What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

What car are you trading up (or down) from?

A

Anonymous

Mine was a 20tCC GT Silver/Full Red/BLk leather trim - large alloys. Convertable roof was starting to play up. Car was 3 years old.
Traded up - was a bit of a 'hairdressers' car. Should have noticed when I bought it that it had a perfume holder in the dashboard!!!!!

A

Anonymous

I'm trading up from a Hyundai coupe siii on a 09 plate iv only had it a year. I first saw the RCZ at the London motor show in 2008 and said if peugeot make that car I'm having one, so when I heard it was coming out this year that was it I had to have one!

A

Anonymous

I have already traded in my 2008 VW Beetle, and ordered an RCZ156. Dealer insisted that trade-in price would drop sharply if I waited until delivery. Am I a mug for doing this?

A

Anonymous

Golf 1.4 Mk 5 manual... Will miss it but I'm sure the new RCZ will cheer me up! haha

A

Anonymous

earlgray said:
I have already traded in my 2008 VW Beetle, and ordered an RCZ156. Dealer insisted that trade-in price would drop sharply if I waited until delivery. Am I a mug for doing this?

This is always gonna happen, especially in this current economic climate. The salesman will want as much cash flow as he can get his hands on asap (no surprises there!). If you give it to him on delivery then its an extra 3 months that he has to wait for before he can sell on the parts of your old car (or whatever else he plans to do with it) and therefore get any money. So its no surprise that he's offering you a greater trade in price if you give it sooner rather than later. So no... you are no mug, lets just hope you bargained for a high trade in price.

FGRob

Reaction score
When I traded my IQ in I was in a similar situation, the dealer gave me a loan car while I waited - about a month, I got more for my trade in and the garage got the sale - good service.

A

Anonymous

earlgray said:
I was in the same situation, but as the dealer offered £2500 more than the previous dealer I tried (yes I did say £2500)I was happy to let him have it, just having to live with the commuting car for 2 months now. :oops:

GaryLarry

Reaction score
marianne said:
Mine was a 9 year old Hyundai coupe......has taken a-g-e-s to find a car I like enough to buy, but the RCZ is def. The One!

Amazing! Same here. Mine is a 10 year old Hyundai Coupe F2 - traded in for a Nera Black (Champagne Arches) - in Calais as we 'speak'! Can. Not. Wait.

A

Anonymous

GaryLarry said:
marianne said:
Mine was a 9 year old Hyundai coupe......has taken a-g-e-s to find a car I like enough to buy, but the RCZ is def. The One!

Amazing! Same here. Mine is a 10 year old Hyundai Coupe F2 - traded in for a Nera Black (Champagne Arches) - in Calais as we 'speak'! Can. Not. Wait.
Hi GaryLarry and welcome :greetings-wavingblue: . I will be trading my Hyundai coupe Atlantic in on Friday and am beside myself with excitement. All good things come to those who wait... :eusa-whistle:

A

Anonymous

Didn't even look back at my 206 as I jumped into my new RCZ!

A

Anonymous

2009 Saab 93 convertible - never had a Peugeot, never really wanted one until the RCZ, lets see how long I keep this one....

A

Anonymous

I traded in my Mazda 6 Kuano,great car,top of the range,with BOSSE sound system,must say the RCZ standard stereo is great.

A

Anonymous

Ours was a Ford Focus ST3, 3 and half years old. We had all intentions of keeping it as we did like it even though it was juicy that was until my hubby went to have a look at the RCZ back in June. From then on he didnt stop going on about it. And we have never had a Peugeot and he said he would never have one.

A

Anonymous

TJ Mitsubishi Magna. Had it for ten years and it's been fantastic- great for covering all those Australian country miles. RCZ is almost the antithesis so should be entertaining

A

Anonymous

I traded in a 2004 Chrysler crossfire, lovely car, except my mpg return and my pocket!

RCZ1

Reaction score
The RCZ has certainly attracted drivers from all sorts of different cars, judging by this thread. Just goes to show what a great looking car Peugeot have produced :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

Traded in my 207cc THP that was nearly 3 years' old. Paid extra at time for blue tooth and heated seats that now come as standard on the RCZ. It's also good to have electric seat adjustment at last :clap: .

Had a 206cc 2.0 before that and sold it to my daughter who is still doing her absolute best to drive it into the ground! I try to ignore the ashtray overflowing with cigarette ends, fake tan and make up embedded into the black leather interior, scratch marks on the leather seats from her dog and excrutiating clubbing music blasting from the stereo. When questioned by her father about the exhaust blowing on a visit home, she said she had noticed a noise but turned up the music even louder so she didn't hear it :roll:

Also got a 4x4 to make sure I can escape from where I live in the middle of nowhere when the weather demands it.

A

Anonymous

I had a 18mth old Seat Ibiza 1.6 SC in black. I loved it to bits as it was fast, beautiful to drive and handled like a go kart. I passed it on to my youngest daughter (20) who also took ownership of my previous car which was a Renault Clio 1.5dci. I traded the Clio in for my RCZ. Daughter didn’t object.

A

Anonymous

I'm trading in a Mercedes C Class coupe (180 Kompresor) 54 plate.

Wendy