What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

+125.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Re: 30.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

renegade79 said:
well, now you get to do it all over again and rack up another 30,000 hard paced miles on those autobahns.. :dance:

You're right. I'm already on it. The miles are just flying by :greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

another mark on the ODO. this is close to 45.000 miles now.

car runs still very strong, no technical issues at all. I only need to update the navigation maps. they are still from 2013 :greetings-wavingblue:

Attachments

• IMG_20160110_133256-01.jpeg
    IMG_20160110_133256-01.jpeg
    33.2 KB · Views: 9,246

rcz200it

Reaction score

I imagine that the r has ngk platinum, on my thp 200 thp it had beru plugs, i Went for ngk iridium which is the top spec possibile, the car is more fluid on low revs till Red limiter, no Last kick top end of standard beru plugs,the iridium Last twice as long than ngk platinum.

hubcaps

Reaction score

RCZ-R said:
Thanks guys!

I just went past the 50.000km mark this weekend (equates to over 31.000 miles).

Brakes: I'd say, if driven reasonably and the "usual way" compared to my BTCC style :lol: they should be good for like 3 annual services. I asked at my shop and they told me the other R drivers do not have this high pad wear off. This dealer sold like 3 or 5 of those R's during 2014.

Tyres: I went thru one set of those GY as they come with the car and one set of Pirelli winter tyres. Now those GY are done, down to 3mm at the front. I need new summer tyres.

Interesting reading. I'm looking forward to warmer roads so that I can push my R that bit more! Out of interest do you run yours on 95 octane or super unleaded?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RCZ-R

Reaction score

hubcaps said:
Interesting reading. I'm looking forward to warmer roads so that I can push my R that bit more! Out of interest do you run yours on 95 octane or super unleaded?

Only on premium fuels like Shell nitro or BP ultimate. The engine has noticeable more power on those fuels compared to regular 95.

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Thank you!

Guys, I'm close to the 50.000 miles mark. Give me another month or two and I will write about the 50k :greetings-wavingblue:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Here we are, car goes into 50.000 miles service next week.

The title of this thread needs an update :dance:

Issues so far? Almost none apart from some minor issues like a bit more oil consumption between the services (up to 0.5 liters for the entire service stretch from about 0.2 liters at the beginning)

RCZ-R

Reaction score
Re: 50.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

Here we are, over 80k kilometers equates to +50.000 miles :beer:

In short: car is running fine, engine is strong, no major issues at all (the minor ones are not worth mentioning, but I will mention them) and the most important thing - I still enjoy driving it!! Nothing in these regards has changed. She still offers a hugely engaging drive. And when you push her hard, it gets even better. The body still feels as rigid as new.

I will post some pictures of the interior as soon as we have nice weather down here. The paint needs some detailing. I mean, I hardly ever wash her during the year. She is working hard :lol:
I rather keep her very clean on the inside (because this is where I sit and spend my time) than on the outside. And it rains here like for 8 days a week.

More to come soon!

Attachments

• RCZ_80k.jpg
    RCZ_80k.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 8,704

DKZ5745

Reaction score

RCZ-R said:
another mark on the ODO. this is close to 45.000 miles now.

car runs still very strong, no technical issues at all. I only need to update the navigation maps. they are still from 2013 :greetings-wavingblue:

Checkout this thread viewtopic.php?f=30&t=10036

That should sort you out :thumbup:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Thank you! :greetings-wavingblue:

I already purchased the newest map and put them on the car's device. Huge difference compared to the old one. Mine is the NG4 device, so I had hard times to find something on the net. Went for the "old-school" choice, I just bought them :D

DKZ5745

Reaction score

I didn't realise any of the R's had the NG4 :eusa-think: glad you got it sorted though :clap:

RCZ1

Reaction score

DKZ5745 said:
I didn't realise any of the R's had the NG4 :eusa-think: glad you got it sorted though :clap:

European Rs did. It's the UK models which had RT6

RCZ-R

Reaction score

it's gone. missed that one.

how much was it? mine is June 2014 with currently 52k on the odo.

A

Anonymous

Going by memory, I think it had just under 60k miles, but was the first UK registered 'R. However, the guy couldn't be bothered to remove the "Saver" carrier bag off the gear stick before taking photos, and little lazy things like that would make you question how well it has been looked after...

renegade79

Reaction score

RCZ-R said:
it's gone. missed that one.

how much was it? mine is June 2014 with currently 52k on the odo.

I think it was €13999, certainly no more than €14,000.The seller claims it was the first R to be registeted in the UK and this car was first unveiled at the Goodwood festival of speed. Mileage was around 60k.

RCZ-R

Reaction score

OK, thanks!
The first Rs arrived by Oct 2013. So I'm dragging it by at least 8-9 months :D which equates to at least 18k miles in my case. 18+52 would make now over 70k miles on my R (I tend to do less miles during winter time). If I received the car by Oct 2013. Actually I signed the contract in Oct 2013 and then went on to a 9 months wait (talking about having a baby).

A

Anonymous

I'm still thinking of upgrading to RCZ-R - I need to go and drive one really but my only concern is the ride quality. Some reviews I've read have said it is fine (indeed, although slightly firmer it is better than the 200GT), others have said it is harsh on poor roads (several on the way to work and this is my daily driver). How have you found the ride on anything other than smooth autobahn? :eusa-think: Would appreciate comments from any other R owners too...

misterx

Reaction score

Gerrard said:
Going by memory, I think it had just under 60k miles, but was the first UK registered 'R. However, the guy couldn't be bothered to remove the "Saver" carrier bag off the gear stick before taking photos, and little lazy things like that would make you question how well it has been looked after...

Don't suppose you know the date of registration? Curious as mine was also allegedly the first private one to be bought in the UK. I got it in the first week of Jan 14 but couldn't actually register it until a bit later that month due to admin-related aggravation concerning transfer of my private plate onto an unregistered vehicle.

Another post on this forum says the R was around from Oct 13, but that does not include availability for sale in the UK as far as I know. Wikipedia (for what it's worth) says "The RCZ R went on sale in January 2014 at £31,995". I know there were a few demo models being driven around by the likes of Autocar. The stats show six R's registered in the UK in the last quarter of 2013, which I was told were dealer registrations and/or the ones lent out to magazines and reviewers for UK demos as opposed to being registered due to a sale.