What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spare wheel - Solutions available

A

Anonymous

hi purchased new 19 inch alloy off ebay £150 tyre £60 and jack £30 wheel fits nice just let pressure down slightly

A

Anonymous

jimbrodie 1
Have you just put this wheel back on ebay as a new listing has the same pictures ??

hubcaps

Reaction score
Driving round Europe in the summer and like the guys and gals here didn't fancy doing 2500 miles ish without a spare wheel of some sort. So onto EBay and got a 17" alloy from a 407 with a 215/55/17 tyre. This is only about 2.5mm less in overall diameter than the 19" tyres and unlike a spacesaver, allows you to get on your way at more than 50 mph. Also bought an insert for the spare with jack etc included. Ok, so it will only fit the rear but so what? The cost? Well I've saved nearly £500 by going down this route instead of a 19 incher. It has the same offset (45) and same bolt pitch (108) as standard. Sorted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A

Anonymous

hubcaps said:
Driving round Europe in the summer and like the guys and gals here didn't fancy doing 2500 miles ish without a spare wheel of some sort. So onto EBay and got a 17" alloy from a 407 with a 215/55/17 tyre. This is only about 2.5mm less in overall diameter than the 19" tyres and unlike a spacesaver, allows you to get on your way at more than 50 mph. Also bought an insert for the spare with jack etc included. Ok, so it will only fit the rear but so what? The cost? Well I've saved nearly £500 by going down this route instead of a 19 incher. It has the same offset (45) and same bolt pitch (108) as standard. Sorted!!

Top job hubcaps, another solution should folks be looking into this subject :thumbup:

Enjoy the smiles and miles.
Keep safe and keep detailing.

hubcaps

Reaction score
Here you go! I think this is the best and cheapest solution to the spare wheel dilemma. 17" alloy off a 407 + 215/55/17 tyre. Scissor jack and foam insert from same model. The jack fits perfectly. The wheel bolt holes are the same pitch as the 19"s and the bore is 65.1mm which is the same as well.

hubcaps

Reaction score

A

Anonymous

hubcaps said:
Here you go! I think this is the best and cheapest solution to the spare wheel dilemma. 17" alloy off a 407 + 215/55/17 tyre. Scissor jack and foam insert from same model. The jack fits perfectly. The wheel bolt holes are the same pitch as the 19"s and the bore is 65.1mm which is the same as well.

Very useful piece of information for our newer members that haven't as yet got around to formulating their solution to this problem. Well done :clap:

thornebt

Reaction score
I've just bought an RCZ and pick it up on Thursday. I mentioned to the salesman that I'm going to get a Peugeot 407 spare wheel for it and he said that he heard of a case where a woman put a spare wheel in her car that was supplied without one and it invalidated her insurance when she had an accident because it counts as a vehicle modification. I know this sounds slightly ridiculous - especially as I think the RCZ has a wheel well so is presumably designed to carry a spare if required.

Does anyone know, please, if this is the view taken by insurance companies? I guess I could ask my specific insurance company but I don't want to draw their attention to the matter. I'm an old fashioned bloke who wouldn't drive around without a spare so I will do it anyway and just chuck it over the hedge if I smash into something.

Abzynthe

Reaction score
You could always call as if your getting a quote and just ask if the spare wheel would affect the insurance ;)

That way it isnt tied to your policy :)

A

Anonymous

That a scary suggestion, as a lot of us have spare wheels now. Mine was supplied by Peugeot UK. So where does this leave us? Sounds a little bit like gossip and misinformation to me.

Reaction score
Perhaps if you carried a set of golf clubs in your boot that would be a modification, so I suggest you put your spare wheel in large suitcase for which the boot is designed & therefore be classed as luggage & no longer a modification :)

A

Anonymous

mason5465sharon09 said:
Perhaps if you carried a set of golf clubs in your boot that would be a modification, so I suggest you put your spare wheel in large suitcase for which the boot is designed & therefore be classed as luggage & no longer a modification :)

Now that's what I call a genius suggestion ..... Are you a lawyer by any chance :eusa-think:

Reaction score
Lainey said:
mason5465sharon09 said:

Now that's what I call a genius suggestion ..... Are you a lawyer by any chance :eusa-think:

Just an under rated receptionist for a manufacturing company :)

A

Anonymous

mason5465sharon09 said:

Genius, pure genius :clap:

RCZash

Reaction score
Hi all My solution is shown in post (Asphalt photos) full size alloy, part worn tyre about 3.5 to 4 mm tread, full pressure, foam under to protect alloy face, old shower curtain wrap to stop tyre rubber marking wheel well, foam to protect inner face of wheel, jack etc. then fit in. It sits about quarter of an inch proud so have fitted some padding round

RCZash

Reaction score
Since my last post I have revisited the one ref jacking points. I think should I ever have the misfortune to get a puncture I will call the R.A.C to change the wheel. Then I have someone else to blame if the is any damage.

A

Anonymous

Spare 19" Solstice alloy for sale, with tyre.

No kerbing - this was purchased from a Peugeot dealership and I believe is a refurbished unit.

Accelera tyre has full tread, never had to use so as new.

Will fit in the wheel recess in the boot.

Open to offers - will eBay it if nobody on the forum fancies it.

RCZash

Reaction score
HI again My brain just engaged again. A 19 inch with a new tyre will properly not fit in the well. Mine is a snug fit with the part worn on.