What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R wanted

coldel

Reaction score
It’s the LSD that I’m after, you need smart mechs on higher power FWD.

Have to say I’m excited about having a comfy sports car…you realise how hardcore an Elise chassis car is when you try something else!

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score
I have a black one, now with 24,800 miles on it. FPSH and bought from a Peugeot main dealer, although they were terrible. Have since taken it elsewhere. It is immaculate. I have just fitted a new set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tyres to it. Car is garaged and cosseted and no expense spared. I would not part with it for less than £17-18k. If you genuinely want something then sometimes you have to get the best you can find at that time. I would pay a little more if something is genuinely good otherwise you risk losing it because you were too tight. I've learned this a few times with other cars and bikes that I really regret not buying. It doesn't happen often but when it does it hurts a little especially if you would have paid what it eventually sold for. When things are good and rare you are obviously going to pay more. Simple supply and demand. I take the view it is better to be enjoying something than dreaming about it. Obviously you don't pay stupid money but some times you just have to pay the going rate.

coldel

Reaction score
Its OK this isn't my first rodeo, I have been buying and selling cars for 25+ years - my super power when it comes to cars is that I don't let my heart rule my head, never have I walked away from a car and ended up getting one further down the line that left me regretting the one I left behind. I am quite happy to sit and wait months before getting the right one, its my hard earned, and it stays in my pocket until I decide I want to part with it.

E.C.Ewe

Reaction score
Its OK this isn't my first rodeo, I have been buying and selling cars for 25+ years - my super power when it comes to cars is that I don't let my heart rule my head, never have I walked away from a car and ended up getting one further down the line that left me regretting the one I left behind. I am quite happy to sit and wait months before getting the right one, its my hard earned, and it stays in my pocket until I decide I want to part with it.
Easy tiger. You are the one who has started a thread indicating you are looking to buy an RCZ R and presumably are encouraging people to give you advice, comment or indeed sell you the car you dream of. Glad to hear you work hard, but so do most other people myself included. Before you start casting negative aspersions about others' hearts ruling their heads in buying cars or anything else, implying they pay more than they should, just go easy on people giving their advice to you for free. I like you spend my money how I like and don't like paying more than I have to. You might not like the advice given, but you could at least be a little less abrasive and have a little more humility. Manners cost nothing. RCZ Rs are rare cars and even rarer if you want a good one and because of this you will pay more when you find the car you want to buy if it is a good one. Good luck with your search.

coldel

Reaction score
No negative aspersions made. No implications that others pay more than they should. Apologies if that's how it came across. Kerr has been brilliant on this thread for example, other individuals less so with some condescending comments which I have just let pass. I made what was meant a tongue in cheek comment about a super power, to lighten the comment. All it is actually it is that I'm just patient with my car searches, and this shouldn't be confused with being tight, nor being unwilling to pay for something I want at a going rate. If that takes months, that's absolutely fine with me. I would rather wait for the right one, than just take one because of a heart over head decision. Thats just me, talking about me, not about anyone else.

Last edited:

coldel

Reaction score
Morning check of all my shortcuts and I see that the grey R went. Private sale black 85k miler down to 12k too.

Kerr

Reaction score
A new red one is up on Autotrader. It's another at a very strong price.

I don't like it when the wheels are a solid colour. The wheel design doesn't look good and it makes them look smaller.

It took me a second to work out the last picture. I'm not sure that a Race Chip adds anything to the desirability or value.

coldel

Reaction score
Agree on the wheels, they got it spot on with the original design and colour

Kerr

Reaction score
It's not one I've seen before it came up for sale this time.

The log book was last issued early September. It's changed hands recently. Could be honest reasons, could be something else.

The front brake discs look very worn. A main dealer should be sorting the brakes.

The wheels have been recently refurbished. I'd bet those Bridgestone tyres are part worns. They are too old for the mileage and one of the most common tyre to pop up part worn. Someone has been doing things on the cheap.

Watching the video look at the roof arches above the rear window. It looks as if it's bulging at the edges.

The advert states the MOT is until 15/1/22 and emphasize MOT insurance included. When would a main dealer ever sell a car with 2 months MOT?

Am I too suspicious that it'll fail the MOT in 2 months and try to claim the brakes off the insurance policy?

coldel

Reaction score
Thanks Kerr, i owe you a beer once I get one of these and go to a meet, make sure you call me out on it !

I had a chat with the dealer and he claims pads are at 7mm and only 0.75mm off the original width of the discs. It has some carbon fibre covers bonded to the wing mirrors which I am not a fan of, but was willing to put up with and fix at some point.

I pushed him on price and he dropped pretty quickly. Its been listed for about 20 days or so now I think.

Kerr

Reaction score
You wouldn't be offering me a beer if you know what I drink. 😀

I skimmed my old discs at the start of Coronavirus. The C hooks were still visible at minimum thickness. It might be the pictures, but they look in the same condition. Around about 50k miles is the time for replacement on a average driven car.

The very short MOT is big alarm bells.

If you can get them to do some work, and the price is good, then I wouldn't rule it out. The Peugeot warranty is appealing.

Kerr

Reaction score
I'd say an average driven car is around 50k miles.

indoldn

Reaction score
Based on various posts, when you get your R ensure that the pistons have been changed to stainless steel rather than the original mild stainless steel which is likely to seize.

Godspeed sell upgraded pistons and seals.

If I am not mistaken they would refurbished the calipers for around £500.

Kerr

Reaction score
The private sale car with 85k miles has dropped in price again. It's now £11,250.

The owner has updated the advert since I last read it. It looks like the car has had a lot of money spent on it.

Kerr

Reaction score
Any further forward?

Another low mile car at £21k is up on Autotrader.

The white one at just under £17k is new. It's got the Matt carbon roof. I'm not sure if that's the one that was up for sale a couple of months ago. The driver's seat looks a bit too tired for the mileage.

The car with the graphics has gone again. Has it finally found an owner? 😀

Last edited: