What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Donna's definite replacement and Rizz's potential one

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

hanswuk said:
As far as I can see an RCZ and a Mini with similar original list prices have residuals which are no more than 2% or 3% apart. When you take into account the discounts that most people will be getting on the RCZ, I would guess a bit more than on a Mini, the difference appears to be negligible. However most Minis are quite a bit cheaper at list than RCZ's and so will be cheaper to buy and have less depreciation in £'s.

I can't see 10 year old RCZs commanding £5-10K like Cooper Ss do....... :eusa-think: :eusa-think:

Even 4yo olds (I plan on keeping this one 4 years) are about £16K depending on spec. You could pick up a 3-4 yo RCZ for £10K ....eeeek!

I reckon I've lost about £20K on Amber in the 3 years I had her :cry: Bought her for £27K, sold her for £13K - enough to clear the finance) but put £6.5K on her initially :( :(

hanswuk

Reaction score
Donna, it was just a quick non-scientific dive into Parkers to see what a 2011 £26k RCZ (200THP GT) was worth now compared to a petrol Mini of approximately the same value. The result was that a £25.9k RCZ would now be worth £12.2k as an average trade in whereas a £25.0k Mini would be worth £12.4k. However, interestingly, buying the Mini at a dealer would be £16.6k whereas the RCZ would be £14.6k which suggests that Mini dealers have much profit bigger margins?

Early purchasers of new models always suffer more depreciation because the cars tend not to be discounted when they are first introduced. Top of the range models with lots of extras also lose more £ than mid-range models. I believe that now an RCZ would carry a larger discount off list than a Mini which further narrows the gap towards the RCZ. I guess a lot depends on how much the dealer you're buying from wants your car.

A

Anonymous

I know that my chum with the 09 JCW paid the same as my GT last year. Depends very much where you shop. Trade in value for Minis is also very different to what they resell them for wheras there seems to be smaller margins when it comes to the RCZ.

Like any new car I Guess over 18 months you loose about 25% of the value. More if you finance

RCZ1

Reaction score
When I bought my Mini there was no budging on price by the dealer. "we don't discount as they are a sought after item" were their words. Mini's do keep their prices well too so you are almost guaranteed a good value come trade in.

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

Yup some crackers there and have looked at them all closely before but they're all so far away!!! :thumbdown: what, btw, was the owner thinking with the blue wheel nuts in the second one?! :lol:

On a second look l just noticed them LOL...there aint many about country wide,so pretty scarce they will be up in your neck of the woods,noticed there is 2 types of full leather,one with the blue stripe and the other has perforated leather,half leather would do me very nicely not a fan of full leather full stop...but i do have one reservation for ya mate...l know how you like them fancy bulbs :lol: why not hold out and wait a wee bit longer for a car with led drls/xenons/AFL :eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
jassyo06 said:
bigmac3161 said:
They are a fun car the new ones are turbos the old one I'd had the supercharger and loved to be revved and throu into corners enjoy. :)

Cooper S has the same engine as the THP rcz Mac :thumbup:

Eh...... NO! The new 2014 F56 is now 2.0L 189bhp ........ :auto-car: :auto-car: (I do believe it's the same engine as the 320i)

God that will be a first :wtf: a BMW HAVING the correct engine size according to the model designation/badge engine size.

D... :thumbup: its definetly a Burdz car thats for sure :)

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
donnaj1dlh said:
Eh...... NO! The new 2014 F56 is now 2.0L 189bhp ........ :auto-car: :auto-car: (I do believe it's the same engine as the 320i)

God that will be a first :wtf: a BMW HAVING the correct engine size according to the model designation/badge engine size.

It's nae often I agree with ye Jass but..............

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
donnaj1dlh said:
jassyo06 said:
Cooper S has the same engine as the THP rcz Mac :thumbup:

They all do it, Merc C180, C200, C250 <- Same engines, C63AMG should be a C62, Volvo's new S60 T6 comes with 4 cylinders not 6 etc etc.

@ Donna, i guess i can google it, but i didnt LOL Does the new cooper come with the 8speed ZF box? If so, a JB4 tune + that gearbox, should see you give both the ST and VXR carrots :beer: You will in effect have a Mini Cooper S with a 180kw 328i motor! HOLD ON TIGHT :cool:

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
mrizzle said:
jassyo06 said:

Yup some crackers there and have looked at them all closely before but they're all so far away!!! :thumbdown: what, btw, was the owner thinking with the blue wheel nuts in the second one?! :lol:

On a second look l just noticed them LOL...there aint many about country wide,so pretty scarce they will be up in your neck of the woods,noticed there is 2 types of full leather,one with the blue stripe and the other has perforated leather,half leather would do me very nicely not a fan of full leather full stop...but i do have one reservation for ya mate...l know how you like them fancy bulbs :lol: why not hold out and wait a wee bit longer for a car with led drls/xenons/AFL :eusa-think:

Yeah...I think you might be right there Jassy! :thumbup: I think I may be trying to et this done too quickly and as a result not going for exactly what I want. The trouble is, as you point out, there's not too many about. Vauxhall are only releasing a relatively small number into domestic markets so it's tricky to get one at a decent price. Perhaps I should hold off a little while. My only concern with that is how much will my RCZ lose in that time. :eusa-think: Mind you, they seen to have initially depreciated as much as my car so we shall see. Might be worth holding off until summer. I'm heading to the Lake District in summer time for a week so maybe I'll get a chance to do some southern scouting while done that way. There's very little for sale up in Scotland at the moment!

A

Anonymous

No Golf Rs going about then? (I prefer the look of them to be honest)........

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:

Bollox .... just noticed the price of them!! Eeek!

A

Anonymous

donnaj1dlh said:
donnaj1dlh said:

Bollox .... just noticed the price of them!! Eeek!

Yeah I'm priced out of them...for now! I've gone off the ST a bit to be honest. No offence to Jassy, they're still nice cars but I don't think I see myself in one and Jen vetoed it entirely.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
What about a Kia Pro_cee'd GT? They look pretty cool.

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:

Theres a couple in Aberdeen and they do look very smart. Id imagine a 12 month old one would be a bit of a bargin!

A

Anonymous

Abzynthe said:

Cracking looking car but not enough Bhp for Matt l think, yeah the focus is not as sporty looking as the VXR, but l love my St, it's got all the toys,and then some, their ain't many St's on the road with the spec as mine's,one mans meat is another man poison as they say,yeah hold out mate for the right car l am sure a Cracking one will turn up soon l do like the VXR in black/Arden blue

A

Anonymous

They're not bad looking cars but it doesn't really appeal to me to be honest Abz. Not enough grunt for me for one thing and, being a bit brattish about it, I don't really want to own a Kia. ;)

A

Anonymous

Yeah Jassy those are my two top pick colours as well. Mind you that's 50% of the colours that are on offer! :lol:

How are you enjoying the Mountune upgrade? Has it negatively affected the handling in any way? I still think that they're smart motors (particularly the ST3s)! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.