What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wing mirrors

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
mel said:
wing mirrors fitted 2 weeks ago :thumbup: lowerd the passenger window today 1st time since mirrors have been fitted now the window only goes half way down and stops :eusa-think: back in next week to be sorted :)
Oh dear :thumbdown: Bring back the mechanics and forget progress (technicians) :thumbdown:
ime cool with it ron :shock: evrybody deserves a second chance !!!!! but not a third :evil: :evil: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

window now sorted :dance: but now needs a new door seal :eek: :shock: dealer has orderd :wtf:

RCZ1

Reaction score
Washed my car at the weekend, first time it's been done since I had my wing mirrors replaced. Pleased to report no more drips. :thumbup: Just a scuffed mirror !

A

Anonymous

So how do I get my dealer to find out about the wing mirror issues- Oxford. I have been in a few times, and they check if it is a recall. If it is not on the computer, then they won't do anything. Computer says no...

RCZ1

Reaction score
cwalshox4 said:
So how do I get my dealer to find out about the wing mirror issues- Oxford. I have been in a few times, and they check if it is a recall. If it is not on the computer, then they won't do anything. Computer says no...

Send a PM to Peugeot Group (that's his forum name) he's a member on the forum but works at Peugeot HQ. He should be able to sort it out for you.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
Washed my car at the weekend, first time it's been done since I had my wing mirrors replaced. Pleased to report no more drips. :thumbup: Just a scuffed mirror !

I know Lawrence does not get cleaned much but have tried to do my best since getting his new mirrors, but still getting the same ammont of drips and streaks! oh well just have to live with it as not really wanting him back in the garage and RCZ'less AGAIN :thumbdown:

RCZ1

Reaction score
nelliebear said:
RCZ1 said:

I know Lawrence does not get cleaned much but have tried to do my best since getting his new mirrors, but still getting the same ammont of drips and streaks! oh well just have to live with it as not really wanting him back in the garage and RCZ'less AGAIN :thumbdown:

Really? I got a couple of drips but wiped them down and gone. Definitely not like it was before. Even when I'd washed the car with the old wing mirrors it goes straight into the garage. When I would go to it the following day and sometimes 2 days later, as soon as I pressed the key fob to unlock it and the wing mirrors folded out, they would start dripping. It's not happened with the new mirrors.

A

Anonymous

cwalshox4 said:

Copied and pasted from 4th august:

Right eyes down, we may have inadvertently discovered a route into the Peugeot secret society .
Whilst at the track day yesterday i did a quick reccy of all 17 RCZs that were there,and discovered that it seems to be the 10 and 60 plates that are suffering with the white sludge marks. The 11 plates seem to have no marks. Does this mean that peugeot have remedied the fault at source now, and its only the pesky 10 & 60 plates owners that are kicking up a stink? i vented my spleen to a very nice lady from Peugeot, who happened to be Ms Helen Main the Manager of Customer Communications. I explained the problem on behalf us long suffering oiks,and she was very sympathetic. She said i was to email her with my complaint,and she would pass it onto the relevant department , which in this case is "The Product Manager". DAA DAA we therefore might seemingly have at last a contact point.

This is the reply she sent me.

Text edited as this is a personal email between yourself and the lady concerned and is therefore not for the public domain. As I've said in an earlier post in this thread just PM Member Peugeot Group and he will assist you.

Power to the people !!!

Wolfy Smith (AKA dartanian/Tony)

Try that mate.

A

Anonymous

Fair play to Peugeot group. Without having to send a PM, they picked up my post, contacted my dealer and sorted it out within 2 days. I am now waiting for the wind mirrors to arrive. I also asked about the rusty wheels, and am getting those sorted under warranty.
Great response from them.

A

Anonymous

my hubs on rear have now gone rusty is this deffo a warranty issue?

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
my hubs on rear have now gone rusty is this deffo a warranty issue?
Why not mine was rusty before I collected it. Definitely a warranty job

A

Anonymous

Had my hubs replaced by Peugeot FOC as they went rusty. To be honest it's only a thin layer of paint on the new 1s as I got to close with karcher and it took the paint straight back off! Still great service though had hubs discs & new pads all round.

Peugeot RCZ 2.0 GT Hdi Dolphin Blue
Sports steering wheel
Personalised plate
Painted calipers
Carbon wing mirrors
Carbon roof wrap

A

Anonymous

I had my wing mirrors replaced in late August last year and guess what, they have now developed the same bloody issue!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Washed the car at the weekend and I now have nice white streaks down my drivers door exactly as before.

Oh and I also have one LED failed in the rear boot brake light. LED's are supposed to have a life of at least 50,000 hours.

A

Anonymous

Just looking for a bit of help/advice with my wing mirrors.
Only noticed the other day when I was putting my gym bag in the passenger seat. When I unlocked my car the passenger wing mirror opened out, but made a god awful sound, like an old door creaking.
Has anyone experienced this issue? And from there on, is it best to get it looked at via a dealer under the warranty etc?
Thanks in advance
Chris

RCZ1

Reaction score
newton41986 said:
Just looking for a bit of help/advice with my wing mirrors.
Only noticed the other day when I was putting my gym bag in the passenger seat. When I unlocked my car the passenger wing mirror opened out, but made a god awful sound, like an old door creaking.
Has anyone experienced this issue? And from there on, is it best to get it looked at via a dealer under the warranty etc?
Thanks in advance
Chris

Yes, sounds like the first signs.

A

Anonymous

Yet again, another great response from Peugeot (after Peugeot Group messaged me)
Standard problem, so waiting for new ones to be delivered, sprayed Blue and then will be fitted. They also did a health check on her, and gave her a sparkly wash too! :thumbup:

Hatman

Reaction score
Had mine replaced last week. No need to get sprayed as tecnician used original covers, don't understand why this had not been done before.

Quite surprised at how corroded the aluminium had got.

A

Anonymous

had new hubs fitted - great - well done Peugeot! - did I mention I lurve my RCZ?

A

Anonymous

I got a really prompt reply from Richard (Peugeot Group) who said he would take up the issue with my dealer.

I was going to drop in to them after that and see what they had been told (if anything). Have been kinda busy since then but decided to drop in today as I got a nail in my tyre and had a slow puncture.

I was stunned but most definitely pleasantly surprised to be told when I mentioned the mirrors that they had been delivered already and that they were just awaiting paint.

Added bonus is that they fixed the puncture!

Thanks to Richard for getting this sorted - great service!