What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

DKZ5745

Reaction score
My previous car didn’t have sat nav, so I bought a TomTom 820 music, with lifetime map updates. Since getting the Z I have just charged the TomTom occasionally to save the battery, but not done any updates.
I recently got an email from TomTom saying my nav unit had now come to the end of its useful life, so they were discontinuing my “lifetime” update :eek:
How can a company charge extra for a device as it has “lifetime updates “ and then stop giving updates for it a few years later?
Anyway, I haven’t tried the north west map update on the latest updates yet, but when I get chance, I will let you know how it went.
UK, France, & Italy all went ok, as did speed cams.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
As I said Pete, it's not the N.E.E.Europe map that's faulty, it was just chance that was the last map to go on. I update all the maps, it is the last one which has filled my storage and now cannot fit all the new maps. It could easily have been Germany if I had left that until last.
My Tom Tom like yours had free lifetime upgrade, but the last time I went to update it a couple of years ago, it said the new maps were 2225mb and my system only had 1895mb so I could not update it. They then said they have split the region's so they will fit, but it meant missing some countries out, in essence I could have say France and Germany or Spain and Portugal but not all Europe as before. Even sillier I could have France Germany and Italy but not Holland and Austria. So pathetic really.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Mothra8

Reaction score
Hi there, I have just joined the RCZ owners brethren and have firmware 2.70. Can I upgrade directly to 2.86 using the above instructions or do I have to upgrade incrementally using a CD at all? Thanks in advance for any reply.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
GrahamL said:
Hi, Just come across your update guide and wanted to say thank you. I have just upgraded from 2.70 to 2.86, all went well and is now useable!!
This member seemed to do it, though some have had to do it in stages.

Luckily for us someone has gone to the effort of doing this guide and including all the links.

Read it through from start to finish and this will give you all the instruction you need, if you don't you might miss something.

Good Luck :thumbup:

suraj

Reaction score
tianorth said:
Latest map update (February 2019) :-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11COvd ... foHsFjgG3I

Latest risk alerts/speedcams (February 2019) :-

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Gqog ... dtPmtZsQHz

Deactivation files

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwvOo ... HVLYmNWN1k

Some locations of file storage has changed, if anyone has problems downloading please let me know.
Hi, all here. I seem to have a completely different problem and can't find a solution anywhere. I did follow the instructions on upgrading to 2.86 on my 2012 508 GT (I admit I missed to check my previous version as I didn't know how to do that).
Everything went smooth for the upgrade to 2.86. After the restart it says "Check in progress" and then " Place navigation cd". I thought this would be fixed by the map upgrade to latest 2018-2019.
When I insert the USB to upgrade maps, instead of the 2018-2019, it pops up a list of different region maps of "2011-2012 1ed". While in some videos I have seen that it should be the new HERE maps for 2018/19 for different regions and we install them one after another.
I am stuck here, anything that I can do here would be of great help please.

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It doesn’t sound like your system is looking in the correct place, if you have the correct files on your usb stick.

Is there a way on your system to tell it where to look for the updated files?

suraj

Reaction score
Sorry, if I did catch your question correctly. I tried map downloads from different sources like from 'Tianorth' 2018-2019 and then from a Youtube video comment where it was 2019-2020 and its all the same. As soon as the USB is inserted, the radio screen show me a list of different region maps for "2011/2012 1ed" which I suppose would have been the one on the radio initially. No idea why an old list is poping up instead of the actual version of maps I am trying to install

Kerr

Reaction score
I'm needing a bit help here.

The car is already on 2.86.

I can't get around the car keeping asking for an activation key. I out the second USB in and run through all the questions answering no. On reboot with the maps USB back in it still need a an activation key.

What am I doing wrong?

tianorth

Reaction score
Sorry, if I did catch your question correctly. I tried map downloads from different sources like from 'Tianorth' 2018-2019 and then from a Youtube video comment where it was 2019-2020 and its all the same. As soon as the USB is inserted, the radio screen show me a list of different region maps for "2011/2012 1ed" which I suppose would have been the one on the radio initially. No idea why an old list is poping up instead of the actual version of maps I am trying to install
In the RT6 on the right of the list is 2 buttons, cancel and update.
Click on update and it then reads the sub stick, chose which maps you want to update, it should revert back to this update list after the update of that map is complete.
Chose the next one to update.