What's new
Peugeot RCZ Forum

Register a free account today to become a member. It's free! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, connect with other members through your own private inbox and take part in competitions!

Newbie require more info about RCZ R.

Kerr

Reaction score
Im just very picky with cars and never rush out to buy one :p. Looked at over 100 gti's before I bought one is an example of my pickyness 🤣. Anyway think I following up on the black one 15 plate

The other black car and the red car have both sold in the last 24 hours. The red one with the low mileage looked a good deal on current trends. It's not often a car with 18k miles will turn up.

It's just back to the 63 plate black car with 6 owners. That car isn't shifting from Peugeot dealer.

Pedro

Reaction score
I saw an advert somewhere RCZ in good condition had 6 previous owners !! o_O🚩❗🧰🧑‍🔧

turboguy

Reaction score
1610547643548.png
Put a deposit on it :D So at last I get one in the right colour ;). The correct colour for an R :p besides the red one.
Cant wait until delivery

Kerr

Reaction score
View attachment 10790
Put a deposit on it :D So at last I get one in the right colour ;). The correct colour for an R :p besides the red one.
Cant wait until delivery

Strong price for a 15 plate, but it looks cheap for a reason.

Are they doing any of the issues flagged up on the MOT?

That MOT pass sounds as if the dealer is trying to push that car through. The front pads and discs are done. Perished tyres, damaged valve stem and a cracked windscreen.

Strange they found the pads were 2.5mm when the previous MOT 6700 miles ago got them 2-3mm and advised they were thin.

turboguy

Reaction score
The dealer was a VW Main dealer until recently and they dont know much about the R, when I spoke to him about it. He is going to swop all the tyres as he knows, they are low and will put a fresh MOT on it and refurbish the alloys. Done all the required checks on the car including the all important HPi check.
Only thing I need to upgrade is the caliper pistons for the stainless steel pistons.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
Just make sure they don't "refurbish" them in a single colour.
I had 19" diamond cut wheels done once, it wasn't cheap. Near on £400. So going on that they must have made a decent margin on it if they're also changing the tyres.

Kerr

Reaction score
The dealer was a VW Main dealer until recently and they dont know much about the R, when I spoke to him about it. He is going to swop all the tyres as he knows, they are low and will put a fresh MOT on it and refurbish the alloys. Done all the required checks on the car including the all important HPi check.
Only thing I need to upgrade is the caliper pistons for the stainless steel pistons.

The fresh MOT was done today.

The front brakes are an advisory as they are badly worn. The brake pads are given as 2.5mm and the discs worn. The entire front brakes need done.

The MOT last year, 6700 miles ago, had the pads at 2-3mm. I sense your dealer is being generous with 2.5mm not to be forced to immediately replace them and the discs.

The windscreen is a repair as soon as possible. It's in front of the driver although not in direct line of view it's still in that zone. Just like the brake pad thickness I have a feeling the dealer is being generous with the 9mm crack. 10mm is a MOT failure.

The HPi doesn't tell you anything about the condition of the car.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210113-175522.png
    Screenshot_20210113-175522.png
    91 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Kerr

Reaction score
Just make sure they don't "refurbish" them in a single colour.
I had 19" diamond cut wheels done once, it wasn't cheap. Near on £400. So going on that they must have made a decent margin on it if they're also changing the tyres.

They'll get the wheels done at trade prices. A garage told me before they get 20" diamond cut wheels done for £60 each. Good tyres aren't so cheap.

It's the cheapest 15 plate I've seen. It's quite a bit under current prices.

turboguy

Reaction score
What size tyres are they ? Never bothered to check as I got used paying for a set of tyres every 6months on my current car which has 225-18 all round and those are not cheap either. Its about time I had a bit of luck buying a car 🤣 . Did spot a red one last March just before the lock down for £10,000 with low mileage but cos of covid my wife wouldnt let me go to buy it;). Anyway the best news is the insurance :p, fully comp £250 cos of my age ..

Woodso

Reaction score
I would want them to do all of the advisories if I was buying it.

Kerr

Reaction score
What size tyres are they ? Never bothered to check as I got used paying for a set of tyres every 6months on my current car which has 225-18 all round and those are not cheap either. Its about time I had a bit of luck buying a car 🤣 . Did spot a red one last March just before the lock down for £10,000 with low mileage but cos of covid my wife wouldnt let me go to buy it;). Anyway the best news is the insurance :p, fully comp £250 cos of my age ..

235/40x19".

You're going to soon find yourself having more bad luck if you don't get the dealer to fix the very obvious issues. That MOT is screaming everything you have to avoid, but you still sound as if you're ignoring it.

The car is cheap, and price seems to be your only concern, but that car is cheap for a very obvious reasons. The dealer is selling that car cheaper rather than spending the thousands that it requires.

You need to get the dealer to fix the issues, or factor in a lot of money for repairs.

turboguy

Reaction score
Can you point out which bits are the main problem.? I will get them to rectify it as I definitely don't wait to spend more replacing bits. Thanks

2retro

Reaction score
Sounds like it needs brand new front discs/calipers/pads and they're not cheap. The cracked windscreen and kerbed alloys would soon piss you off too I reckon...

turboguy

Reaction score
Yes just trawling through the site and know about the £2k replacing brakes. 🤪 Is that what you are hinting at kerr?
As for the windscreen worst case I could claim for it on windscreen cover if they won't replace it.

Kerr

Reaction score
Yes just trawling through the site and know about the £2k replacing brakes. 🤪 Is that what you are hinting at kerr?
As for the windscreen worst case I could claim for it on windscreen cover if they won't replace it.

My hints must be too subtle.

The brake pads are too thin. The brake discs are too worn. You'll find the calipers will be corroded as well. Expect a £2000 bill. Even more if the calipers need replaced and not refurbished.

I strongly suspect the dealer has called the windscreen crack 9mm when it's 10mm+ and an MOT failure. I can see it's £460 for a new screen.

Your insurance won't cover it if you bought the car with a damaged windscreen. It's logged
in the MOT history.

It's a used car and you have to accept wear and tear, but every single one of those advisories on the MOT should be fixed by an honest dealer.

If the dealer spends the money that car requires on the MOT, refurbishes the wheels and puts four new tyres, it won't be a £12k car. That's about £3500 of work.

RCZIain

Staff member
Reaction score
If I were buying that I'd want the brakes doing before I bought it.
I haven't seen the advert but I doubt it says anywhere "cheap because the front brakes cost a boat load to do"
So they either know the job costs a lot and if you mention it they'll say "that's why it's cheap", or they don't know.

turboguy

Reaction score
I may have to cancel the purchase if they are trying to screw me :eek:. Luckily its only a deposit on it at the moment

DKZ5745

Reaction score
It sounds like it might be a good car to get, IF the points mentioned above are sorted.
I would be honest with the dealer and tell them that you have researched the car and that unless the advisories are rectified you will have to pull out of the deal.
See what they say. It’s not worth going through with the purchase with those problems hanging over the car.

Woodso

Reaction score
Again to be plain, what all those current advisories, the previous MOT history including the fail, the previous advisories and the nature of them, they all scream to me neglect. It failed on not having any washer fluid, so you have to ask yourself about the degree of care given to the vehicle by the previous owner. He/she obviously did not want to spend any money at all. The damage to the windscreen has been on there for at least 3 years, I would have got that sorted as soon as it happened.

You have not mentioned anything regards the service history of this vehicle. If the previous owner has left it in the state that it currently is, you really need to ask yourself why and has it been serviced as it should. Is the dealer giving you any sort of warranty on the vehicle?

If the dealer does not fix ALL of the problem's this vehicle obviously has and give's you a warranty, I would steer away and look for something else.

Last edited: