side mirror is making a groaning noise when opening and closing, so we need to book it in for Peugeot to investigate.

A

Anonymous

Pughy3 said:
Our Drivers side mirror is making a groaning noise when opening and closing, so we need to book it in for Peugeot to investigate.

I've noticed a simular sort of noise my drivers door also, not so much of a groan but definitely louder and not as smooth as the passenger door . :eusa-think:

It has only started the last couple of weeks.

My 1000 mile check list keeps getting bloody longer :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I had that noise on the drivers side mirror...also on the spoiler...a quick squirt of wd40 and it never came back to this day. I put it down to the hot summer here and some grease drying out or something. Anyways the wd did the trick for me. just a bit mind!

A

Anonymous

ValleNorte said:
I had that noise on the drivers side mirror...also on the spoiler...a quick squirt of wd40 and it never came back to this day. I put it down to the hot summer here and some grease drying out or something. Anyways the wd did the trick for me. just a bit mind!

Where too in the mirror did you spray ? Was it just on the point that swivels and let the spray find its way in ?

A

Anonymous

I went into my local dealership on Monday 13/6/11 for an inspection with the warranty manager. He has to report what he sees and report back to Peugeot. Apparently Peugeot are totally unaware of this issue and of the relevant fix by the factory as highlighted by FGRob on his factory visit. As I was with him he received a call from someone in high command at Pinley House who also knows nothing of this issue. Everyone at my dealership of any relevance is now aware of my issue, even though my problems may not be as bad as other forum members. I spoke with the dealer principle and showed him what was happening even on the showroom car. It is now a waiting game to see what happens next. The more we highlight this problem the more we will achieve, or not as the case may be. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

My case was the same, The Dealer and Peugeot do not know of a fix for water dripping down from the mirrors.

However, the case manager at peugeot who dealt with my claim where the water stained the bodywork is aware of a fix for water corrosion of the mirror stems and this will only be dealt with at a local level with the dealer.

FGRob

Reaction score
jrs said:
I went into my local dealership on Monday 13/6/11 for an inspection with the warranty manager. He has to report what he sees and report back to Peugeot. Apparently Peugeot are totally unaware of this issue and of the relevant fix by the factory as highlighted by FGRob on his factory visit. As I was with him he received a call from someone in high command at Pinley House who also knows nothing of this issue. Everyone at my dealership of any relevance is now aware of my issue, even though my problems may not be as bad as other forum members. I spoke with the dealer principle and showed him what was happening even on the showroom car. It is now a waiting game to see what happens next. The more we highlight this problem the more we will achieve, or not as the case may be. :greetings-wavingblue:

I wouldn't normally do this, but I think Peugeot are talking through their arse about this, please see below emails from Peugeot, look at the dates:

**** Emails Removed ****

A

Anonymous

Thanks FGRob, the more info the better. :greetings-wavingblue:

FGRob

Reaction score
jrs said:
Thanks FGRob, the more info the better. :greetings-wavingblue:
Plus there was 12 other people who heard the confirmation about the fix at Graz - but they were Dutch.

Rob. :wave:

A

Anonymous

My car is booked in for this friday to have it's "1000 mile walk around", and i will bring the isuue up with the service dept, but i'm not holding out much hope of getting a sensible reply.
Maybe Marcus can find something out :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

I strongly suspect that Marcus is far more knowledgeable than the average main dealership personnel. So as you have access to him, then it may well be your better route.

A

Anonymous

Ron,
i think he's on hols at the moment, so i'll leave the good fella relax.
THEN BOMBARD WITH EMAILS :lol: