What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Golf R

A

Anonymous

Re: Golf R

bigmac3161 said:
Think Kerry's just had a coronary and Jeff's turning in his grave :(

I think that Jeff would be amused and Kerry will be when he recovers from his banjo induced illness.

A

Anonymous

Signing of to go on a stag nite u'll probably not here from me to past 6 Sunday nite all being well or not. ;)

A

Anonymous

wrapper said:
Top of the class in the boremobile stakes im afraid.Golf mk1 2 3 4 5 6 etc..RCZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.

I have driven the Audi equivalent of this Golf R, a S3, and can unbiasedly say this car is awesome and would leave a RCZ DEAD in its tracks EASILY...and guess what :eusa-think: it retails for less than THE pug stated price for a RCZ-R... although the RCZ-R's are now Heavily discounted now..so go figure

A real drivers car with a tonne more Kudos and tonne more build quality

Mac enjoy the Stag Doo mate :thumbup: aaah Corona beer just for a Starter :eusa-think: :dance: :dance:

Here is a link to my car,its basically the same car,barring the headlamps and S-Tronic gearbox,although at the time of build this car's paint Sepang Blue was a £1800 Audi Exclusive paint,now Audi just charge £575 :shock:

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... code=ucnnp

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
I have driven the Audi equivalent of this Golf R, a S3, and can unbiasedly say this car is awesome and would leave a RCZ DEAD in its tracks EASILY

Different people want different things out of cars, not everyone's number 1 priority is to have a so called 'drivers car'.
The RCZ (especially the non R version) is a completely different car to the Golf R or S3, so why are we comparing them?

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Fair point but it is the opposite of the RCZ as all show and no go not my words but others have said it. Plus people will know it's not a standard golf. Now I'm not gonna be one of these who start slagging of my pug now it's going as I've loved it for 2 and a bit years. But it's just time to move in was tempted by the RCZR but I not keen on the new front. If they ever make a completely new version whose to say I wouldn't come back. Oh I'm still having a go in the RCZR this week when mines in for a service so I promise to give a fair and impartial balanced comparison between the two R's ;) honest I will :)
All go and no show i suppose for me.We all want something thats designed nice,But the golf is not that car.Different mind set and previous rcz owners now shooting at the moon,not setting the controls for the heart of the sun?

A

Anonymous

Jimbrodie1 said:
Park it up in any town centre ...... It won't get a second look. Looks just like every other golf / mid size hatchback out there.

Of course not everyone wants to stand out and some people are happy to blend in, but those people don't buy RCZs do they :eusa-think:

Just my opinion but I'll stick with RCZ thanks :dance:
No need to apologise for your opinion mate,thats what the forum is for.

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Sorry, might be a capable machine but its absolutely non descript (.Files under yawn)

Wrapper if everybody had the same taste I'd have to be a Celtic fan ;) I luv it and beauty is in the eye of the beholder I feel a song coming on.
http://youtu.be/NZCk80v_AUA[/quote]
Well if offered option to be a celtic fan i would accept a golf(any version)
Although jungle jims ..well enough said.
(Ally Mcoists Blue Army)..

Evil Derboy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

mrizzle said:
What's next for you then Derek? It's an M3 you have just now isn't it? Although these cars are a proper pain in...the bank account..they're wonderfully good fun. :D

Well, that's a very good question. Currently torn between two/three options...

Option 1 - The most sensible and most likely - Is to buy an old Audi A6/Audi A4 out right and run it for a bit whilst putting together a deposit for a new house.

Option 2 - Lease something quick but not as bonkers as the M3 in terms of monthly rentals and running costs such as BMW 135i/335i/Audi S4/Merc A class

Option 3 - Is to just think "bugger it" and get a new M3 Saloon or Merc C63 saloon.

The first option is 85% likely to happen.

Going back to Bigmac's Golf R. I actually like it. Love Golf GTi's (have owned a couple in the past) but for my taste the difference in styling between the new R and the GTi just isn't big enough for such a difference in car, compared to the last model. No doubt it's just as much fun to drive and I suppose if it was a lairy looking as the Astra VXR for example (stunning in my opinion) it wouldn't satisfy the "wolf-in-sheeps-clothing" niche that some people are looking for.

A

Anonymous

Few crap outer shots

Inside the seats look horid they don't photograph well at all look great in the flesh.

Finally stupid place for the CD player in the bloody glove box.

No more jagger bombs for me ;)

A

Anonymous

I just love everything about this car right down to the rhombus shaped petrol cap cover which mirrors the lines of the car. Honestly, I just think that car is awesome!! :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

This is how happy I'm with my new car.

And the dog hates being in the back

The wheels look fabulous but like the seats don't photograph well everybody luvs them. Think I've got a giant bullseye on my back went to the seaside yesterday and had 4 Astra vxr's up my arse looking to race. Luckily I was slightly hungover and didn't rise to the bait well except once. When I got told of by da wife for showing of. Really those Astra's are quick but not so in the rain. Still haven't meet another 7R yet.

A

Anonymous

The dash of the R looks so much better than the S3, which dare i say looks pretty bland?
The golf stands out more from the golf range whereas the S3 looks like any other model in the A3 range.

A

Anonymous

mikeyv60 said:
The dash of the R looks so much better than the S3, which dare i say looks pretty bland?
The golf stands out more from the golf range whereas the S3 looks like any other model in the A3 range.

Well Mick there's a surprise :sleeping-yellow: Have you even been in a S3 :eusa-think: far superior to any BMW interior and mac i dont drink and post mate,if l did i would be blacklisted forever.

Been there, seen it and done it with the rcz,l live in the real world,but what l dont like is when someone Posts= "Wrapper" knowing it will Provoke other members, it was was a stupid post backed up by nothing but zzzzz.. Mick's statement on the Audi S3 interior...thats even better :lol: :lol: Bmw owner that's got the cheek to call another Marque bland... :roll: