What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wing mirrors

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well I have to say I'm very, very impressed. Peugeot Group contacted me when I casually mentioned that my wing mirrors had started groaning. Next thing, he's liaising with my dealer sorting it out and then my dealer is ringing me up asking when I want to book the car in to have the replacement mirrors fitted and my first year service ( £99 which I thought was very good). Next thing the Service department are ringing me up confirming my booking and whether I will require a lift back to work, etc when I drop the car off. Great stuff Peugeot and thank you :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Peugeot Group contacted me when I casually mentioned that my wing mirrors had started groaning.

but they do 'groan' a bit anyway don't they - it's just the noise of the motor? My 207 ones always groaned a bit - and my RCZ is no worse......I'm sure I'd noticed if they got worse though. :eusa-think:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Donna, yes they do make a noise when closing / opening, which is a motor noise, but the noise is now a definite groan and not the normal noise that I had from the beginning.

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
Still here waiting :thumbdown:

How strange had a call not and hour ago saying my mirrors are in! Taking up Thursday then collecting him Monday :dance:

VASS

Reaction score
RCZ1 said:
Well I have to say I'm very, very impressed. Peugeot Group contacted me when I casually mentioned that my wing mirrors had started groaning. Next thing, he's liaising with my dealer sorting it out and then my dealer is ringing me up asking when I want to book the car in to have the replacement mirrors fitted and my first year service ( £99 which I thought was very good). Next thing the Service department are ringing me up confirming my booking and whether I will require a lift back to work, etc when I drop the car off. Great stuff Peugeot and thank you :thumbup:

Hmm ***** refused to look at mine saying "they were witin acceptable tollerances"
same response for loose front set too.

I hate them with a passion!

A

Anonymous

All I have left of Lawrence he has gone to be fixed... The Ford Focus Parrot car kit picking up my Bluetooth ☎

A

Anonymous

Tookmy RCZ in for rattle on dash (turned out to be a panel on side) and mentioned the mirror. Picked it p and they told me thatthey had ordered new mirrors and would call me when the arrive. On backlog though until 15th so must be a popular part!!!!!

Superb service.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Update: had a telephone call from my dealer this morning to say that the wing mirrors had arrived, direct from Geneva and that they were painted. Going in next Tuesday to have them fitted along with a first year service.

Great work from Peugeot, keeping me updated, etc. :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

got my 2 new ones fitted last week :thumbup: great service and all is good

A

Anonymous

Lawrence is back fighting fit! New wing mirrors all round quiet as a mouse :dance:

A

Anonymous

nelliebear said:
Lawrence is back fighting fit! New wing mirrors all round quiet as a mouse :dance:
About time. You must be a very patient man. I'd be furious waiting as long as you have. My car is my pride and joy and I'd hate her not to be looking perfect.

A

Anonymous

After numerous "discussions" with my dealer, he finally agreed a couple of weeks ago, that there was a problem with early RCZ Mirror's.
I was asked to book it in for "the fix". I told him that I thought Peugeot were replacing Mirror's, and not doing "the fix". ( I think this means drilling a hole, and squirting some WD40)

The big question is, Have I been fobbed off, or has everyone got to go thru "the fix" first, like my Dealer said was the case.

A

Anonymous

..... hhmmm maybe just always leaving the car unlocked would solve the problem here?? ...... :lol:

A

Anonymous

the dealer replace the units on my wing mirrors both sides , but on the say so from HQ

RCZ1

Reaction score
Well Pearl had her first year interim service today and her new wing mirrors fitted. I have to say Peugeot and my dealer were first class. I couldn't fault them. Both of them really could not have been more helpful. It's also the first time that I've ever had to walk around the car and inspect it with the dealer, when dropping it off for a service, etc. Never, ever, happened to me before - so well done Peugeot :thumbup:

The lovely lady on the service desk said we'll wash and valet it for you when its done. The look of horror on my face :ugeek: - no please don't ! She clearly wrote on the job sheet not to wash it and I had also attached a big label to my key ring saying "Please DO NOT wash the car !". So on picking it up, it hadn't been washed :thumbup: I'd washed it on Saturday, so it was already pristine and again to my dealers credit, they had hardly made any mess at all.

So thanks to Peugeot and my dealer - good on yer :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

wing mirrors fitted 2 weeks ago :thumbup: lowerd the passenger window today 1st time since mirrors have been fitted now the window only goes half way down and stops :eusa-think: back in next week to be sorted :)

A

Anonymous

mel said:
wing mirrors fitted 2 weeks ago :thumbup: lowerd the passenger window today 1st time since mirrors have been fitted now the window only goes half way down and stops :eusa-think: back in next week to be sorted :)
Oh dear :thumbdown: Bring back the mechanics and forget progress (technicians) :thumbdown: