What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Spare wheel - Solutions available

turboguy

Reaction score
You might want to look at this for the boot
thanks for that link :) never thought anybody else would be cheaper, seen it on fish brothers but didnt want to pay the postage. Since stoneacre has them might buy one from them as they are more local

Reactions: 845

Goatz

Reaction score
So if an 18” with wheel fits in the boot and can fit both front and back wheels, I guess this is a better option than the 407 spacesaver? i have the 19” wheels

Verminator

Staff member
Reaction score
Goatz I have 19' wheels on both of mine and the wife's RCZ and I have put 19' wheels in the tyre well fits in ok and just put two layers of carpet underlay in to let boot carpet fit flush...
Drive safe and stay lucky 🍀
Les n Co

Goatz

Reaction score
Thanks Les. I can source both a cheap 18” and a 407 space saver so was wondering which would be better? Would love a 19” but too expensive right now :)

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am completely new to the forum, so please excuse me if I am doing something wrong in posting here. I suggest that using anything on the front other than a rim and tyre combination with the same rolling circumference as the other side could be problematic for the stability program on the car. It may see the different rotation speed of the two driving wheels as an abnormality that needs fixing and alter the driving characteristics. IMHO the best solution I have seen here is a spacesaver with the correct wheel stud spacing that will fit in the boot well and is only used on the rear wheel on the same side as the puncture in the front wheel. You then transfer the unpunctured rear to the punctured front. Any ordinary scissor jack will lift the wheel as these are not heavy cars and they do come with acceptable jacking points at the front and rear on each side. I'm horrified at the money mentioned to get a solution to this problem which I am in a hurry to solve as the roads here in NZ are crap.

lfe

Reaction score
Diameter of the front brake discs:
156HP : 304mm
200HP: 340mm
270 HP: 380 mm

I have measured the distance between the inside of the rim and the front brake caliper on my 156 HP with 19" wheels and it is more than 30 mm, so if I put a 17" alloy wheel from a 407 it should go well. .. I am going to buy a used wheel with a 215/55/17 tire

Reactions: 845

Reaction score
Diameter of the front brake discs:
156HP : 304mm
200HP: 340mm
270 HP: 380 mm

I have measured the distance between the inside of the rim and the front brake caliper on my 156 HP with 19" wheels and it is more than 30 mm, so if I put a 17" alloy wheel from a 407 it should go well. .. I am going to buy a used wheel with a 215/55/17 tire
Sounds like an excellent solution to a silly problem that should never have existed in the first place. Thanks for doing the research. I'll begin looking for this rim this week.

lfe

Reaction score
Solved for me!

It is a 215/55/17 wheel from a Peugeot 407, note that only some 407 had 17" wheels, most were 16"

The wheel is just 2 or 3 mm in diameter less than the 235/40/19 of the car

It fits perfectly in the hole, without having to deflate. On top it is level with the metal floor. It does not raise the boot floor.

In my 156HP it can be mounted in front, it does not touch the brake caliper.

I have cut the plastic part of the arrows to make it easier to place

The wheel cost me €50 at wallapop, local, free classified ads from all over UK

For a new space saver wheel they ask €180 - €200.

The jack is this : https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07P1S5R6F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?

IMG_20220501_174522.jpg

Last edited:

Kenneth

Reaction score
I bought a spare alloy with a new tyre off eBay that match the alloys on mine for £70. Think it’s the “Le Man’s” wheels? Had to let some air out to fit the wheel well but that’s not a big issue to reinflate if needed. 19” and it fits snug. I had some of that stiff 3/4” packaging foam and stuck that under the boot mat to keep everything level. No way was I driving around without a spare wheel. I have a low profile hydraulic jack in the car too. In a box.

Pedro

Reaction score
I have a 19" in my boot well like a few others on here as a small wheel means swopping over the backs to the front if you have a puncture to accommodate a dummy wheel

will_berry70

Reaction score
I got my 18" ally as a spare from the FB RCZ group, it was part of a scrapped. 18" fits perfectly well and I'm told 19" will if not fully inflated.

Kenneth

Reaction score
I got my 18" ally as a spare from the FB RCZ group, it was part of a scrapped. 18" fits perfectly well and I'm told 19" will if not fully inflated.
You need to let some air out on the 19” to get it in. Don’t know why they stick 19” wheels on these then make a wheel well that it can’t quite fit in inflated🙄there’s only mm’s in it

Kenneth

Reaction score

Nuboy

Reaction score
It will for the wheel well. It’s nearly 200 sheets for one. You’d be as well getting a proper alloy second hand for much less. There’s plenty around
Thanks for the Wheel Well confirmation. Do you know about the front and rear fit?

Kenneth

Reaction score
Thanks for the Wheel Well confirmation. Do you know about the front and rear fit?
I have a 19” alloy wheel in the well. So there’s no doubt the spacer will fit easily. If I thats the one that fits the RCZ then it will go on front or back fine. You’re right to get a wheel of some description regardless. Get a trolley jack as well and don’t use the supposed jacking points. They are made of cardboard 😜 and keep a block of wood in with it. Give yourself a practice run as well at home so you don’t need to do it the first time in an emergency. I didn’t let my kids take my car until I’d seen them change a wheel. 👍🏼

lfe

Reaction score
If the rim is 18" it should not collide with the brake caliper both front and rear, except on the RCZ-R which needs at least 19" in front