What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wing mirrors

Hatman

Reaction score
Truscotts of Helston swapped the caps over, they have to be taken apart to be sprayed so just swap them over!

Maybe this is just too difficult?

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Yup mine have started to do that too on both opening and closing. :( most displeasing. Kinda ruins the illusion of cool when you walk up to it only for it to greet you with a groan like an old door on a barn...rubbish!

Hats off, once again, to Peugeot :thumbup: who contacted me after reading this post and have arranged for my wing mirrors to be replaced under warranty. My RCZ goes in on Friday and I'm looking forward to my RCZ no longer groaning at me when I want to take it out! Can't stress how impressed I have been EVERY time that Peugeot have got involved.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
mrizzle said:
Yup mine have started to do that too on both opening and closing. :( most displeasing. Kinda ruins the illusion of cool when you walk up to it only for it to greet you with a groan like an old door on a barn...rubbish!

Hats off, once again, to Peugeot :thumbup: who contacted me after reading this post and have arranged for my wing mirrors to be replaced under warranty. My RCZ goes in on Friday and I'm looking forward to my RCZ no longer groaning at me when I want to take it out! Can't stress how impressed I have been EVERY time that Peugeot have got involved.

wonder if they'll read that my hubs are rusting to buggery!!!! :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

My hubs are also rusting, but I expect this is normal by the sounds of things? Is there such a peugeot car with no rust on the hubs?

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
mrizzle said:
mrizzle said:

wonder if they'll read that my hubs are rusting to buggery!!!! :eusa-think:

Fingers crossed!!

A

Anonymous

Well after quite some wait, I received a phone call from my dealer on Tuesday of last week to tell me that the mirrors were I. And promptly booked it in for the first available slot that week (Friday). Dropped the car off at the back of 0900. At 1400 I received a phone call to tell me that when they went to fit the mirrors, they realised that they hadn't ordered colour coded bumpers and they would have to now be taken to a body shop to be sprayed (although credit where it's due and the workshop manager promised that he'd personally take them that day). So had to go back to pick up my car without the mirrors having been replaced :( and will now have to repeat this caper again at another point. Another fantastic waste of my time and fuel and ANOTHER black mark for my local dealership... *sigh*

A

Anonymous

Had my offside replace by the dealer in Maidstone a bit back, now the bloody nearside has started to do it !
I am going to (when time allows) clean up and paint the rusty hubs, as if they replace the discs/hub bit you can see, it will only go the same or maybe worse !

Davie

Reaction score
My car has done 13000 miles,have had to have both mirrors replaced,nearside groaning and sticking again,dealer has ordered new mirror.
Just a tip,make sure the mirror is painted from factory.My car was in dealers for two days,they had to paint mirror.

A

Anonymous

Re: wing mirror shambles

Yes, i was told by my local dealer that i had the mod fitted at my first annual service. I was also told i had to make a return journey to have new mirrors fitted, due to the noise and judder that was present.
On the return visit i was told they would not be fitting replacements as the previous mod had fixed the problem.
BUT....Could i contact Peugeot customer service directly for a full explanation.
Why i dont know.
When i rang the customer service number, i was told no modification existed for the RCZ mirrors, and i had to drive back to my local service centre when the noise and judder returned, so a senior technician could witness the problem.

By the way i still get the stains from the mirrors after it has been washed or if it rains, and they still make a horrible noise and judder.

The whole peugeot experience is a shambles, obviously the main agent Peugeot dealer and the national peugeot customer help line just don't stack up together.
This set up is just not professional, and ultimately this will be my first and last experience of buying a peugeot.

A

Anonymous

The "MOD" that we all hear about is basically the technician, reshaping and playing around with one of the seals to allow water to run away from the internal mechanism., he then replaces any affected/corroded mechanism, and then puts everything back together, unless however you have a complete mirror replaced, in which case it would of been supplied in the correct colour or would be painted for a colour match, but very possibly not opened up to correct the offending seal, as just replacing a complete mirror is the quickest option.

From what I've been told there's NOT a new designed seal or mechanism, and even the newest model Z's are using the original design and parts. :thumbdown:

I guess time will tell if this "mod" on the seal works. :eusa-think:

I still find it odd that the majority of Z's with this problem are getting different forms of repair, ie: some will just have complete mirrors swapped over and then there are others that will have the mechanisms taken out of the old mirror and changed then have a new the seal fitted and "modified", but still everything then re-assembled using the original casing.
(Personally this is my favoured choice of fix)

Each dealer seems to go about solving this fault in a different way..........WHY ............. :eusa-think:

Surely there should be a standard fix authorised by Peugeot that ALL dealers stick to, maybe there's a lack of feedback informing some dealers on how to sort this problem ?
But after 2 years of ongoing warranty claims by many owners it's about time Peugeot finally sorted this out, just replacing mirrors or doing "hold your breath" mods on bits and pieces is not the answer. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I've just spent 2 hours removing some suspicious looking white residue lines from under both mirrors, whats more worrying is that these are new mirrors, replaced just a few months ago. :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

jactac said:
I've just spent 2 hours removing some suspicious looking white residue lines from under both mirrors, whats more worrying is that these are new mirrors, replaced just a few months ago. :eusa-think:

Kerry :thumbup: they use this white LUBE now for all moving parts on any car even on my focus,so maybe its this dripping down from the wing mirrors,its a kinda wax

A

Anonymous

Maybe Jass, good call. :thumbup:
I'm just a bit concerned it could be the start of the new mirror mechanisms already starting to corrode . :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

When my mirrors were changed they did exactly the same thing for some time. I'm pleased to report that they did stop after several weeks and washes and the same creaking had never returned so don't worry too much Jactac!!

A

Anonymous

Hi

Anyone know how to open upp the wing mirror??

I have to replace mine after it been smashed :(.

Have a replacement top of wing mirror (glass motor and cover).

Hope some can help me.

Regards Peren

A

Anonymous

Hello,

does anybody know how I can disable the automatically folding of the wing mirrors every time when I look the car.

Now, in germany the cold icy winter will come and I don't want to damage the electric engines in the mirrors when they are frozen.

Many thanks for your answers

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I don't think there is a way to disable this feature short of finding and removing the fuse that relates to the mirrors electrics.
I have checked the vehicle parameters in the settings, and there is no option for this that I can find :eusa-think: