What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

How To Update The RT6 System - Guide

tianorth

Reaction score
If you also update the maps you should get 7 digit postcodes

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know what the latest easily available updates are for the RT6 software, maps and camera alerts please? I've just had a message flash up on the Nav screen to say the car thinks I'm due for an update.

Reaction score
Mine has never been updated since 2013 as far as I'm aware. Can I just do the latest/newest update or do I have to do them all in order ?

tianorth

Reaction score
First find out what version firmware you have.

Mine (a 2013) was at 2.75 which only gave 5 digit postcodes.

I upgraded to 2.80 and the 2014 maps to get 7 digit postcodes.

Then updated firmware to 2.86 and also to latest maps using the deactivation sequence.

I think other haven't been able to go straight to the latest firmware unless at least at 2.80.

Plecodoras

Reaction score
Well I'm having an absolute mare...

Just cannot upgrade passed the 2.80fw thanks to the kind person and loan of discs.

I have formatted usb ntfs / ext2 / fat32 (( started with ) did the rest out of shear frustration ).

Downloaded the firmware another two times, even wrote a cd .

I give up .... just found out that I have problems with my lights now, so well missed off :evil:

Still waiting for the right 15 plate R to come up on trader and I swear she's off...

By the way ---- 6 R's on trader at mo ! must be having a sale then !

:beer:

A

Anonymous

As ever, thanks for the help guys, cameras and maps now current.

I.

A

Anonymous

Tianorth, thank you for this guide, I had a go at it last Summer without success but decided to go for it again last night and it worked like a breeze. Just to let you know the firmware upgraded from 2.75 to 2.86 without any issues.

tianorth

Reaction score
More up to date maps.
Firmware update nothing noticeable but allow for 7 digit postcodes etc.
Other things on firmware but only small things.

A

Anonymous

I have a RT6 unit with 2.75 firmware and see that i need to upgrade to 2.80 before 2.86.

The only issue is though I cant find a working download for 2.80, can anyone provide one?

Nemi

Reaction score
When i plug in USB drive i see "checking data on media..." and few minutes later i get error "data is corrupt or incomplete" :eusa-think: Tried 2 different USB drives. My current firmware version is 2.75 and i want to upgrade to 2.80. Does anyone know what is going on here? :roll:

DKZ5745

Reaction score
Make sure you format your usb stick first - fat32 then unpack the zip file to it. It should read the media OK. The only other way is to write it to a cd & stick that in.

Btw I assume you have tried updating directly to 2.86, what happened then? Did you get the same error message? I thought you could update directly to that version. I updated to 2.86 but I can’t remember what version I had before though, my car is a late 2013 and had the original software on it.