What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

tianorth

Reaction score
Glad you found it helpful.

That's what the group is about.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

MrMoose

Reaction score
Thank for the files and info.

Just updated mine from 2.80 to 2.86 via the CD method. Tried 3 different USBs (formatted to FAT32) and none would work, all bringing up the data missing or incomplete message.

gdev

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for this guide, really useful, just done the key de-activation, away to do the maps and safety next.

Just a quick one, is 2.86 still the latest firmware?

Thanks

robonave

Reaction score
Hallo to everyone, I am newcomer to this forum and to a Peugeot 508 SW 2012 year.
The previous owner did no update to firmware and maps so I have a lot of work to do, my questions are:
- I have 2.1.G.5 firmware and I read it is not possible to update to newest 2.86, what are the firmware steps I must perform? (I have only 2.21, 2.37, 2.86)
- after firmware update can I update maps to latest?
- last question what is your opinion about system changing to a chinese one?
Bye

:wave:

tianorth

Reaction score
Unless you can verify that the system is the same as the RCZ's, the process may not work.

In one of my first post to do with servicing I went into detail about the upgrading that was to happen at service but didn't.

The best place to get info for your system would be gpsunderground which is where I get my info.

As the RCZ had version 2.75 when I got it and upgraded to 2.77, then to 2.80 and new maps to get 7 digit postcodes the to 2.85, which had very loud bleeps, to 2.86 which reduced the volume of the bleeps.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

smartest_smarty

Reaction score
Dear all,

I hope you can help me!

I had a Citroen DS5 before and managed to use the information here to upgrade from 2.75 to 2.80 then to 2.86, and upgrade to the latest maps / risk alerts.

I then sold the DS5, and I got another DS5 but this time the Hybrid version. The current version is 2.80, and I am really struggling to upgrade it this time.

I have used my old installation disks / USB, and it did not work. So I re-downloaded everything and made a new USB, it did not work. So I made a CD again it did not work. I have tried different USBs, and even different computers to try. I have dragged and dropped the files onto a USB, I have created an ISO file and burnt a CD, I have even used different CD brands. Nothing is working. The USB says incomplete data, and the CD goes in and says unreadable (no matter what format I use).

I am wondering if it's the car, or the download? Has anyone got any suggestions, or a different download link for 2.86

I would really appreciate any help / advice.

Thanks in advance.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
As per Tianorth’s post above, your best bet is to go to GPSUnderground’s site and do a search for your car & its inbuilt nav system. You will no doubt find a link to the latest firmware there, which might differ slightly from the RCZ firmware. (Or not).
I did have a similar issue when updating some time ago, and I found a different link on the gps site which worked.

smartest_smarty

Reaction score
Thanks - I’ve tried to join that forum, but I guess my membership hasn’t been approved yet as I am unable to view or post on any tread.

However, I can’t see how it could be different, I’ve done the updates before on the same car using this thread. The only difference is I now have the hybrid model, but the sat nav is the same.

greekstalion

Reaction score
Hi

I have an RT6 system with 2.75 firmware. I downloaded the zip files and unzip them. Formatted 3 different USB sticks to FAT32 (actually used different configs) but all of them, when is been read from the system, it show "corrupt files" and fail to do the updates.
I have tried the 2.80 and 2.86, both show the same error.
I have done the activation code and copied the licence, I have updated some of the maps to 2018-2019 version so the USB sticks and connection is working.
Is an issue with the FW update.
System is Magneti Marelli, 98067039XN, at Peugeot link it show as 308 / 2013 / WIP NAV + / CONNECT NAV +, and on car it shows:
Unit Ref: 9806703977
CD Number: 8639
SW Version - Unit: RGEN2.75.C.5
SW Version - Unit: 201212051200
SW Version - Unit: BR:6.2.70.10:pr
SW Version - Unit: DC_FW:35

Any advise?

Thanks
Stelios

bryanmay

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know how to add a map of Cyprus? It doesn't seem to be listed in any of the European maps...

smartest_smarty

Reaction score
So, I finally gave up and bought the update CD from Citroen.

I put the CD in, and again it said unreadable :wtf:

Does any one have any idea why this is happening?

tianorth

Reaction score

smartest_smarty

Reaction score
Dear all,

It has been months and I have still not been given access to GPS Underground.

I want to upgrade my unit. Is there anyone I can direct message who could kindly check the version I need?

I would highly appreciate it.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Smarty,
I tried quite a few times before I got mine to work.
When you write a cd image to disc, you have to write at the slowest speed your writer will write. Problem is modern recorders want to write fast, try putting the speed down.
Secondly, try cleaning your cd player with a disc cleaner.
Lastly, Citroen maybe have changed something slightly, software wise ?
As for GPS underground, this site has nothing to do with it and cannot issue passwords for it.
Try searching for DS5 update.
And you can see what version of software is on your radio then decide which update to do.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Plecodoras

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Latest map update (February 2019) :-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11COvd ... foHsFjgG3I

Latest risk alerts/speedcams (February 2019) :-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Gqog ... dtPmtZsQHz

Deactivation files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvOo ... HVLYmNWN1k

Some locations of file storage has changed, if anyone has problems downloading please let me know.

** IMPORTANT UPDATE **

I have tried these new maps and all went on OK except North East Eastern Europe
for whatever reason at first I could not understand it.... if you leave it long enough it just restarts after just over 1 hour. So, I tried again - same result. So, I tried another USB stick on my other car and this car - same result.
Anyway, zoom to today, I thought I would try again because I knew I had a long drive, but this time when i went to update North East Eastern Europe it came up and said " Not enough room to store map " or something very similar because I only glanced it, but then it said delete one of the maps to make room for this update, it then gave me all the maps installed with how much space they take up in megs. Now it showed in my list RUSSIA ( 998MB ) so I thought I'm never going to Russia anytime soon - if ever so goodbye Russia. I pressed on Russia and then it started to load North East Eastern Europe again with you guessed it - the same result. Maybe I didn't do something at this next step right, but it makes sense why this Map wouldn't upgrade if storage has run out.
( a bit like my Tom Tom which will not upload cos no space to take new maps )
Now I would like to add a footnote here..... why North East Eastern Europe ?
No reason whatsoever, for me it just happened to be the last map I went to upgrade, I think if I had left any other until last, it would be the last choice which would not load due to storage space shortage, so, purely the last one to load / upgrade.

Of course i could be wrong but, this is my findings and if you think about it, all this upgrading to I presume bigger maps, will eventually full the storage. Whether you can do a purge and format the system ( danger danger LOL ) and start again with the latest maps, this might work if there was a way to do it since it will of got rid of a lot of cached files, maybe freeing up enough space to upgrade to the latest maps. If as is more likely, then this will happen everytime when you come to put the last map on, if that is the case, then leave an area that you envisage you will never go - these will still work, they will just be on the years before etc.
Hope this helps, if anyone knows different or who has experienced different goings on, feel free to update us all, Cheers M... :thumbup: