What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wing mirrors

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
replaced mirrors have started creaking now ! grrrrr

OMG
Mine goes in next week to have the offside one replaced due to groan and the "info flash" upgrage to the front suspension, but may ask them to make sure they put some grease in the mirror to prevent re-occurance.
Anybody know if they do that anyway ?

Paul141

A

Anonymous

H12RPO said:
replaced mirrors have started creaking now ! grrrrr

Mine have too it's embarrassing just this week ... What can we do about it?

I haven't go to go through ll that hassle again have I ?

A

Anonymous

The flash is to do with the top mounts on the front suspension, I think they are plastic and they tend to knock over bumps and mine does it on left turn when getting on my drive. So mine is in at Maidstone getting the mirror done and the "info flash" done to the front suspension.
Shame is... they have given me a 107, now I thought they was trying to tempt TT owners and to add a touch of "class" to the range with a nice sporty, GOOD LOOKING model, giving owners a 107 as a loan car sort of p*sses on that idea a bit. Still will only be till Thursday afternoon, I think. But already had a couple of comments from people about "driving that for a bet ? " "was THAT the best they could do ?" So it is noticable that my RCZ is missing, to some.

Paul141

A

Anonymous

Well, that did not take long, just spoke to the Maidstone guys and I can pick up in an hour or so. So far they have been 100% over there. (107 exepted from comment)

A

Anonymous

Both my mirrors and boot spoiler are groaning I will try the WD40 fix if it works I may try this on the wife !!!!

A

Anonymous

Yup mine have started to do that too on both opening and closing. :( most displeasing. Kinda ruins the illusion of cool when you walk up to it only for it to greet you with a groan like an old door on a barn...rubbish!

A

Anonymous

babysquip said:
Both my mirrors and boot spoiler are groaning I will try the WD40 fix if it works I may try this on the wife !!!!
:text-goodpost: :lol: :lol: :lol: hope it works on her I'd try it myself. If not 3M lock tight :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just booked mine in to the dealers tried WD40 no joy so she is going in on Thursday afternoon having the handbrake done at the same time as thats groaning as well.

:(

A

Anonymous

I sprayed "spray on grease" on my spoiler, which did the trick.

A

Anonymous

My drivers side has just started to groan. Going to try the WD40 and if that doesn't work looks like a trip to the dealership :(

A

Anonymous

I thought I heard mine groan a bit the other day - it had been sat idle for about a week (in the rain!).... but it's been fine since......

A

Anonymous

BluezMaverick said:
My drivers side has just started to groan. Going to try the WD40 and if that doesn't work looks like a trip to the dealership :(

mine too :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Got my passenger one done in April, drivers side one has started to groan too :-( lets hope I don't get "hit and runned" this time taking my baby to the dealership to get her fixed!

A

Anonymous

Well its bad news had mine checked yesterday at Swansway Peugeot Chester really great guys made me very welcome and very helpful any way I have the modified mirrors on mine so they tell me that should not groan so they have contacted Peugeot about having them replaced.

Well it was nice to go to the dealers have a free cup of coffee and play in the other RCZ's in the showroom. But until I get them fixed its ear plugs and make sure no one is walking buy to hear the groans
:roll:

A

Anonymous

wing mirror motor making grinding noise. only few months old. dealer ordered me new motor and it only comes with full casing (not just wires, motor and mirror). now car has to go with new mirror to paint shop to get perfect match.... as mine is an asphalt!!!! hope there sprayer is as good as they say! sending letter of complaint to peugeot as got cooling prob too. not a happy chappy!