What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

+125.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

frankvdb

Reaction score
Re: 30.000 miles with the RCZ R (my story)

drdino said:
The 200 has an extra brace bar between the lower wishbones. All RCZ s have anti roll bars.
That's the bar I meant (it's called "veerpootbrug" in Dutch and I translated it incorrectly)

Joske

Reaction score
Sint-Huibrechts-Hern - Limburg - Flanders

frankvdb said:
drdino said:
The 200 has an extra brace bar between the lower wishbones. All RCZ s have anti roll bars.
That's the bar I meant (it's called "veerpootbrug" in Dutch and I translated it incorrectly)

Hey Frank, "Veerpootbrug" is something different. That's the one on top. The lower bar is called "draagarmbrug". ;)

Translated as lower and upper strut brace.

I mounted the lower strut brace from Ultra Racing on my HDi. The difference is well noticable on the racetrack. Little less oversteer. :)

2retro

Reaction score

Veerpootbrug, Draagarmbrug - sounds like my IKEA shopping list! :lol:

frankvdb

Reaction score

Joske said:
frankvdb said:
drdino said:

Hey Frank, "Veerpootbrug" is something different. That's the one on top. The lower bar is called "draagarmbrug". ;)

Translated as lower and upper strut brace.

I mounted the lower strut brace from Ultra Racing on my HDi. The difference is well noticable on the racetrack. Little less oversteer. :)

Thanks for your correction. I did say it's below the engine (so I think you'd have to go under the car to see it).
I have asked by dealer when I found out about this bar to fit it to my car but they were not keen to do so (I think they were not sure whether it would fit etc.) so I left it as is also because I don't take the car to the track anyways. Did you mount the bar yourself?

renegade79

Reaction score

I love the international-ness of this Forum!!! Most Excellent :clap:

@Mistral_blue - Do it!! You know it makes sense :eusa-whistle:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

UPDATE:

took the R and the kid for another run in the Alps during last week. As before, the R is well built for good mountain roads and a fast pace up or downhill. Brakes cope with the heat (it was hot there, up to 30C). The turbo lag is not a problem at high altitudes (went up to 2200 meters). The R is a good car for the Alps.

While driving there I met 2 other RCZ R, both from Swiss. Both in black. A black R looks nice when approaching from front. Almost like a MP4-12C :cool:
But the Swiss never drive fast on mountain roads.

Met also a 918 Spyder but was managing a very low speed too. The same goes for all other porsches I met there. Must be a porsch disease :lol:

I also met the new Ford Focus RS with light disguise on a test run uphill. Unfortunately we had another plans going downhill that day. Otherwise I'd run after them. They had a serious pace and sounded nice. Not too loud and without stupid burping and farting exhaust noises.

Attachments

• IMG_20150729_142513-01_R.jpg
    IMG_20150729_142513-01_R.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 7,274
A

Anonymous

Great pic and a great car to be doing those roads in... one day... :eusa-think:

renegade79

Reaction score

i think its a swiss disease more like :mrgreen:

great photo :beer:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Thanks guys.
I had one week to enjoy the Dolomites. Great views, nice roads but a bit to crowded. I will get back there during low season. The scenery is just breath taking. Only the french Alps descending towards Monaco are even better.

Another interesting take away was the high MPG I was maintaining while driving those mountains. I was always pushing and only once a motorcycle overtook me :lol:
Nevertheless the car managed a brilliant almost 40MPG in those conditions. I zeroed the BC before going for the ride. The result can be seen below.
Most of the time in second or third gear, accelerating hard uphills, getting away from motorcycles cause they are too slow in corners, overtaking cars, etc.
Once I even run into the Carabinieri but they were cool :cool:

Attachments

• 72L.jpg
    72L.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 7,243
A

Anonymous

Great read, im impressed how stable my R is on the road (and how quick it is), and my average mpg is still around 40mpg, keep up the good work :)

A

Anonymous

Best I've had from my 200THP is 44 and that was a steady plain Jane motorway run from Newcastle to Reading. My daily commute averages low to mid 30s with only the occasional heavy boot.

Dammit, I and my bank balance *need* an R! :lol:

RCZ-R

Reaction score

And the best bit is, although you see a lot Ferraris (458, 458 Speciale, 599) and Masers down there, the RCZ gets a lot of attention and thumbs up. :beer:

renegade79

Reaction score

tony1968 said:
Great read, im impressed how stable my R is on the road (and how quick it is), and my average mpg is still around 40mpg, keep up the good work :)
:thumbup:

pete.garratt

Reaction score

stevebasshead said:
Best I've had from my 200THP is 44

I once got a reported 53mpg from my old gt200. Again, that was on a 'soft' run from Carlisle to London, using cruise control at 65mph.

A

Anonymous

pete.garratt said:
stevebasshead said:
Best I've had from my 200THP is 44

I once got a reported 53mpg from my old gt200. Again, that was on a 'soft' run from Carlisle to London, using cruise control at 65mph.
Impressive! I've a trip to Cardiff next month, doubt I'll get 53 but if I can keep my right hoof in check I might get another 44ish.

RCZ-R

Reaction score

Have you also noticed the hotter outside the louder the sound generator inside?
Like now, we have close to 40°C over here. When you rev the engine beyond 4000 the sound gets louder and more aggressive.

RCZ-R

Reaction score

RCZ1 said:
Over 40C ! You're joking aren't you ;)

OK, it is only 40 :D
But doesn't matter at the end. As soon as the ambient temperature passes the 35°C, the sound generator gets roarty. I like it very much this way :D

renegade79

Reaction score

stevebasshead said:
Dammit, I and my bank balance *need* an R! :lol:
I hear ya buddy :eusa-whistle: