What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Golf R

A

Anonymous

Golf R

So the new RS is pretty much a sensible practical choice...?! ;)

Nope, they haven't. That must be someone's own personal mod. Don't think that would look all that great in truth. I'm looking at a carbon fibre rear valance but can't really afford it just now (having just been told that we need to replace our existing boiler...groan).

I also want to get the exhaust exits powder coated because they don't stay clean a second. A guy on VXRONLINE did his and it looks awesome and is much easier to maintain.

A

Anonymous

Re: Golf R

Probably ok if you are in your 20s but perhaps a little tacky.Might just be me of course.Enjoy whatever you do as thats what its all about at end of day. :oops:

RCZ1

Reaction score

The Ford RS cars at Waxstock looked fantastic. They are a good looking car if a bit, dare I say, boy racer ish but in a good way. The engine bays of those things were something to be believed. The owners had made them a work of art. Never seen anything like it before.

A

Anonymous

I'm in my twenties+2 so that makes it ok in my eyes! ;) :lol: Thanks though wrapper, you're 100% right. :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score

I must admit, when I got home, I did do a lot of researching about them. The trouble is they do attract a lot of attention and I would be worried that it would be damaged / vandalised. A lot of them are used as weekend /show cars. I need a car that would be driven daily so don't think it's really practical in that respect.

A

Anonymous

wrapper said:
Probably ok if you are in your 20s but perhaps a little tacky.Might just be me of course.Enjoy whatever you do as thats what its all about at end of day. :oops:

A well off 20's singleton :eusa-think: because insurance alone for a VXR GTC would be very costly indeed,the VXR GTC isnt tacky :? very attractive and foremostly Flashy...the essence of a great hot hatch..Vxr's are in your face and in your rear view mirror :lol:

A

Anonymous

Matt the Carbon Fibre rear valance is :thumbup: the st's exhaust is the same after a few days :thumbdown:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
wrapper said:

A well off 20's singleton :eusa-think: because insurance alone for a VXR GTC would be very costly indeed,the VXR GTC isnt tacky :? very attractive and foremostly Flashy...the essence of a great hot hatch..Vxr's are in your face and in your rear view mirror :lol:
And upside down in a hedge.The problem is with these things are that the market for then cant afford them.Either the list price or the insurance.

A

Anonymous

Yeah l would agree the car makers have out priced them for people below their 30, times have moved on since the boyracer 80's when most hot hatchback s where driven by people in their 20's.the hot hatchback is far more sophisticated and more powerful now and insurance company's have rightly so priced the premiums for such cars out of reach for most younger drivers

A

Anonymous

Which just leaves the oldies that can afford them,insurance and otherwise im afraid.And that market is diminishing as we move on to design led cars i.e. the RCZ., SPECS cameras et al punish the innocent.Todays cars have to look as if moving when standing still, that restores my faith in car design.Lets be rid of boremobiles like vx and vw run of the mill hatches with bodykits and even worse..cars that look plain boring, but have a performance engine..zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.
DESIGN IS KING.

A

Anonymous

RCZ1 said:
The Ford RS cars at Waxstock looked fantastic. They are a good looking car if a bit, dare I say, boy racer ish but in a good way. The engine bays of those things were something to be believed. The owners had made them a work of art. Never seen anything like it before.
Waxstock..lol...

Abzynthe

Reaction score

Everyone's different though. Some like the "sleeper" look. After all, if there wasn't a market for them, they wouldn't go into production :)

I've always been a fan of all show and no go though :lol:

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:
Everyone's different though. Some like the "sleeper" look. After all, if there wasn't a market for them, they wouldn't go into production :)

yep.. design is king..long live the king and thumbs dwn to boremobiles im afraid

RCZ1

Reaction score

Everyone has different tastes and people's tastes change, for one reason or another. There's nothing wrong with in your face design but as Abz says, some people like understated design with amazing power. Each to their own I say.

A

Anonymous

wrapper said:
Abzynthe said:

yep.. design is king..long live the king and thumbs dwn to boremobiles im afraid
U protest to much that it must be love :)

A

Anonymous

I prefer a wolf in Sheep- like clothing,as all hot hatchbacks are great fun to drive " VXR GTC,ST,S3 I have driven all 3 lately what a buzz they where to drive incredible and full of Tech. On the other hand I thought my rcz was boring to drive GOD DAMN PRETTY though :( ,at the end of the day "We would all like "All go and Show Cars"...but we can only buy what we can afford.

My all go and show car would be and "i am being conservative" :lol: would be

The Aston Martin Vaquish Carbon

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 6100,d.d2k

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
wrapper said:
Abzynthe said:

U protest to much that it must be love :)
NO SURRENER