What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

R wanted

coldel

Reaction score
Looking at potentially buying an R

Colour preference is Red>White>Black (not grey which I think is the other colour?)

Am in SW London so anything local would be ideal

Kerr

Reaction score
There's red one just been added to Autotrader. There isn't pictures yet. 38,000 miles, 1 owner and looking for £17,500. The plate is NV15MOF.

The DAB radio is rare. Not many cars have that.

The 23,250 mile black private sale car has been dropped by £1000. They've dropped it by £500 a couple of times which indicates a lack of interest and maybe a deal to be had.

coldel

Reaction score
Yeah been watching the autotrader ads for a month or so now - not going to be paying 17.5k for one though!

Kerr

Reaction score
Yeah been watching the autotrader ads for a month or so now - not going to be paying 17.5k for one though!

I don't think £17.5k is outrageous for a dealer in the current market. If it's a good car it'll sell.

There hasn't been any coming up on here since I've been here. Cherished examples won't be cheap.

Flanners

Reaction score
Nor do I that seems like the market rate from a Dealer, look at the price rises for run of the mill stuff, A moroccan near me on low miles went for £18K from a MD and sold in just over a week, when I was there last Friday they said they had a fair few enqs. Wonder why the black one at £15K with the 23K on it has not shifted so fast......I'd be looking at that one for sure, cracking price if all ok with it

Last edited:

coldel

Reaction score
I'm actually not as concerned about miles as your average UKer. I always buy on condition, ownership, history and go over the car with a fine tooth comb - my family are all car mechanics (but I work in an office 😂 ) so have grown up on the premise of condition over mileage. Hence why I am not looking to throw 17k at a car just because of the miles on the clock.

Flanners

Reaction score
funnily enough all of those you list plus again low mileage for me....my VX220 has done sub 30K I wouldn't go near a high mileage one of those or a high mileage R for that matter even with a bespoke Peugeot Sport forged THP. Garage Queen for me as none of mine are daily drivers. I think £17K for an R is still a relative 'bargain' compared to some of the other common cars you list like the Audi, Merc and BMW which leave me cold and as you say are 'common'

Last edited:

coldel

Reaction score
Yes absolutely go for the low mileage if thats whats on your list 👍

Happy to have low mileage on a car of course IF it ticks all the other boxes I mentioned first, mileage is a bonus. But it isn't a priority. All my cars are garage queens too (although I dont own a garage!) I have a strict detailing policy and my family mechanically do all the work on my cars. My 120k mile Celica GT4 did a 3500 mile round trip to the Italian lakes no problem.

I wont be handing over an extra 3-4 grand though just to have 20k miles less on a car.

Flanners

Reaction score
well you were only £750 out on what you wanted for your VX;)

coldel

Reaction score
Yep did alright with the VX. But even at 73500 miles was tight as a nut and a brilliant car - it will be missed!

coldel

Reaction score
Thanks Kerr, I literally am only trawling the three normal candidates at the moment for ads Pistonheads, Autotrader and ebay. Is there any way to find cars on these smaller sites?

I am thinking my sweet spot will end up being a red with 50k miles on it would be around the price I am looking for.

apple3337

Reaction score
There's a Facebook RCZ group. Most of the members seem to be from the UK. You could put up a "car wanted" post. It's called the RCZ owners group.

coldel

Reaction score
Thanks, I am already on that group, but havent posted a wanted ad up yet.

I keep seeing a black R driving up and down a main road near me (in Richmond Surrey) I might next time I see it knock on the window and say hi (its always stuck in traffic) lol

coldel

Reaction score
Yeah I need to find one local in a dealership and drive one - I have had a fair few quick cars prior but all AWD or RWD so a little nervous of going FWD and not getting the experience I need from it.

coldel

Reaction score
Yes I read that/saw that on the reviews I have been reading. I guess its a case of the feel of RWD vs FWD.
A mate of mine has a FWD Type R and its a rocket ship and he loves it. That opened my eyes a bit to the ownership of a FWD car.

Kerr

Reaction score
Thanks Kerr, I literally am only trawling the three normal candidates at the moment for ads Pistonheads, Autotrader and ebay. Is there any way to find cars on these smaller sites?

I am thinking my sweet spot will end up being a red with 50k miles on it would be around the price I am looking for.

NewsNow classifieds is where that white car is advertised.

I would also keep and eye on Gumtree and just Goggle for Peugeot RCZ R for sale. Things randomly turn up.

The sites above sometimes have cars that don't appear on the main selling places, or appear a few days earlier.

Kerr

Reaction score
On Autotrader I see the black low mileage car the private seller couldn't sell for £15,250 has now appeared at a dealer for £19k.

There's a new one at a Peugeot dealer. You'll get a proper warranty, but the price is quite strong.

This is new, but £20k for a 39k car is top money.