What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R wanted

coldel

Reaction score
Totally running into the money that puts it into competition with German marques. TTRS money. I’m sure they are just trying it on and hoping for a bite.

Flanners

Reaction score
Totally running into the money that puts it into competition with German marques. TTRS money. I’m sure they are just trying it on and hoping for a bite.
Why shouldn't it...there have been a fair few that have sold at the £17-18k point?

Last edited:

coldel

Reaction score
Do we know the buyers paid that much? Confirmation on what they were bought for?

I guess this will be an interesting one to watch…see how it does.

Flanners

Reaction score
Jeez. Do you know they didn't then?

Watch what? A Red R sold a few weeks back for a recent example of pricing at Yeoman's for £18K I spoke to the Sales chap....so yeh they do go for that much or no they don't and the pricing is all a Trade conspiracy and because they are a Peugeot and not an Audi they are utter shite and should be cheap as chips not with the over inflated prices. OK.

coldel

Reaction score
Woah there! I was saying that because a car is advertised at a certain price doesn't mean they sold at it - which is a very rational observation. I'm not an Audi fan by any means I love to buy cars much more out of the mainstream, but when you see the price of a car up significantly you have to contend with potential buyers considering other options that otherwise at a lower price were not an option, an Audi TTRS is an incredible piece of kit for the same money as that RCZ R at £20k.

So yes, as someone who likes the RCZ R, I think it will be interesting to watch the ads that have gone with strong money and see how they move over the coming weeks, or if they sell quickly, as it will give an indication of the market and where I need to be thinking in terms of what I can get for my budget I have set.

Is that OK?

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
The Audi TTRS around the price of RCZ R are 5-6 years older.

It's got a lovely engine, but it's not a good car to drive.

coldel

Reaction score
Aye I am not in any way shape of form promoting one over the other - only that at the higher price points, buyers will have more options, therefore you have to look that bit harder at it. I do though feel for the person if they throw £20k this week at exactly the same car they could have bought probably for under £15k last week.

For the record, I am looking forwards to getting in an RCZ R (just in case my comments above are misconstrued to doubting their credentials) I think they look fantastic and am really keen to see how the FWD ownership tallies up to the RWD and AWD ownership I have had over the last 15 years or so.

Kerr

Reaction score
All car prices are inflated at the moment. We will see correction once things are back to normal. The R will be a future classic given the rarity. It is a good car that also looks the part. I don't see prices slumping.

The R does drive well. If you're not used to FWD you'll probably be a bit surprised how well it grips and handles. The LSD makes such a difference how the car puts the power down and gets the car out of corners.

I miss RWD cars and FWD is different, but it's still a fun car.

coldel

Reaction score
Its the Torsen diff I am looking forwards to playing with, see how much you can push on in corners without understeer, the reviews online look impressive.

I am just looking forwards to air con, ABS, power steering, comfy seats and not having to climb in and out of the car on my hands and knees if I am being honest lol

apple3337

Reaction score
The seats are surprisingly low. I push off the seat base to get out. I used to push on the bolster, but it will tear if you do that. And I'm no spring chicken at 60 :cool:

coldel

Reaction score
It does look low, but the VX220 is a whole different ball game the roof top is about knee high and the sills are about 18 feet across. The only way to get in was stick a foot in, point your backside in the general direction of the seat and let gravity take over. Dignified, it was not lol Getting out when you were parked on a camber in the road and fighting the camber was literally like climbing a wall!

I guess its all relative, compared to what I had it will be like getting into a van 👍:D

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm a big guy and have zero issues with the R. It's nothing like getting in a VX220.

The only thing I have to do is dip my head a little when at a junction when having to look past 90 degrees.

Forget using the rear seats unless your passengers are missing a head and legs.

coldel

Reaction score
One of the reasons Ive arrived at an R is because I want something four seats so I can stick my 9 year old in the back. Only for like one hour journeys nothing drastic. Should be enough room in the back for him to play on his ipad for an hour!

apple3337

Reaction score
If your 9 y.o. is in the back, I reckon they will have to be behind the front passenger seat with it pushed forward. It's very tight back there!

Dingers

Reaction score
It does look low, but the VX220 is a whole different ball game the roof top is about knee high and the sills are about 18 feet across. The only way to get in was stick a foot in, point your backside in the general direction of the seat and let gravity take over. Dignified, it was not lol Getting out when you were parked on a camber in the road and fighting the camber was literally like climbing a wall!

I guess its all relative, compared to what I had it will be like getting into a van 👍:D
Just like a Mk.1 Elise then - great handling, but a pain to get out of ! 😅

Kerr

Reaction score
One of the reasons Ive arrived at an R is because I want something four seats so I can stick my 9 year old in the back. Only for like one hour journeys nothing drastic. Should be enough room in the back for him to play on his ipad for an hour!

As Apple says it's very tight back there. There is no legroom unless the front seats are pushed forward. The rear windscreen curves in leaving little headroom. It isn't going to be comfortable for a 9 year old in the back.

I'd be going to check out an RCZ before waiting for an R to come along.

Last edited:

coldel

Reaction score
Aye fair shout, I might go look at a normal one locally at a dealer.

RCZ-R

Reaction score
The back seats work with kids on them up to about 9-10 years old. Depends on how fast they grow.
I did few long hauls into the Alps with 2 or sometime 3 kids in the R. One 6 year old and another 7 in the back and the 12 year old on the passenger seat. They never complained.

coldel

Reaction score
Thanks, I am thinking he will be fine for short haul up to one hour trips, he is 135cm tall - I think it should be fine, he will be on his iPad the whole time anyway lol