What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Jacking aid - Gauging Interest

thornebt

Reaction score
I think I'm on the waiting list for the second batch of these. Do I need to confirm that I'm happy with the £15 price? Will there be a second run of these? Thank you.

A

Anonymous

thornebt said:
I think I'm on the waiting list for the second batch of these. Do I need to confirm that I'm happy with the £15 price? Will there be a second run of these? Thank you.
Yes you are on the list to receive one as soon as the second batch is complete. It's taking longer than I had hoped, but unfortunately too many other things are getting in the way.
I will PM all those still on the list when I am in a position to post them out. I will be checking that each member still wants one and to give the details of my Paypal account to finalise the transaction

A

Anonymous

Lainey x 2
master
the big blue
pete.garratt
stevekat54
smarty
robinsstevenj
thornebt
thackers
593scott
hem

These are the members who are still awaiting delivery of the jacking pads. I can only apologies for the delay, however I have exhausted my suppliers stock of the Porsche pads that I modify and am waiting for them to restock in order to proceed with this. Negotiations with the supplier are ongoing and I will update as soon as I have some positive news.

The_Bear

Reaction score
Hi Ron,

I would really appreciate it if you could add me to the waiting list for one of these.

Thanks,

George

A

Anonymous

The_Bear said:
Hi Ron,

I would really appreciate it if you could add me to the waiting list for one of these.

Thanks,

George

Unfortunately George I am not in a position at the moment to give a positive response to this question. I am in "negotiations" at the moment with the supplier of the Porsche pads which of course is the base element of these jacking pads. I took his entire supply and then still needed a further dozen. He has since attempted to double the price, to which I have objected on the grounds that my original order was at the lower price and should be honoured on that basis. I am expecting a positive outcome to this issue this week and then I can crack on and get that dozen dispatched.

If however anybody drops out when I contact them, I can put you in down as a "substitute" If not I will have to see if I can renegotiate or find an alternative source. I have been looking but the price that I have been paying is substantially below the market rate.

If you want to leave it with me for a week or so, then hopefully I will be in a better position to give you a definitive response.

The_Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response Ron.

I completely understand - and am happy to be "substitute"

Thanks again,

George

A

Anonymous

Finally I have been able to PM all remaining members who had expressed an interest in the jacking aid. What a palofa it has turned out to be. First the guy supplying the Porsche pads ran out of stock and then as a gesture of good will cut the slot for me. Only problem is he didn't ask for the measurements and got it all wrong. So this is the result of having to correct his gesture. in stead of this..........

We now have this....................

hey ho deep joy and all of that :evil:

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
His machining skills need a bit of work too ;)

What have you noticed that I haven't? They seemed fine, just too wide and not deep enough. He'd asked what I was doing with them. I told him that I was putting a grove into them for the RCZ. That was what information he used to make his grand gesture

A

Anonymous

Well the grooves aren't perpendicular and the finish of it looks pretty bad to me but that could just be my standards :)

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
Well the grooves aren't perpendicular and the finish of it looks pretty bad to me but that could just be my standards :)

They were never intended to have two grooves. The purpose of the second groove is to fit the jacking point snugly which it does. I wasn't attempting to create any right angles but merely cut the groove the right width and depth with a small cut out for the wider section on the front jacking points. They fit nice and snug and would have looked nicer without the groove that Bill inserted :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

As long as your happy with them and they do there job then there's no problem ;)

A

Anonymous

Chuzzbutt said:
As long as your happy with them and they do there job then there's no problem ;)

I'm not happy with them. I rather upset at what he has done. I can't really say too much to him as he thought he was do me a favour. I said as much as I felt able to, without offending him. He must now realise the stupidity of his actions and recognise that it would have been better to speak with me first.

It really does make one think twice before volunteering oneself as all these thing cost time and money and can so easily backfire.

A

Anonymous

Lainey x 2
master
the big blue
pete.garratt
stevekat54
smarty Collected 28/06
robinsstevenj Posted 30/06and confirmed received[/b]
thornebt Posted 28/06 and confirmed received
thackers Posted 30/06and confirmed received[/b]
593scott
hem
The_Bear Posted 30/06and confirmed received[/b]

The_Bear

Reaction score
Thanks Ron - it was tricky finding something that would look OK at 120 x 120 pixels !
I found that saving the image as .png took substantially less space than the .jpg version, in order to duck under the 7Kb limit

A

Anonymous

The_Bear said:
Thanks Ron - it was tricky finding something that would look OK at 120 x 120 pixels !
I found that saving the image as .png took substantially less space than the .jpg version, in order to duck under the 7Kb limit
Too clever for me. I need to find a site that does all the work for me. I wouldn't know the difference between a png a jpg and pg tips