What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Tyres - Costs and What make ?

RCZ-R

Reaction score
pete.garratt said:
I have to say the front Goodyears on my R were starting to look a little 'tired' (sorry) after about 10000 miles & I would say I enjoy the performance but don't go mad.

After a great offer from Tyre Leader, I'm running MPSSs all round in the summer. Will keep an eye on the tread depth to see how they wear.

So far, they seem similar to the Eagles, throwing up just as much rubbish from the road. Generally, the Eagles & MPSSs seem stickier/softer than the Continentals and, when you look at them always seem to have much more grit from the road embedded in the tread. Guess this is what you get with a more performance oriented tyre.

Thanks Pete for the feedback on those MPSS!
Sounds interesting. I also already drove off the GY (it took them about 12000 miles to wear off on the fronts and both rear tyres caught screws in them, so they need to be replaced too) and I'm considering the michelin too. Conti are way too hard for the RCZ, I don't like them at all.

How are the michelin in wet? I mean really wet conditions.

Cause the GY are great in wet on the RCZ. And in dry conditions too. As described by RCZ-Performance here, they are a great all rounder and cover 99% the needs of an RCZ driver. Even when going really really fast. Only on track you need another rubber.

Thanks!

PS: I'm close to 30.000 miles on my R :)

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi all :greetings-wavingblue:
Frances your to be both commended and chastised ,,firstly for staring such a vibrant well participated post and the latter for stating that you got FOUR new MPSS tyres in one breath and then disclosing that you won't have them long as you have an R' on order thus dictating I've gotta locate your Z' & secretly swap over my punctured MPSS as soon as .....TEASE !! :lol:

neilgsxr69 ..nice picture and how could I not remember the air box vacuum pipes of the H2 as cosmetically they told the world that the bike was serious and had an urgent need for forced cold air to breathe all the way to the red line and beyond !! :twisted: As for the 'triple' you're right in that its a compromise between an inline 4 and a twin so you kinda get the best of both especially when housed in road ridden Supersports!. Oh and I noticed the red painted swing arm and red accents on gear shift, suspension linkage etc The MV F3 was full of electronic gizzmo tech that left its fuelling etc in a bad way and being a two stroke fan like Casey Stoner I don't like all this wizardry thats being force fed ,,BUT the bike does look good even if its no match for the Daytona of course !! :eusa-shhh: leenineplus ,,another Z' owning bike lover with a passion for twins if you know what I mean :dance:

RCZ/1 ,,you mention that you've always liked 'white' BUT you didn't specify whether you like pearl or solid best which as we all know is as big a can of worms as 'tyres' with the two factions of white coloured Z's passionately debated it in the past! At the end of the day Dolphin Blue is both the colour of the sea and gods skies and every other colour falls in-between you could say! :lol:

pete.garratt having read through many tyre reviews it appears that as tyre sizes have got bigger, longevity has got shorter regardless of how we all drive. Tyre reviews use to actively quote mileage expectancy BUT nowadays like farting in public its considered rude to mention it so it seems :lol:

.the big blue (..OOPS, pardon me) :oops:

renegade79

Reaction score
RCZ-R said:
pete.garratt said:
I have to say the front Goodyears on my R were starting to look a little 'tired' (sorry) after about 10000 miles & I would say I enjoy the performance but don't go mad.

After a great offer from Tyre Leader, I'm running MPSSs all round in the summer. Will keep an eye on the tread depth to see how they wear.

So far, they seem similar to the Eagles, throwing up just as much rubbish from the road. Generally, the Eagles & MPSSs seem stickier/softer than the Continentals and, when you look at them always seem to have much more grit from the road embedded in the tread. Guess this is what you get with a more performance oriented tyre.

Thanks Pete for the feedback on those MPSS!
Sounds interesting. I also already drove off the GY (it took them about 12000 miles to wear off on the fronts and both rear tyres caught screws in them, so they need to be replaced too) and I'm considering the michelin too. Conti are way too hard for the RCZ, I don't like them at all.

How are the michelin in wet? I mean really wet conditions.

Cause the GY are great in wet on the RCZ. And in dry conditions too. As described by RCZ-Performance here, they are a great all rounder and cover 99% the needs of an RCZ driver. Even when going really really fast. Only on track you need another rubber.

Thanks!

PS: I'm close to 30.000 miles on my R :)

30000 hard miles :lol:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
30000 hard miles :lol:

indeed, indeed. got already the front brakes replaced (discs + pads, two times). she is running like on fire :greetings-wavingblue:

A

Anonymous

the big blue said:
Frances your to be both commended and chastised ,,firstly for staring such a vibrant well participated post and the latter for stating that you got FOUR new MPSS tyres in one breath and then disclosing that you won't have them long as you have an R' on order thus dictating I've gotta locate your Z' & secretly swap over my punctured MPSS as soon as .....TEASE !! :lol:

neilgsxr69 ..nice picture and how could I not remember the air box vacuum pipes of the H2 as cosmetically they told the world that the bike was serious and had an urgent need for forced cold air to breathe all the way to the red line and beyond !! :twisted: As for the 'triple' you're right in that its a compromise between an inline 4 and a twin so you kinda get the best of both especially when housed in road ridden Supersports!. Oh and I noticed the red painted swing arm and red accents on gear shift, suspension linkage etc The MV F3 was full of electronic gizzmo tech that left its fuelling etc in a bad way and being a two stroke fan like Casey Stoner I don't like all this wizardry thats being force fed ,,BUT the bike does look good even if its no match for the Daytona of course !! :eusa-shhh: leenineplus ,,another Z' owning bike lover with a passion for twins if you know what I mean :dance:

RCZ/1 ,,you mention that you've always liked 'white' BUT you didn't specify whether you like pearl or solid best which as we all know is as big a can of worms as 'tyres' with the two factions of white coloured Z's passionately debated it in the past! At the end of the day Dolphin Blue is both the colour of the sea and gods skies and every other colour falls in-between you could say! :lol:

pete.garratt having read through many tyre reviews it appears that as tyre sizes have got bigger, longevity has got shorter regardless of how we all drive. Tyre reviews use to actively quote mileage expectancy BUT nowadays like farting in public its considered rude to mention it so it seems :lol:

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 4,515

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi leenineplus :greetings-wavingblue:

nice picture (& i note the change in exhaust from you profile pic!) ...and without even seeing the bikes' face its obvious that the machine can hold its own and is up for a fight against anything that dare go past it on the public highways :thumbup:

Great to see bikers have found homes in RCZ's BUT retain the most ultimate freedom too :beer:

.the big blue (..Now tell me more about your passion for twins OR have i misinterpreted your real passion??) :lol:

neilgsxr69

Staff member
Reaction score
leenineplus said:
the big blue said:

Hi,The big Blue,
Well spotted about the red swing arm etc in fact vertualy all the alloy, and steel was powder coated candy red, gloss black, gold every fastener was changed for stainless too even them Hoover pipes were powdered gold! Cost me a fortune! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

the big blue said:
Hi leenineplus :greetings-wavingblue:

nice picture (& i note the change in exhaust from you profile pic!) ...and without even seeing the bikes' face its obvious that the machine can hold its own and is up for a fight against anything that dare go past it on the public highways :thumbup:

Great to see bikers have found homes in RCZ's BUT retain the most ultimate freedom too :beer:

.the big blue (..Now tell me more about your passion for twins OR have i misinterpreted your real passion??) :lol:

Hi Bigblue

Yes my passion is bikes and has only ever been since I was 17. The bike is quick, front wheel up in the first three gears with ease, traction control etc. This one needs anti wheelie as some bikes get nowadays! It was my wife who wanted the RCZ when they originally came out. I decided on getting one as they do look stunning. Also drives and handles brilliantly. I could give bike a run for its money lol on some of our twisty roads. The re-tune with the tuning box has made a huge difference in its performance though.

the big blue

Reaction score
Hi leenineplus' and all the other bikers out there too !! :greetings-wavingblue:

,,just to say that the Z' is an original and unique car that I'm sure for most owners still gets that obligatory 2nd or even 3rd glance when you park up and walk away (especially Frances as my punctured MPSS is holding up BUT for how much longer who knows and your ordered RCZ-R means you won't need those FOUR MPSS's!!) :twisted: ..HOWEVER now that we are blessed with summer sun there is nothing that quite captures the ultimate freedom and harmony of man/woman and machine in perfect harmony than a motorbike bouncing off the rev limiter in a way that cars can only imagine :thumbup:

.the big blue (..yeah I said it because "once a biker always a biker" even when you have a Z' to detail and play in ,,and Double Take !) :beer:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Just ordered 2 Hankook Evo2 K117 from Tyreleader. £256 delivered. (Fitting extra). :eusa-think:

For same tyres, Peugeot dealer quoted £204 PER TYRE with discount!!!!!!! :eek: :shock:

Ironic thing is, I'm having them delivered to the Peugeot dealer for fitting :lol:

Reaction score
I've used tyresonthedrive a few times. Good price and fitted at home.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Mine's at my dealer today for some warranty work but it's also getting new front boots while it's there. I've used Black Circles though rather than pay the extortionate price my dealer wanted to charge me even though it'll be the same fitters. £254, fitted, for a pair of Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's seemed reasonable to me from Black Circles. I'm on 18s which helps I'm sure!

I didn't do much in the way of price comparison with other tyre suppliers seeing as my dealer is one of the Black Circles partner garages so I could get tyres and warranty work done in one go...and at least I won't have to worry about how they jack it up :!:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
That's exactly why I chose the Pug dealer as my chosen fitter. They were (surprise suprise) more expensive than any of the other local fitters available, but at least I know they always use a four point lift, and any damage is of course down to them.

Guess what, they have now told me that the tracking is out due to the wear pattern on the front tyres, and needs checking and adjusting. They can do it when they fit the tyres, for only £34.99 :crazy:

renegade79

Reaction score
DKZ5745 said:
Just ordered 2 Hankook Evo2 K117 from Tyreleader. £256 delivered. (Fitting extra). :eusa-think:

For same tyres, Peugeot dealer quoted £204 PER TYRE with discount!!!!!!! :eek: :shock:

Ironic thing is, I'm having them delivered to the Peugeot dealer for fitting :lol:
interesting choice in tyres and a good price too - let us know how you get on with them :thumbup:

incidentally, are they the two new tyres that are replacing the "illegal ones"? :eusa-whistle:
what are you running on the rears? Conti's??

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I prefer the term, "slick" to "illegal" :eusa-shhh:

Yes they are going on the front, the rears must be mainly off the ground round corners, cos they are still like new Contis.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
The ratings on the Hankook were better than any of the other "premium" brand tyres C,A,B. Also reviews seemed to be pretty good.
Went for the standard 235 40 19's in the end. Getting them on either tomorrow or Friday, so skulking round with loads of tyre black on at the moment, looking like I've got 4 brand new boots :lol:

A

Anonymous

Got my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's on now (front only) and they're a big improvement over the Conti's for comfort and noise, even with the original Conti's still on the rear. Can't speak to grip levels yet because I'm still bedding them in. The annoying pull to the left I have had from new has all but disappeared too, result!

Dealer had insisted the tracking was ok and the pull was because wide tyres follow the camber of the road more aggressively...and yet new tyres has had a dramatic effect in reducing it. Makes me wonder if I had a faulty Conti all along or if they're simply more prone to following road camber.

Other than longevity (21k from my fronts) I would not recommend the Conti's and I am glad to be on the quiet, comfortable and straight running Goodyear's now :lol:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
I had the occasional "pull" but it wasn't always to one side, so I realised it was because of the tyre profile rather than an issue with the car.
Mine have done just over 19K before they gave in. Just waiting for Tyreleader to deliver the Hankook's to Wakefield so I can get them on. I might just have to turn the traction control off on the way to have them fitted, no worries if I smoke the old Contis one last time :lol:
Must remember not to take the OH, she always asks why are we in such a hurry :eusa-whistle:

RCZ-R

Reaction score
stevebasshead said:
Got my Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2's on now (front only) and they're a big improvement over the Conti's for comfort and noise, even with the original Conti's still on the rear. Can't speak to grip levels yet because I'm still bedding them in. The annoying pull to the left I have had from new has all but disappeared too, result!

Dealer had insisted the tracking was ok and the pull was because wide tyres follow the camber of the road more aggressively...and yet new tyres has had a dramatic effect in reducing it. Makes me wonder if I had a faulty Conti all along or if they're simply more prone to following road camber.

Other than longevity (21k from my fronts) I would not recommend the Conti's and I am glad to be on the quiet, comfortable and straight running Goodyear's now :lol:

great to read those words from you. I've been always saying that the Conti is the wrong tire for the RCZ, way too hard on side walls.
The GY is a great pick for the RCZ. You'll enjoy the tyre and its comfort :greetings-wavingblue: