What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R wanted

coldel

Reaction score
Yes saw decals disappear, maybe its sold maybe not! The owner was chatting on FB with me, I think its a good car for the money but the white wheels (where the white didnt match the bodywork) and decals was always going to put me off, refurbing the wheels would have cost a small fortune.

Spoke to the dealer with the carbon roof, slightly out of my budget and they wont move (they said they NEVER sell any car below advertised price) so that's off the list.

The £20k red one has also disappeared.

indoldn

Reaction score
Yes saw decals disappear, maybe its sold maybe not! The owner was chatting on FB with me, I think its a good car for the money but the white wheels (where the white didnt match the bodywork) and decals was always going to put me off, refurbing the wheels would have cost a small fortune.

Spoke to the dealer with the carbon roof, slightly out of my budget and they wont move (they said they NEVER sell any car below advertised price) so that's off the list.

The £20k red one has also disappeared.
Assuming you can still diamond cut the wheels a place near me do them for £95+VAT/wheel incl fitting and balancing or £55+VAT for powder coating.

Did you see the black one on FB group wanted and for sale page? 15 plate, 36,003 miles with transferrable Peugeot warranty for £16k?

coldel

Reaction score
Yes I was thinking £500 for the wheels alone. And yes saw that ad, had a conversation, wont be pursuing.

apple3337

Reaction score
How many miles on the 21K car? That's almost more than what the Aussie cars were getting! Mind you, it's hard to tell here since there's none for sale...:D

Kerr

Reaction score
The latest car for sale has 166,000 miles.

I'm sure that was someone on here who owned that one before.

coldel

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that one it’s 2 miles from me. Strange as I’ve never seen it on the road. That’s a great advert for the longevity though, that even highly strung engines if cared for can started going up to moon miles

indoldn

Reaction score
I am also guessing that is misterx's R, guess he eventually decided to part with it It had to happen at some point. New engine required....
I do wonder how much the dealer paid for it. Guessing it may need new front discs and at 166k miles could potentially do with suspension refreshed, etc. The one for £11k could be good value if all the recent work checked out.

I should really test drive one as I keep thinking may be I should get one. Still a bit upset for missing out on what looks to be the bargain R of the decades back in Sept 2019 but nothing I could have done :(

I do love my THP200 and thinking perhaps when the clutch goes I'll fit an LSD, upgrade the suspension etc and then I go back to might as well get an R!

coldel

Reaction score
I agree, I think once you throw thousands at the car doing that work, and then come any sale time find you cannot recover the money, you are better off (if you have the funds) to go for the R which will only depreciate with the miles.

Its coming into buyers season now as well for sports cars, the Rs on sale at the moment have all been up a fair time now whereas back in Aug/Sept they were going literally the same week they were advertised. I am sure there is some negotiation to be had with dealers who don't want the car sitting on the forecourt till spring next year.

Kerr

Reaction score
The low mileage car has gone now.

There has been a large turn over of RCZ Rs over the last 6-12 months. Before there could be weeks between 1 being available. The last while there's consistently been 8-12 available all the time.

A large proportion of the <300 cars have changed hands in the last year. I do think the low mileage cars are going to be stored away.

Flanners

Reaction score
I reckon no more than a third of R's have changed hands this year if that be good to see the stats though, along with several being written off; buyers seem to be willing to pay top money for the two main factors low mileage and condition or maybe 3...not purchasing via a private sale.

R's in a decent colour (red seem sought after usually selling much quicker than either white or black examples) without modifications, fsh and with the OE diamond cut wheel finish etc. It also seems a fair few punters as we have seen are willing to pay the top money to buy via the trade e,g recently with a car that didn't sell privately (which was a bargain) then sold for £000s more via a Dealer.

We were talking about price increases a year or so ago, prices have continued to climb way beyond what we were discussing at that time for both trade and private sales and some are selling/marketed at £5K+ more than the top price then, now £20-21K. The depreciation curve for decent examples is long gone that seemed to be the end of 2019 early 2020 when prices were rock bottom at £9-12K the R has since then climbed and even with a possible Winter sweetener (though decent examples are still selling) for the examples that won't shift easily (mileage mods or condition) values won't fall to that low level again even with a future economic market adjustment and will continue to remain strong for a low mileage car that ticks all the boxes. I reckon the top examples are not purchased as primary cars and being stored, part of collections and/or Summer garage Queens.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm finding the private sale situation worrying. All the private sales that have come up have struggled to sell. Many have ended up at dealers or not changed hands. Not all the dealers have asked much more than the private sale figure. They haven't paid the private seller their asking price as they aren't working on margins that small.

I do see the offers from places like WBAC have improved a lot. I just checked a couple and they are offering £13,000 for a 2015 car with 38k miles. The offers were awful last time I looked.

Value of all cars have soared in recent times. Anything interesting has jumped far too much. Used cars are too expensive. Once things get back to normal and new cars come through normally the used market will correct itself.

coldel

Reaction score
Yes the used car market is all over the place at the moment. I bought my Vx220 in 2019, added 10k miles and sold it for around 25% more than I bought it for.

Kerr

Reaction score
Cars I sold three years ago are worth more than I got back then.

I've seen people getting more money from online car buying services than they paid the main dealer 1-2 years before.

A lot of cars have jumped too much. There isn't a lack of supply of many of the cars either.

coldel

Reaction score
I think my biggest one was selling my R33 GTST Skyline in 2015 for £5k. Would be worth around £20k now haha

Kerr

Reaction score
It's the R34 GTR that has gone mental. The cars on Autotrader are between £125-190k. It wasn't so long ago they were affordable.

There was a good thread elsewhere with copies of old Autotrader adverts. Things like E30 BMW M3s were down at £5k. That's a different story from the current market when everything has gone up.

The other issue with predicting future classics is too many people are doing the same thing. Cars don't get old, become rare and then increase in value. People are buying up all the lower volume as potential future classics and trying to keep prices high.

For example £80k for a 3 year old Ford Focus RS. More than double the money in 3 years, but how can it possibly become more valuable? The pricing is crazy.

Cars are to be enjoyed. They are just ending up rich men's investments trying to make more money.

coldel

Reaction score
I think you are right. I bought a Celica GT4 off a guy that had a warehouse full of cars and it was the neglected one at the back behind a bunch of classic Porsches etc. that he had forgotten about.

Flanners

Reaction score
Down to 4 R's on AT....that black one with 85K has finally gone too was down to £11K; guess the 160K white one@£10K hastened the sale.

The black one at £21K seems to have gone too!!!

Hoping and guessing the used car market will re-adjust over the next 12months as I have a few cars I still want to own but not paying the premium demanded at the moment. Used car market has mirrored other male driven obsessions like luxury watches etc lockdown, spare cash, forums, media driven hysteria with the added 'investment' potential.......always were 'investors' usually they seemed to concentrate on exotica they now appear to have branched out into modern classics etc. Sold a car in the Summer and had interest from the Trade, buying up collectables to flip and flog for extortionate sums....seems like the 'investment' buyer is unable to go and look at a car in a private sale preferring the Trade to obtain the cars they are after.

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
I think the £11k car has gone to a dealer.

It's untaxed and no change of owner. It might update soon, but it usually happens quickly.