What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Donna's definite replacement and Rizz's potential one

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

Donna buy urself some proper tyres and u'll notice a marked improvement in the ride.

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
Donna buy urself some proper tyres and u'll notice a marked improvement in the ride.

I'm going for normal tyres Mac, no run-flat nonsense :)

A

Anonymous

They are a fun car the new ones are turbos the old one I'd had the supercharger and loved to be revved and throu into corners enjoy. :)

Abzynthe

Reaction score
I wasn't far off :D

:eusa-think:

A

Anonymous

Congrats to you both, a fine pair of cars there :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

Yea but rizzo even skinnier than jassy less weight equal power ;)

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:

Yeah, but the standard ego that comes with any VXR should even it out nicely :lol:

Jokes aside, i've got a bit of a soft spot for vxr's (opc in RSA). Truly amazing hot hatch. I watched a video of one on a wet track and poise of that car in those conditions gave me goosebumps. Will look for that vid a bit later.

A

Anonymous

MaX83 said:
bigmac3161 said:

Yeah, but the standard ego that comes with any VXR should even it out nicely :lol:

Jokes aside, i've got a bit of a soft spot for vxr's (opc in RSA). Truly amazing hot hatch. I watched a video of one on a wet track and poise of that car in those conditions gave me goosebumps. Will look for that vid a bit later.

Max :) Respect you do know you stuff.. :eusa-think: well most OF the time... :lol: ;)

Strange one that OPC badge, in my youth....far too many years ago... :lol: the Opel was always just a small bit posher than the equivalent Vauxhall wonder if thats still the same,rizzo the reasons i asked if it had xenons is because i have seen a few VXR's and none have had them mate..probable down to it being very expensive for the standard model when it was first introduced,l like it a lot in black,Arden blue....White still nice,its shade of white is on par with my focus,but after having 2 white cars in succession l am bored with the colour :lol:...Have you checked it for stonechips mate :eusa-think: :eusa-think: as reading on other forums the Astra is very suceptible for them having brittle paint,much like my FN2.

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:
They are a fun car the new ones are turbos the old one I'd had the supercharger and loved to be revved and throu into corners enjoy. :)

Cooper S has the same engine as the THP rcz Mac :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

mrizzle said:
Well...just checking in this evening. Had been entertains the olds and cooking dinner for the mother ship. This is tremendously interesting to hear what you guys had me down for and, to he fair, you guys have fairly honed in on what appeals to me and what I'd consider. Yup, you've nailed it. If I'm sacrificing looks then I'm replacing them with power. The Megane 265 RS was in the running but the retro interior and poor quality interior finish ultimately put me off. It's a weapon though and handles like a dream. Jassy, I'd definitely have gone for a GTR but the financial running costs make it unrealistic. So, until the Golf R comes down in price, I'm negotiating over...*drum roll please*....an Astra GTC VXR with Aero Bodykit.

It's not perfect, no say nav, no full leather, no xenons and not my first choice of colour. Yup, there's a bit of turbo lag and torque steer under hard acceleration but 280BHP, a wicked LSD (not the type with psychotropic properties mind) and 0-62 in 6secs flat...erm...yes please!! :D

Donna's OH is looking hard at what I'd like to buy!!!

Well done mrizzle! Great choice! IMO, the VXR is just more exciting than Golf! ;)

Sent from my SM-P605 using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

bigmac3161 said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As Max says, the Mountune upgrade puts the cars almost neck and neck (not sure about the weight to ratio...discounting the almost weightless drivers...:lol:). Would be an epic test though!!

A

Anonymous

Carrying passengers in the VXR catch phrase... "This isn't a caaar" all the best mate. Ps your a bit heavier than me...lol VXR=BAIN ,ST =DARK KNIGHT... lol just got to watch the dark knight rises on new Tv, so am bored with motors cracking car Matt

A

Anonymous

Aha yes but you're forgetting to factor in the brash confidence/arrogance of YOUTH! ;) :p :lol:

Anyway, I'm not counting my chickens yet. If it isn't this one then the replacement will be the GTC VXR. The salesman phoned today (think I have him sweating) and promised that he'd "have another word with his manager" about the fact that we are still not agreed on the total changeover cost but he sounded a little defeated (although this may be because he genuinely cannot stretch any further...we shall see).

Jassy, how was Dark Knight on the new beast? How many times is that that you've watched it now?! Bet you've seen it more than me by now!! :thumbup: Reading that the new one (with Ben A$$face) is being delayed further.

A

Anonymous

jassyo06 said:
bigmac3161 said:

Cooper S has the same engine as the THP rcz Mac :thumbup:

Eh...... NO! The new 2014 F56 is now 2.0L 189bhp ........ :auto-car: :auto-car: (I do believe it's the same engine as the 320i)

renegade79

Reaction score
Nice cars guys!! Good luck with the negotiations rizz.
I always thought that the cooper S was supercharged? I have to say the 1.6 version sounds bloody Marvellous!!

A

Anonymous

renegade79 said:
Nice cars guys!! Good luck with the negotiations rizz.
I always thought that the cooper S was supercharged? I have to say the 1.6 version sounds bloody Marvellous!!

All new engines in the F56s :dance:

A

Anonymous

OO58RON said:
I recall a conversation that I had with Richard Dyson a director at Peugeot UK, When I asked him why he was showing such an interest in the RCZ forum, he replied (something to the effect) that the RCZ was a new venture for Peugeot and was bringing new customers to the marque, he wanted to retain these new customers.

What a shame that the Peugeot dealer network has not supported him and as a result is loosing these customers due to their absolute incompetence and lack of product knowledge. To lose Donna a Pug stalwart is all the more shameful for them. I despair at the prices these buffoons charge when they really are clueless and not at all professional.

A sad sad time when customers are being lost as a result of shoddy dealerships :thumbdown:

Never got round to responding to this at the weekend.

In all fairness to my own experiences, I haven't had any problems with my dealers. Whether that's because my problems have been minor or I'm perhaps easier to please, I don't know :) I am a bit saddened to be leaving the marque but it's simply because nothing within the Peugeot range 'grabs' me anymore. I guess this can be said for a lot of brands as a lot of cars are going down the 'eco engine' route ..... apart from the big guns. I was so underwhelmed by the GTI that I knew it was the end of my relationship with Pug ...and I'm not daft enough to waste money on the RCZR (no offence to anyone who has bought one as I would have had one in a minute had I been able to afford it) but with the residuals of the 'normal' RCZ plummeting like a stone I wasn't going to be bitten again.

So, it's off to the world of MINI/BMW I go ..... I hope to have the same trouble free, enjoyable motoring that I had with every single Peugeot I had. Fourteen years has flown by.....

hanswuk

Reaction score
As far as I can see an RCZ and a Mini with similar original list prices have residuals which are no more than 2% or 3% apart. When you take into account the discounts that most people will be getting on the RCZ, I would guess a bit more than on a Mini, the difference appears to be negligible. However most Minis are quite a bit cheaper at list than RCZ's and so will be cheaper to buy and have less depreciation in £'s.

Status
Not open for further replies.