What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

RCZ Feline Pack

FGRob

Reaction score
Interesting lip spoiler on the back, I wonder how that works with the existing one.

It would be interesting to see how it looks with twin instead of quad, I'm thinking ovals with a slight slash cut too them :?:

Rob

A

Anonymous

If the number plate on the dolphin blue car says "RC Line" I believe that the bodykit is designed by Irmscher (probably best know for making body kits for Vauxhall) , they have designed a range of parts for the peugeot range. Peugeot UK have supplied 4007 and 407 models with Irmscher bodykits as standard at various times.

RCZ1

Reaction score
I had an irmscher kit on my last car (Vauxhall). Really made the car stand out. The bodykit on the RCZ looks great too !

A

Anonymous

Do "go faster stripes" and non-performance enhancing exhausts count as modifications when it comes to insurance quotes?

Stripes look great on the white - bit of an old Porche copy though. Would need further info to convince me such detail on the Dolphin Blue would look good - maybe less is more on this colour. I think I quite fancy the quad exhausts so long as the price was sensible and fitting relatively simple. Seems a bit hit and miss on the parts and prices offered for this extra at the moment.

Body kit looks good but hearing its designed by Vauxhall kind of takes away a bit of the kudos. I already park 10" inches away from the kerb to avoid curbing the alloys. I'd be parking next to the central white line if I had skirts as well.

That grill - yeuk!! :thumbdown: Why would I want to put a metal mosquito net on the front of my car??

I feel Peugeot should have thought of a different name for this pack - feline is a bit of a feminine word in my view . Just seems an odd name based on the number of men who also drive RCZs. My alpha male husband hated my 207 cc but loves the RCZ though I couldn't see him feeling comfortable ordering something called feline. I always thought it was men that were more into stripes and quad exhausts than women. Anyway, what do I know, I'm only a consumer :eusa-think:

Did the marketing guys from Peugeot actually do any market research on these add ons using real RCZ driving and paying customers? I think it smacks of designs drawn on fag packets at 3pm during an extended friday lunchtime down the pub. :wtf:

A

Anonymous

Personally don't mind the name - given the Peugeot motif is a lion, feline makes sort of sense.

I like the flattened quads - a better look imo than the normal circular quads. The sticker is also okay but I think for white, black or charcoal cars only. Certainly much better than the current thick chunky line options.

Not convinced by the side skirts or spoiler lip, and I really dislike the mesh grill. So unless you can pick 'n' mix from the pack will probably be avoiding.

A

Anonymous

Hi All,

Just to clarify / answer a few points:-

- Exhaust fumes. Having tested this for a number of weeks the fumes are exiting the pipes in equal proportions.

- The Irmscher pack shown in this thread is not associated with the Official Peugeot pack that was detailed in the opening post.

- Pricing is yet to be announced for the Feline Pack. We will be detailing this to our Dealer Network in the new year along with full photography of a car fitted with the Pack (rather than the 'spy-shot' photos that i posted). You have had the information early as i thought you would find it of interest.

- Feline as a name - it's interesting to hear the feedback on this, at Peugeot it has been used in the past and associated with products of a sporting nature (this is certainly the case internationally) so we felt that it worked well for the pack, but I understand that it won't be to everybody's taste.

Thanks for all your feedback -

Regards

Peugeot Prod

A

Anonymous

gemini said:
Do "go faster stripes" and non-performance enhancing exhausts count as modifications when it comes to insurance quotes?

believe they do - certainly in the event of a total loss claim I doubt your insurer would pay up for anything on the car that you hadn't previously informed them about

RCZ1

Reaction score
Irmscher are not actually made by Vauxhall. Irmscher is a totally independant tuning and manufacturing company, that supply body kits for Vauxhall AND Peugeot.

A

Anonymous

gemini said:
Body kit looks good but hearing its designed by Vauxhall kind of takes away a bit of the kudos. I already park 10" inches away from the kerb to avoid curbing the alloys. I'd be parking next to the central white line if I had skirts as well.

That grill - yeuk!! :thumbdown: Why would I want to put a metal mosquito net on the front of my car??

I feel Peugeot should have thought of a different name for this pack - feline is a bit of a feminine word in my view . Just seems an odd name based on the number of men who also drive RCZs. My alpha male husband hated my 207 cc but loves the RCZ though I couldn't see him feeling comfortable ordering something called feline. I always thought it was men that were more into stripes and quad exhausts than women. Anyway, what do I know, I'm only a consumer :eusa-think:

Did the marketing guys from Peugeot actually do any market research on these add ons using real RCZ driving and paying customers? I think it smacks of designs drawn on fag packets at 3pm during an extended friday lunchtime down the pub. :wtf:

I think the type of people that want quad exhausts on their car wouldnt even say that they have any kind of "pack" even if it were called "Hungry thrust Lion pack" or something silmilarly butch :lol: Quad exhaust will always be quads to blokes :lol:

A

Anonymous

Saw Peugeot Prods feline pack RCZ in the flesh today when I was out and about in Coventry! I must say, after initially bring a litlle hesitant about the stripes and the front grille but seeing it up close it looks much better in the flesh and really suits that colour in particular! I'm sure that it was the same one but didn't have the quad exhaust! :thumbdown: , oh well it was still a beauty!

A

Anonymous

A serious question for Peugeot Prod - why do Peugeot feel the need to offer this pack/options?

Obviously, taste in such add-ons is very personal so one size won't fit all but it all seems over the top. It's such a lovely car and an absolute joy to drive so why, apart from trying to make money, is this happening? I appreciate all cars have additional extras but this pack seems to have so many bits "borrowed" from other makes and thrown on to one car.

It's as though boy racers are coming up with these ideas. I thought I'd purchased a car with some class but I'm getting a feeling we will all be meeting in supermarket car parks to see who has the loudest audio speakers, biggest exhausts and most stripes.

Perhaps I'm just a bit boring now but I've owned a lot of the "you absolutely can't miss me cars" and grown out of that totally in your face style. Despite not wanting to, if customizing the RCZ becomes common, I may well become an Audi TT owner :roll: .

A

Anonymous

gemini said:
A serious question for Peugeot Prod - why do Peugeot feel the need to offer this pack/options?

Obviously, taste in such add-ons is very personal so one size won't fit all but it all seems over the top. It's such a lovely car and an absolute joy to drive so why, apart from trying to make money, is this happening? I appreciate all cars have additional extras but this pack seems to have so many bits "borrowed" from other makes and thrown on to one car.

It's as though boy racers are coming up with these ideas. I thought I'd purchased a car with some class but I'm getting a feeling we will all be meeting in supermarket car parks to see who has the loudest audio speakers, biggest exhausts and most stripes.

Perhaps I'm just a bit boring now but I've owned a lot of the "you absolutely can't miss me cars" and grown out of that totally in your face style. Despite not wanting to, if customizing the RCZ becomes common, I may well become an Audi TT owner :roll: .

As it stands the RCZ and the DS3 are pretty much the most customisable cars on the market. Think how much insurance companies charge younger drivers for modifications, laarger rims, side skirts, exhausts etc.. getting these as factory fit options mean lower premiums while allowing the car manufacturer to get some additional income too.

The Exhasut option is common on nearly all cars in a sports car catagory. For example, Porsche on their Boxster / Caymen offer a sports exhasut pack for those wanting to hear the noise a bit more as some people who pay £40k+ on a car want it to sound thrilling, there are also an awful lot of buyers who want near silence from their £40k sports car and giving the option allows catering for all types.

Looking at the age of RCZ owners I can fully appreciate that an optional exhaust may not be high on many of the older drivers wish list but as it stands it was the one thing I felt the car lacked. That sense of aural pleasure. to the eyes it is gorgeous, to drive its precise and fluid, but to hear... well.. for me anyway a little more razamataz will be recieved greatly :lol: .... if of course it gives it a bit more sound... If not i'm sure it wont be long before Im increasing bore diameters, buying a standard backbox and performing some DIY surgery and generally getting the hands dirty :lol: :roll:

A

Anonymous

I have to agree with gemini. Whilst the quads do look good, they should have been available as an option when the car was launched. The front grill looks awfull and the side transfers are very 1970's, which I personally think make the car look a bit tacky.

I think Peugeot will make a mistake if they offer too many options for "pimping" the RCZ. The RCZ in it's original form is what attracted nearly all of us to buy one. Too much "pimping" and we start to enter the domain of the chavs.

Peugeot, please leave the RCZ alone. I think you are going down the wrong path.

RCZ1

Reaction score
Peugeot are not the only ones to offer such packs, as has been previously mentioned, however no-one is having their arms bent to buy it, its merely there as an option, (along with all the other options that are available). You pays your money, you take your choice :)

FGRob

Reaction score
To be honest I not a big fan of changing from the original design, I am a bit of a purist, but things like exhaust the odd spoiler don't always look out of place and makes the car a little more individual, not that the RCZ doesn't already stand out - ask any TT owner :dance: :lol:

I would like a more sporty note from the exhaust and I may even consider an induction change, it will give a few extra pony's which wil be nice and this is coming from one of the older owners Figo :twisted: My MR2 is currently clocking 94 DBA at 4500 rpm when it redlines at 7200 it's a little higher :eusa-whistle: :eusa-whistle:

Rob - From the more mature age bracket :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VASS

Reaction score
its all about money

Audi remind you how much you dont spend at the start by covering the car in blanking plates all over the dash,.

Pug are just following the trend, if people are going to buy it, they'll keep making it.

A

Anonymous

so we're now in 2011!

any news? is the pack available now? if yes how much is it?