What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R wanted

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Thanks, I am thinking he will be fine for short haul up to one hour trips, he is 135cm tall - I think it should be fine, he will be on his iPad the whole time anyway lol
On his iPad while in the R?
Until you rev up the engine and let that thing fly thru the corners, hehe. My kids always celebrated the drives in the R firing me up to drive faster and faster. And no one ever was allowed to overtake us on the autobahns. Ever.

Flanners

Reaction score
5 Rs on Autotrader...few disappeared...the black R with 23k that had £000s put on it when bought and then sold by Trade seller has gone from site/search. Wonder how long the red Rs will take....

Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
It just shows how much people need or want to buy from a dealer for security, finance and trading.

The white one with the decals and white wheels has finally gone. It was a very select customer they needed for that one.

coldel

Reaction score
Yeah the one with the decals was up for over £16k when I started nosing around the ads, obviously had to take at least a grand hit on his price to sell. To be honest could have sold it much quicker if they just took the stickers off!

I wonder how much the buyer paid the dealer for the low miler, to be honest would have been much cheaper buying it from the private seller and just getting a warranty if they paid close to the dealer money.

Ironically the guarantees people think they get with dealers even with the CRA on your side can be a long drawn out painful process, some dealers will drag their heels in the hope you give up. Best advice if buying from a dealer is pay on credit card, then if any issues come up you hand the car back and grab your cash and let visa sort the dealer out 👍

coldel

Reaction score
Actually the decals white one has reappeared price lower at 14750 :oops:

Grey one has appeared bang on what I am looking for in terms of budget etc but wrong colour!

jg43210

Reaction score
Still wondering what to do with mine. The Peugeot Warranty will expire in a couple of years - but I’ve managed to keep it completely original.

It’s an RCZ R, LP63DSZ in white with all the additional bells and whistles that were available at purchase. I bought it new in January 2014. It’s in excellent original condition, relatively low mileage (55000), has been serviced fully by Peugeot (including interim services for oil and filter changes twice as often as needed - serviced by Robins and Day in Hatfield who I have nothing but praise for) and has had the usual ‘issues’ addressed - two new high pressure fuel pumps (including, I believe, the new version that doesn’t suffer from the same problems as the old one), new disks and pads all round (all Peugeot originals - not the cheapest!), new front calipers and springs (the front springs have a tendency to snap) and an almost new set of tyres (I’ve kept to the original Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 235/40 ZR19 (92Y)) with a few light scuffs on the rims front alloys that could easily be sorted. The car has never been thrashed (even though it’s an R!) and drives like a dream. It’s mainly been used for long distance fun trips, rather than day to day use - drives to Scotland from Hertfordshire (where I’m based), or onto the Continent - France and Belgium. It drives extremely well, and the dealers always comment on how good it looks, even for its age. I’ve kept the warranty running (phew! It paid for the fuel pumps, springs and calipers) and haven’t spared any costs in keeping it in good condition.

So to the question. It’s going to hit the point in two years where the warranty can’t be extended. I’m thinking of either selling it (I was offered £7000 in p/x which seems rather low when I see what other RCZ R prices are, particularly for one that’s got full provenance!) or taking it off the road and storing it. The latter will have a cost attached (probably around £1000/year for proper storage with a friend’s company). I’m tending towards sale at the moment, but only if the price I can get is sensible. I’d genuinely welcome thoughts from the group! If it does go for sale, it will probably be in the next six months. Equally, I think the R will become THE future Peugeot Classic, alongside the 304S Cabriolet and the Peugeot Darl’mat.

Kerr

Reaction score
£7000 is taking the ****.

Selling privately isn't so easy, but a good car at a good price will always sell.

Flanners

Reaction score
You have your advert just need your price....£14.5-16k? PX is a mugs game, they would make at least £8k on your car alone never mind the new one you buy from them.

The Peugeot Warranty which as you know is transferable to a new owner; would be a major selling point for me. My R has had the front springs hpfp and new clutch and flywheel at low miles all paid for by Peugeot on the Warranty I got from the previous owner, I intend to keep the Warranty going until it cannot renew so when it's 3 months short of 11 yrs old.

Now seems a good time to sell.....not a great time to buy as used car prices are nuts....looking at prices currently being asked for cars. Hold out for good money sales in last 6months on the R show to me people will pay good money to own a low mileage car in good condition in a colour they want...resist the chancers and piss takers who think theyre going to pay peanuts..with a warranty from Pug a reassuring selling bonus!

Last edited:

coldel

Reaction score
£7k? Surely WBAC will offer much more than that? Maybe the dealer confused it with a standard car?

Flanners

Reaction score
On Autotrader I see the black low mileage car the private seller couldn't sell for £15,250 has now appeared at a dealer for £19k.

There's a new one at a Peugeot dealer. You'll get a proper warranty, but the price is quite strong.

This is new, but £20k for a 39k car is top money.

The new owner is now on here purchased the car in Peterborough yesterday....looked a lovely one.

Kerr

Reaction score
The new owner is now on here purchased the car in Peterborough yesterday....looked a lovely one.
I did notice that, but didn't want to highlight that to the owner.

I see pictures of the white one at the Peugeot main dealer are up. The front brake discs look very worn.

Everyone is avoiding that bill.

coldel

Reaction score
Seems a bit extreme to sell a car because of brakes. With the VX had to swallow a few costs (Tow Links, Rad etc) but hey thats the pain and joy of enthusiast car ownership :)

And yes, new member bought it ....

Kerr

Reaction score
Seems a bit extreme to sell a car because of brakes. With the VX had to swallow a few costs (Tow Links, Rad etc) but hey thats the pain and joy of enthusiast car ownership :)

And yes, new member bought it ....

It's very common. A high percentage of cars that come up for sale are in need of the discs replacing.

You can get the front discs for around £700-730, but a main dealer is £950. It might have gone up in recent times like everything else.

If the brake pistons are corroded(likely) a dealer won't refurbish them. If you're looking at discs, pads and calipers it's a big bill.

coldel

Reaction score
Yep read about those - toe links rad and brakes on the VX were £1k+ which isnt so bad it seems lol
But yes, am not going to blindly buy an R and then be landed with big four number bills if I can help it. Im in no rush to buy a replacement for the VX so might even wait till silly season calms down a bit and we hit winter.

Flanners

Reaction score
I did notice that, but didn't want to highlight that to the owner.

I see pictures of the white one at the Peugeot main dealer are up. The front brake discs look very worn.

Everyone is avoiding that bill.
Ok Mums the word.😉

The red one@£17.5k has gone.

Last edited:

Flanners

Reaction score
2 new examples listed on Autorader both Trade... a white one 58k miles@ £17k and a black one 25k miles @ £20k.

coldel

Reaction score
Already contacted the white one, its literally 2 miles from me.

coldel

Reaction score
I was chatting to the dealer of the red one, they said it had been reserved online with a nominal deposit. Since then it disappeared off AT, but Weds they relisted it on their own website so maybe the buyer went along and changed their mind...

Kerr

Reaction score
The new white one was on sale from November last year and well into this year as a private sale. The log book hasn't changed since 2018. I guess they couldn't sell it.

As well as new brakes discs and pads it had a brand new engine and clutch.

coldel

Reaction score
The new white one was on sale from November last year and well into this year as a private sale. The log book hasn't changed since 2018. I guess they couldn't sell it.

As well as new brakes discs and pads it had a brand new engine and clutch.
Thanks, brand new engine?

…just to confirm, I’m looking at the 16k one in Chiswick? Is that the one you mean?

Last edited: