What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

wing mirrors

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys, I took my car into the dealers this morning and did what jactac requested and asked to see the mirror arms before fitting. The service manager was taken aback but relented to my request. After a few minutes a nice chap came out holding 2 large boxes. We set about opening one of the boxes and it was full of many plastic parts covered in bubble wrap. After un-wrapping the main mirror stalk it would appear that the offending metal parts have been removed and replaced with plastic parts. The only metal I could see of any size was the inside of the mirror stalk which fits through the door panel. It was at this point I noticed that none of the mirrors outer parts were the same colour as my car. The mirrors have to be painted to match the colour of my car. The garage is in the process of doing this. However, I could not leave my car with the garage as I have an appointment with a man from Autoglass tomorrow. Next instalment coming soon. :sleeping-yellow: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

These mirror arms need to be painted inside as well. This is the part that causes all the trouble.

A

Anonymous

This is a photo of the mirror stalk fix. :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

I asked my dealership to check my wing mirrors whilst my RCZ was in for them to look at the dpf warning fault. I even took the photographs from the forum etc and they would not even look at the photo's. I have been told that all Peugeot wing mirrors do the same and it is not a problem! My paintwork gets badly stained by the aluminium oxidisation every time I wash the car or it rains. I will be calling Peugeot customer services to see what they have to say.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
I asked my dealership to check my wing mirrors whilst my RCZ was in for them to look at the dpf warning fault. I even took the photographs from the forum etc and they would not even look at the photo's. I have been told that all Peugeot wing mirrors do the same and it is not a problem! My paintwork gets badly stained by the aluminium oxidisation every time I wash the car or it rains. I will be calling Peugeot customer services to see what they have to say.
I'm afraid that you have been on the receiving end of the usual poor service provided by the main stealers :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Hart said:
I'm afraid that you have been on the receiving end of the usual poor service provided by the main stealers :thumbdown:

Yes, unfortunately that is a common problem in this country. This is my first Peugeot and i have not been impressed with the dealerships (I have dealt with three and they have all been pretty poor). My previous Renault dealer was superb, so there are some good ones around.

Peugeot UK need to up their game and ensure that the dealerships give decent customer support.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
Peugeot UK need to up their game and ensure that the dealerships give decent customer support.
Don't hold your breath will you. It's all down to people at the end of the day. Good ones can turn up at any dealership it is not marque dependant. But why would Peugeot UK give a damn as they compete with the competition on cars not on service. I reckon that they must have all sat in a smoked filled room and agreed that good service was not to become a priority. As none of them seem to give a hoot about how we the customers view them, just so long as we continue to require new cars, we have no option but to continue to be treated so appallingly.

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
Hart said:
Don't hold your breath will you. It's all down to people at the end of the day. Good ones can turn up at any dealership it is not marque dependant. But why would Peugeot UK give a damn as they compete with the competition on cars not on service. I reckon that they must have all sat in a smoked filled room and agreed that good service was not to become a priority. As none of them seem to give a hoot about how we the customers view them, just so long as we continue to require new cars, we have no option but to continue to be treated so appallingly.

Even though I love my RCZ, I will not buy another Peugeot. Once bitten etc. If I could find a good dealership I would change my mind, but sadly there do not appear to be any in Warwickshire. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

I wrote a scathing letter to the MD and Peugeot. My dealer are now bending over backwards........

My mirrors are in for replacement tomorrow.

A

Anonymous

i've also had my car in today over a 'milky' substance running from my drivers side mirror. it was dealt with without any fuss. my dealer stated that peugeot had instantly approved a new mirror and one has been ordered. great service.
sorry to read that others haven't had such plain sailing.

A

Anonymous

Credit where credit is due, Peugeot customer services contacted me directly today and my wing mirrors are being replaced on Thursday next week. They contacted me directly after reading my comments on the forum and arranged for the work to be carried out by the dealership I bought my RCZ from.

That for me shows excellent customer service and proves that Peugeot do care about their customers.

:thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Just picked up on this tread and I am having the same problems. It's quite difficult to see them on the Opal White. Also it's been 2 weeks since I highlighted to the dealer the fogging up of the reverse lights after washing and when it rains. I think a strongly worded email...

A

Anonymous

Hi all, I had my new mirrors fitted last week. As I was waiting for my car to return from the valet, the service manager allowed me to inspect one of the old mirrors before they were sent back to Peugeot HQ. What a sight. The internal metalwork looked like it was covered in fungus. This of course was the corrosion damage, and when he tipped the mirror, a load of white powder fell out of the indicator aperture. Not a pretty sight; a definite problem for now and the future if this does not get addressed properly. No, I am not a drug dealer. :lol: :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

My wing mirrors were supposed to be replaced last Wednesday. I did tell the dealership that the mirrors needed painting, but they did not believe me. They assured be that the wing mirror covers just clipped on and off! Guess what, they now have to get my new wing mirrors painted at the body shop. Still waiting a week on. :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
My wing mirrors were supposed to be replaced last Wednesday. I did tell the dealership that the mirrors needed painting, but they did not believe me. They assured be that the wing mirror covers just clipped on and off! Guess what, they now have to get my new wing mirrors painted at the body shop. Still waiting a week on. :thumbdown:
Typical crap service from the main dealerships. Their product knowledge is diabolical. How do they get away with it?

A

Anonymous

To be fair, the service guys at the dealership are excellent. I can't complain at how they deal with the problems. I'm more disappointed with the number of irratating issues that the RCZ has.

A

Anonymous

Hart said:
I'm more disappointed with the number of irratating issues that the RCZ has.

Unfortunately these "irratating issues" are not isolated either, and you are not on you're own in being disappointed. :(

A

Anonymous

Hi all :wave:
just add some high octane fuel to the fire,currently having an issue when closing opening lock's the wing mirrors move into close and open position,they now sound awful horrible squeaking that sound's naff and cheap,can you imagine what people must be saying when listening :wtf:
My dealer was visited due to another issue,they listened and agreed it needed looking at,and sprayed it with lubrication :eusa-think:
Yes quick cure indeed,but as you can imagine week later if that,it sound's exactly the same :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

RCZ 200 thp, my car is 20 weeks old & I have not had any problems with mirrors or anything else.