What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

DKZ5745

Reaction score
You can choose which. As you want to update. Once you get to the point where the maps are listed, it tells you which are up to date and which need updating.

You can only do them one at a time anyway, so just choose the UK update & Bobs your Palates instructor :thumbup:

Nik

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm updated my map from2011-2012 to 2016-2017 for the first time, My firmware was 2.86.

I just updated the UK map as I didnt need the rest, now im in mess.

My Peugeot 308 Sat Nav RT6 SYSTEM doesnt show anything, It doesnt even show that I have a UK map in my system,

Although, when I insert my pen drive it shows that my UK map is up to date.

Please help :helpme:

Thanks
Nik

tianorth

Reaction score
First thing I would try is a reboot.

Long press on the eject button I think, if not then long press on the power button.

Let us know the outcome.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Abzynthe

Reaction score
Im sure Ive read somewhere, your supposed to turn the car off and wait three minutes for the systems to power down, it then saves the settings of the update.

Nik

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

The reset didn’t work, so
1. I formatted the pen drive again
2. And this time only added the maps files instead of risk alert and deactivation.
3. Works magic :)

Not sure, but I think the problem came as system couldn’t read all the files or something.

tianorth

Reaction score
Yes you only want files for each bit at a time

ie maps only
Risk alerts only
or deactivation only.

Nik

Reaction score
Stupid me :crazy:, trying to update all at once. lol

Also is the update April or August 2017? My local dealer was charging me £69 for that, glad I found this forum.

As a newbie, would like to know if there’s any other updates I can do to my Peugeot 308, 2012.

Thank you everyone. :thumbup:

tianorth

Reaction score
The map update for £69 would only be for part of Europe.

The map update downloaded is for all Europe usually £130.

The map update was came from earlier this year possibly July as that's when Here / Peugeot send out updates but based on info from Q2/Q3 of 2016.

As I'm not able to get the new updates anymore I'm trying will be trying to see if there is interest in a group buy eg 10 people would pay £13 each and all have the update.

I'm also trying to see if I can update the risk alerts myself by getting the data and creating my own up-to-date database on a as when needed bases.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
tianorth said:
The map update for £69 would only be for part of Europe.

The map update downloaded is for all Europe usually £130.

The map update was came from earlier this year possibly July as that's when Here / Peugeot send out updates but based on info from Q2/Q3 of 2016.

As I'm not able to get the new updates anymore I'm trying will be trying to see if there is interest in a group buy eg 10 people would pay £13 each and all have the update.

I'm also trying to see if I can update the risk alerts myself by getting the data and creating my own up-to-date database on a as when needed bases.

Hey Chris - maybe you and Nemi could get your heads together and program some new code to do the trick, or maybe incorporate all the updates into one lil program - that would be something !

:beer:

Nemi

Reaction score
To be honest i don't even know why people are using those built-in car navigation systems :eusa-think: Google maps on a phone is way way better - you always have latest maps, voice controls, routes based on real time traffic and much more :shock: Well, the only downside is that you have to place your phone where you can see it.

Personally, i only used my RT6 navigation once, just to test it. I have updated it to latest version just in case (when my phone is dead).

Android auto would be great on RT6 (or at least screen casting) :eusa-whistle:

frankvdb

Reaction score
Nemi said:
To be honest i don't even know why people are using those built-in car navigation systems :eusa-think: Google maps on a phone is way way better - you always have latest maps, voice controls, routes based on real time traffic and much more :shock: Well, the only downside is that you have to place your phone where you can see it.

Personally, i only used my RT6 navigation once, just to test it. I have updated it to latest version just in case (when my phone is dead).

You can fit an Android kit easily. See [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXktcLAJ9Sg[/youtube]

renegade79

Reaction score
frankvdb said:
Nemi said:

You can fit an Android kit easily. See [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXktcLAJ9Sg[/youtube]
wow that is easy ------- So easy I cannot see it...... :lol:
Did you forget to attach a link Frank??

frankvdb

Reaction score
renegade79 said:
frankvdb said:

wow that is easy ------- So easy I cannot see it...... :lol:
Did you forget to attach a link Frank??

I attached it as a youtuble link.
If you can't see it, that is not my fault.
Maybe you are using a crappy reader.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Thanks Chris,

Something to play around with over the next couple of months until maybe I catch up with you again in Zeeland!

Or what about a blast out in your Grey R to the Dolomites ???

BIG THANKS for the UPDATES cheers M.

A

Anonymous

Re: How To Update The RT6 System - vin coding

Hi everyone I’m looking for some advice I have the new radio RT6 which I bought and upgraded from the old radio and I have this annoying beeping all the time everything works fine tho I have had a guy out and try and put the chassis number in and the radio won’t eccept it and have tried 3 times also tried to put the vin number in from the car it came out of and still won’t do it it won’t configure with the laptop spoke to the main dealer and they said that they have to take all the data from the radio and put new back on with my vin number can anyone shed a bit of light on this please or can I have it programmed thro the usb and put vin number in that way and save it hope someone can help thank you

tianorth

Reaction score
Are they using the PP2000 system to reprogram it?

This is the Peugeot system software.

A

Anonymous

Hi, I just wanted to say a big thanks to you guys for this thread. I've owned Peugeot's for more than 10 years now, and love them, that's why I switched to a 3008 (2015) a few days ago. It is still in warranty, and I couldn't believe that the dealer wanted to charge me to update the Satnav system. So, I searched around and found "mypeugeot" uk version, which said after I had entered my Vin number, that I could download updated maps and a manual on the steps to follow. Well the download worked, except the downloaded files were unuseable, and the link to the manual went to a dreaded 404 page. So eventually I found this thread, and having followed the instructions I have just updated my maps for the UK, so am very grateful to you for this. One small issue I followed the guide on activation code, but it still asked for one, however I used the code given to me at the end of the download from the mypeugeot site, and that actually worked. So I guess the code must be VIN specific ??

Anyway many thanks again. :clap: :clap: :clap: